Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My iPhone Is Acting Up- PLEASE HELP!
(03-18-2021, 04:19 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: If it is an 11 you should not need to press the side button for it come on.  Just tap the screen and it should open.  That is unless you turned it off completely.  If you enabled faceID it will unlock, swipe up to open to the home screen.  You can also enable raise to wake if you want.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208081

That was easy

Hilarious

Thanks!  Us brain damaged need help sometimes!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 04:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's exactly what I was thinking!  Who the hell needs a "back" button?!

I will say that I just got a new iPhone 11 (I think) and I don't like how it doesn't have a home button where I can just press it or double press it to bring up every open ap.  The swipe up from the bottom thing isn't as easy for me and I also don't like how I have to press the side button to get it to even come on.

Maybe it will just take some getting used to.  

I'm still figuring it all out but I do like most things about it so far.

You would be AMAZED at how much more user-friendly and accessible, having that actual button is Wink

And yes, George; my Sony Xperia One (2 years ago's model; last year's is MUCH better than my quite awesome phone Smirk) and all Android phones for that matter, have 3 buttons on the bottom; a back button, a home button (similar to iPhones) and a button to show all apps currently:

[Image: Sony-Xperia_HeroSquare-6e0c86622882494aa...21b499.jpg]

You can do virtually anything with just one hand and have been able to do that since the onset of Smartphones :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 04:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You would be AMAZED at how much more user-friendly and accessible, having that actual button is Wink

And yes, George; my Sony Xperia One (2 years ago's model; last year's is MUCH better than my quite awesome phone Smirk) and all Android phones for that matter, have 3 buttons on the bottom; a back button, a home button (similar to iPhones) and a button to show all apps currently:

[Image: Sony-Xperia_HeroSquare-6e0c86622882494aa...21b499.jpg]

You can do virtually anything with just one hand and have been able to do that since the onset of Smartphones :)

So basically the same thing that can be done with one hand with a press of a button (older iPhones with the home button) and/or a finger swipe on an iPhone using one hand.  Really I'm not here to argue about this.  I could not care less if people prefer Android or iPhone and I don't care who uses what.  Or car brand vs whatever car brand where you will see similar arguments about this is better than that.  People like them for various reasons and it is their money to spend. So none of my business why they like them.

I joined this thread to try to help Brad with his original issue. It seems like from his posts I have to some degree helped and I'm good with that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote