Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first night game...it was electric
I have to be honest, when I found out last sunday that I scored tickets to the playoff game I wasnt all that excited. A long road trip to cincy, take a day off work, pack, get a hotel, etc all seems like a big PITA to me when I can comfortably watch at home on my 19" philcox.

But after walking longworth hall, the banks, seeing TJ hoshamazod(some may get the reference) and seeing all the energy around the stadium was damn near euphoric. And once the game started, the energy was even more turned up. Ive never been to a game(any game) where noboday sat the entire time. It was electric and Im damn sure glad I got over all my hurdles to go down there.

One bad thing was my son started feeling awful with a bad headache near halftime. I asked him if he wanted to leave but he had no interest in walking out. He suffered through the rest of the game and then promptly threw up all over the back seat and the hotel parking lot just as we pulled in.
Reply/Quote
You got me beat. My son gets two free tickets to playoff games. At least round one. I took them last year for the Raiders, but declined this year because I didn't want to be out all night Sunday. I live 6 miles from the stadium. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You got me beat.  My son gets two free tickets to playoff games.  At least round one.  I took them last year for the Raiders, but declined this year because I didn't want to be out all night Sunday. I live 6 miles from the stadium. LOL

Thats awesome...I probably wouldve been more apt to go if I lived 6 miles away  haha
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:28 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Thats awesome...I probably wouldve been more apt to go if I lived 6 miles away  haha

Yeah i'm a lazy SOB
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
It was electric
Boogie woogie, woogie   Smirk

I had season tickets since PBS opened and attended the first five playoff games it hosted.  All but the last sucked, of course.  That was electric as well, so I know what that's like.  Anyway, last night's playoff game was the first I had missed, having sold my seats in the off season. It was a little melancholy watching it here last night, but the outcome made up for it.  Glad you had a good time.  Maybe the football gids will grant us one more home game this year.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:11 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I have to be honest, when I found out last sunday that I scored tickets to the playoff game I wasnt all that excited.  A long road trip to cincy, take a day off work, pack, get a hotel, etc all seems like a big PITA to me when I can comfortably watch at home on my 19" philcox.  

But after walking longworth hall, the banks, seeing TJ hoshamazod(some may get the reference) and seeing all the energy around the stadium was damn near euphoric.  And once the game started, the energy was even more turned up.  Ive never been to a game(any game) where noboday sat the entire time.  It was electric and Im damn sure glad I got over all my hurdles to go down there.  

One bad thing was my son started feeling awful with a bad headache near halftime.  I asked him if he wanted to leave but he had no interest in walking out.  He suffered through the rest of the game and then promptly threw up all over the back seat and the hotel parking lot just as we pulled in.

You should have brought him down to the Ravens bench and THEN let him throw up.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
It was great.  They need to get someone to play "Welcome To the Jungle" live for every game. Big Grin

WTTJ starts at about 1:35.  This was in the fourth quarter.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 08:23 PM)Roland Wrote: It was great.  They need to get someone to play "Welcome To the Jungle" live for every game. Big Grin

Wish I could have been there.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 08:23 PM)Roland Wrote: It was great.  They need to get someone to play "Welcome To the Jungle" live for every game. Big Grin

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie, Eddie…

Reply/Quote
Was there for my first playoff game, and first night game. It was an amazing experience.
Way up near the top of section 311. First time on the home side too.
Only part that sucked was the 2 hr drive home.
It also sucked getting up for work, which started at 7:30, after getting less than 4 hrs of sleep.
But, I would do all of it over again, given the chance.

The Banks was great pregame.
Easily the loudest game that I have ever attended.
So much has changed over the past few years. All for the better.
The fan experience is so much better now than when I went to my first game. Not going to say how long ago that was.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 07:06 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It was electric

I had season tickets since PBS opened and attended the first five playoff games it hosted.  All but the last sucked, of course.  That was electric as well, so I know what that's like.  Anyway, last night's playoff game was the first I had missed, having sold my seats in the off season. It was a little melancholy watching it here last night, but the outcome made up for it.  Glad you had a good time.  Maybe the football gids will grant us one more home game this year.

That's the first thing I thought of............

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

As I've mentioned before, I could only get two tickets in the crippled section because all you able-bodied pricks sit in the crippled section, but it was pretty insane.

The two "normal" dudes sitting next to me kept standing and it would block off the entire side of the field for me to see (we were on the 50), so I finally asked them to stop standing or just scoot back when they stand, which the dude right next to me stopped standing but his friend kept standing.

I actually took pictures and there was actually so many people standing that looked like they had nothing wrong and there was no crippled person remotely close to them.

I did see one or two with only one person in a wheelchair and then three "normal" people, which is fine with me and party on, but I was pissed at all the "normal" people who just took advantage of them not being able to question why people need those seats.

I'm going to get at least one news station to do a story on it post-season.

Having said that, it was CRAZY!

I'm so proud of our fans and our team!

There were one or two times when things didn't go our way, either because of a bad play call or someone just making a mistake, and, each time, I braced for the crowd to "BOO" the team, but it never happened! Our fans just kept on supporting the team! I loved it because it felt like we were there with them through thick and thin!

There was one asshole Ravens fan in the seats right below the crippled section that kept talking shit to our fans, but they kept cool and just let him ramble on!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 07:06 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It was electric

Thanks for getting that song in my head  LOL.  
Reply/Quote