Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My hire for OC
(09-20-2017, 12:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Gruden and Cowher have gotten better offers that they turned down.

Coughlin didn't come here because he wanted GM control or to hire a GM. I doubt that Cowher or Gruden would come to a team without a GM and a small scouting staff. Oh...and they'd need paid excessively more than they make on TV too.

I don't think they're coming either, but there's still a sliver of a chance that they may see something on the team and could figure that they're exactly what the Bengals need in order to win a championship.

Yeah, it's not likely at all, but still better than a 0% chance.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 12:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't think they're coming either, but there's still a sliver of a chance that they may see something on the team and could figure that they're exactly what the Bengals need in order to win a championship.

Yeah, it's not likely at all, but still better than a 0% chance.

You know...3 years ago was the time to make the HC change. I think our team still had a lot of young talent on a rookie contract that could have enticed a coach here. The right coach could have took us to the next level.

We're clearly in a phase of talent decline. (4 of our offensive lineman are bench guys on most playoff teams. We might need a new TE next year, etc.)
Reply/Quote
If you're talking about former QBs, I would love to see Kitna hired as a QB coach.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 04:05 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If you're talking about former QBs, I would love to see Kitna hired as a QB coach.

You'd have to figure out if he's willing to relocate again. He just moved his family down to Texas for his high school coaching career.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 04:15 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You'd have to figure out if he's willing to relocate again. He just moved his family down to Texas for his high school coaching career.

After the most recent flooding (even if it didn't directly affect him), he might be willing to relocate. 
Reply/Quote
I would not want Peyton here doing anything......
he's a total diva, me, me, me....
Reply/Quote
Lets be honest, I don't really think Mike Brown is going to look outside the organization. He might "kick the tires" or wine and dine a couple of people at Wendy's, but if they're not currently employed by the Bengals chances are slim they'll get real consideration. Who knows, this might be Alexander the Great's big break.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Getting Manning as OUR OC? I'm not investing in Manning Cincinnati OC futures..
I think we'd have a better chance of getting a free trip to the moon and finding a winning lottery ticket taped to the (Ehem..flag) left there by the Apollo crew and THEN as the space ship begins to burn up upon reentry to earth's atmosphere we all parachute out to safety and land right on the B on the 50 yardline right as the Bengals win the super bowl for the 50th consecutive season!  
I'm not saying it's impossible, just our odds are better with the lunar scenario..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 09:43 AM)bengals73 Wrote: *to the the tune of Nationwide is on your side* Peyton Manning come coach for us

That's one too many syllables.

"Peyton will you coach for us" would work.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Wait. He's related to mike and Katie?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 07:31 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Lets be honest, I don't really think Mike Brown is going to look outside the organization. He might "kick the tires" or wine and dine a couple of people at Wendy's, but if they're not currently employed by the Bengals chances are slim they'll get real consideration. Who knows, this might be Alexander the Great's big break.

Can you imagine Paul Alexander is named the next head coach of the Bengals and then turns into the next Belichick making the Bengals into a Super Bowl dynasty? LOL

I can't either, but it's better than thinking of PA as the next coach and the shitstorm that would erupt from that happening.
Reply/Quote