EDGE Missouri

Joshua Gray
OG Oregon State

175. Omar Speights
LB LSU

206. Ainias Smith
WR Texas A&M
Reply/Quote
Darius Robinson is a sleeper. He might be an 'after combine' riser. I like the picks. Albeit, there could be several OL picks at 16 I might like better. Not sure yet and I'm still evaluating these 1st round tackles. Latham could be the BPA among them there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 02:05 PM)TKUHL Wrote: 16.
JC Latham
OT Alabama

T Sweat
DT Texas

78. M Smith
DT LSU

109.Darius Robinson
EDGE Missouri

Joshua Gray
OG Oregon State

175. Omar Speights
LB LSU

206. Ainias Smith
WR Texas A&M

I think you’re very optimistic about Latham there at 16. Pretty unanimously going in top 10.
Reply/Quote
Hard for me to sign off on a draft that doesn't have a WR in the first three rounds, let alone doesn't take one at all. We will likely move on from Boyd and the only way we keep Tee is on a one year FT rental. For all the hope regarding Yoshi and Jones, they still haven't even combined for 100 receiving yards, yet. With the amount of injuries we've had at the position this year, less than 450 yards combined out of our 4-6 is really poor.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 02:05 PM)TKUHL Wrote: 16.
JC Latham
OT Alabama

T Sweat
DT Texas

78. M Smith
DT LSU

109.Darius Robinson
EDGE Missouri

Joshua Gray
OG Oregon State

175. Omar Speights
LB LSU

206. Ainias Smith
WR Texas A&M

Really depends on what we decide with Higgins and Williams could change things for sure
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 07:29 PM)Whatever Wrote: Hard for me to sign off on a draft that doesn't have a WR in the first three rounds, let alone doesn't take one at all.  We will likely move on from Boyd and the only way we keep Tee is on a one year FT rental.  For all the hope regarding Yoshi and Jones, they still haven't even combined for 100 receiving yards, yet.  With the amount of injuries we've had at the position this year, less than 450 yards combined out of our 4-6 is really poor.

Look again in the seventh round. 

Now I might be in agreement that this is too late. That said, it doesn't have to be the first three rounds. Marvin Jones was a fifth round pick. And there is the possibility of tagging Higgins like you mentioned or finding someone more affordable in FA to be our WR2. 

As for not combining for 100 receiving yards, that might change if one of them were starting regularly. Right now they are basically rotational. 

Reply/Quote
I think we will tag Tee. Also have probably too much faith in Yoshi and C. Jones. I just think they are going to be very good. That’s why I didn’t see a need to draft a WR.
Reply/Quote
I think a few scenarios come into play with draft

Scenario 1: Sign/Tag Tee and sign Williams: We focus 1st round DT 2nd round: cb/safety. , 3rd round TE

Scenario 2: Sign/Tag Tee and don;t sign Williams: 1st round O tackle, 2nd round D tackle, 3rd round TE

Scenario 3: Tre Tee, sign williams: 1st round WR/DT, 2nd round (assume two picks, one 2nd with trade), WR/DT, CB/TE, 3rd: CB/TE

Scenario 4 : Trade Tee and don't sign Williams 1st round and 2nd round WR/OT, 2nd round with trade : DT 3rd round TE
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think a few scenarios come into play with draft

Scenario 1: Sign/Tag Tee and sign Williams:  We focus 1st round DT  2nd round: cb/safety. , 3rd round TE

Scenario 2: Sign/Tag Tee and don;t sign Williams:  1st round O tackle, 2nd round D tackle, 3rd round TE

Scenario 3: Tre Tee, sign williams:  1st round WR/DT, 2nd round (assume two picks, one 2nd with trade), WR/DT, CB/TE, 3rd: CB/TE

Scenario 4 : Trade Tee and don't sign Williams  1st round and 2nd round WR/OT, 2nd round with trade :  DT  3rd round TE

While I agree, I don't see the Bengals ever drafting for straight need.  I'm hoping we have starters in place by the draft and they simply go with the best guy on their board.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think a few scenarios come into play with draft

Scenario 1: Sign/Tag Tee and sign Williams:  We focus 1st round DT  2nd round: cb/safety. , 3rd round TE

Scenario 2: Sign/Tag Tee and don;t sign Williams:  1st round O tackle, 2nd round D tackle, 3rd round TE

Scenario 3: Tre Tee, sign williams:  1st round WR/DT, 2nd round (assume two picks, one 2nd with trade), WR/DT, CB/TE, 3rd: CB/TE

Scenario 4 : Trade Tee and don't sign Williams  1st round and 2nd round WR/OT, 2nd round with trade :  DT  3rd round TE

There isn't a TE worth the 80th pick.  You would have to reach outside the Top 100 for guys like Stover and Bell if you wanted a 3rd round TE.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:58 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: While I agree, I don't see the Bengals ever drafting for straight need.  I'm hoping we have starters in place by the draft and they simply go with the best guy on their board.

That won't happen this year. Too many holes. WR2, WR3, TE1, RT, NT, + maybe a CB/S are open (depending on your views on Dax & Turner).

Best case scenario is signing Tee. Reader is able to play fairly early/midseason next year & we bring him back at a discount. Let Jonah & Boyd walk & take that $$ & sign a DT stud in FA (Wilkins, Madubuike). Pick an OT Rd1, WR in 2 or 3 to replace Boyd (Legette, Polk, Corley, one of the Wilson's), and depending how the rest of FA goes (is Chido back or not), we get some NT/TE/CB/S help with the other day 2 pick. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 02:09 PM)Whatever Wrote: There isn't a TE worth the 80th pick.  You would have to reach outside the Top 100 for guys like Stover and Bell if you wanted a 3rd round TE.

I do think Stover from OSU will probably go in 3rd round and I do like him but you are correct a thin TE group so might wait till 4th round, im not sure if they would look at Sanders from Texas in 2nd round..
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 02:09 PM)Whatever Wrote: There isn't a TE worth the 80th pick.  You would have to reach outside the Top 100 for guys like Stover and Bell if you wanted a 3rd round TE.

Stover will rise. I would be surprised if he makes it out of 2nd round, let alone falls out of 3rd. Dude is a great prospect with little to no holes in game
Reply/Quote