Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My hire for OC
I think the next Bengals OC should be Peyton Manning. Think about it...he was already pretty much a player/coach for his team for the last 5-7 yrs of his career. And who knows NFL offenses and how to attack a D better than he does? I know he is making a kajillion dollars in endorsements, but maybe he could be coaxed out of retirement for the right offer and because he misses the camaraderie and his love for the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 12:10 AM)Beaker Wrote: I think the next Bengals OC should be Peyton Manning. Think about it...he was already pretty much a player/coach for his team for the last 5-7 yrs of his career. And who knows NFL offenses and how to attack a D better than he does? I know he is making a kajillion dollars in endorsements, but maybe he could be coaxed out of retirement for the right offer and because he misses the camaraderie and his love for the game.

That would be awesome. Look at how well Romo is predicting plays and breaking things down as an analyst. And that's Tony Romo, Peyton probably knows the game about as well as anyone living. 

Unfortunately, I have a hard time seeing him come here. If he did want to get into coaching he'd probably have some good choices. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He could definitely help making McCarron a top 10 qb someday.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 12:10 AM)Beaker Wrote: I think the next Bengals OC should be Peyton Manning. Think about it...he was already pretty much a player/coach for his team for the last 5-7 yrs of his career. And who knows NFL offenses and how to attack a D better than he does? I know he is making a kajillion dollars in endorsements, but maybe he could be coaxed out of retirement for the right offer and because he misses the camaraderie and his love for the game.

Love the idea, and would love to see it happen. That said, UT or the Colts would get him before the franchise he has no ties to at all.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 12:42 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Love the idea, and would love to see it happen. That said, UT or the Colts would get him before the franchise he has no ties to at all.

I really feel like someone is going to hand him a HC job without any experience.  Him taking it is another story.
Reply/Quote
G Gordon Liddy...
Reply/Quote
Great players often make lousy coaches. Who knows how Manning might do. It would be a big cut in pay.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Omaha - Omaha !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Peyton never shared credit with the o line,wideouts, backs, tight ends,or coaches.
He just soaked in all the glory by himself.He was the entire offense, in his mind .
Never heard him mention others during interviews.
Reply/Quote

So were not keeping Lazor as OC?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Peyton Manning will go the Elway route, he won't become a coach. The amount of hours coaches put in is why most of the best players never become coaches, not because they aren't capable of doing it, but because they already did that to be great and they want to experience family life later in life. The other issue again, elite players were normally elite for some sort of intangible reason. When those players have to then try and get other players to do what it is they did, they can often become frustrated with someone who doesn't have their intangible ability to do what made them great.
Reply/Quote
That would be incredible. Love that guy, and talk about having 100% respect from all of your players.

Sadly, id imagine he would go to Indy first, and Denver second
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 03:15 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So were not keeping Lazor as OC?

I'm curious to see which staff would stay if the Bengals got a new HC that wasn't internal.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
*to the the tune of Nationwide is on your side* Peyton Manning come coach for us
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 09:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm curious to see which staff would stay if the Bengals got a new HC that wasn't internal.

New HC, im sure there would be some significant staff changes.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 10:34 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: New HC, im sure there would be some significant staff changes.

You would think/hope, but you have to wonder if Mike Brown won't "overrule" the next HC to keep certain folks. Wasn't that the case with Bratkowski, Anderson, and PA?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Throw in how much Dalton's career was mirroring Peyton's in quite a few ways and I think this would be a GREAT move.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
There is like a 0% chance that Peyton Manning would come here to be our OC. None.

It's the same type of pipe dream as Jon Gruden or Cowher coming here to be our HC. 0% change. It won't happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 11:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There is like a 0% chance that Peyton Manning would come here to be our OC. None.

It's the same type of pipe dream as Jon Gruden or Cowher coming here to be our HC. 0% change. It won't happen.

I wouldn't say there a 0% chance, but, yeah, there's a better chance of us winning the Super Bowl than Peyton being our OC.

As to the Gruden or Cowher, I think there's an even better chance of that happening, but not by much. There's a better chance of Lewis being extended than them being the new HC, but there's still a greater than 0% chance of that happening.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 11:21 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I wouldn't say there a 0% chance, but, yeah, there's a better chance of us winning the Super Bowl than Peyton being our OC.

As to the Gruden or Cowher, I think there's an even better chance of that happening, but not by much. There's a better chance of Lewis being extended than them being the new HC, but there's still a greater than 0% chance of that happening.

Gruden and Cowher have gotten better offers that they turned down.

Coughlin didn't come here because he wanted GM control or to hire a GM. I doubt that Cowher or Gruden would come to a team without a GM and a small scouting staff. Oh...and they'd need paid excessively more than they make on TV too.
Reply/Quote