Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My grandson..
My grandson, only in 8th grade already has offers for scholarships to college. He'll be competing in the state finals for some scholastic thing in history..Don't ask.. He's WAYYYYY ahead of me at that age.. He's carrying a 4.0 grade average for the past 4 or 5 years...already doing trigonometry...YIKES.. 
He's a tad goofy at time, but the big brother of three younger siblings and takes great care of all three along with mom and dad.. 
It seemed like just a few years ago my daughter was stuck with a loud mouth turd of a dud, living in a rat hole of a tiny apartment, the kids were in terrible shape, not doing well in school, etc. 
They came to SC to visit that year and I refused to let him in the house. Well, she finally dumped him after that, went through all kinds of childish nonsense getting rid of him, but finally did and meet a fine young man at work. Ever since they've been doing great, bought the trailer they live in, bought another and are getting ready to finally buy a house instead eventually, but my grandson has really taken off with school and everything else ..
I don't brag often about my kids, but my grandson is the exception. He went through a lot of emotional trauma with my daughter's former bf, but once he was out of his life it's been nothing but uphill ever since.. He plans to pursue an engineering degree later and I have little doubt he'll do it with flying colors.. 
Oh yeah, he wears his hair long just like his grampa! I guess i did something right raising my daughter and even my son despite his screwups..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That’s damn impressive! Congratulations
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Glad they were able to get out of that bad situation and are thriving now. It sounds like the kid has a very bright future!
Reply/Quote
Good. It's nice to hear about a kid doing awesome instead of all the crap you see about the younger generation doing insane shit that you see constantly on social/conventional media.
Reply/Quote