Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My key to the game..
Defense and/or special teams need to make big plays...We need a score from one of these units or both would be better....Take the pressure off AJ and the offense...make the field short...If Cleveland can hold SF to 3 points then they should get a big fat 0 against us
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 01:12 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Defense and/or special teams need to make big plays...We need a score from one of these units or both would be better....Take the pressure off AJ and the offense...make the field short...If Cleveland can hold SF to 3 points then they should get a big fat 0 against us

Defense, defense, defense. If bengals score 14 or more, they win... And they will. 

Reply/Quote
I'd like to see McCarron execute a few successful scoring drives. Not the big play for easy score type, but the 12 play, pick the defense apart, grind it out sort of drives. We need him to demonstrate full knowledge of the play book, gain the confidence and timing of the receivers.

This game should be a gimme, but SF does have a valid pass rush. And, next week v. Denver will be feet to the fire for the young QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Don't expect a ST td if cinder block shoes is the return man.
Reply/Quote
I think the key is for McCarron to control the tempo of the game. He needs to stay even keel and not get too excited. We have a boatload of talent around him he doesn't need to make the big play unless it's easy taking.
Reply/Quote
I think the key to the game is going to be coaching.

Not to underestimate the opponent because of NFL rankings or Johnny and the Flushables beat them last week.

Any given Sunday... so hopefully Marvin/Hue/Guenther got these guys in the right mind to play inspired smart football.

Not cute bullshit offense and stupid chest thumping costly penalties.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 01:47 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I think the key to the game is going to be coaching.

Not to underestimate the opponent because of NFL rankings or Johnny and the Flushables beat them last week.

Any given Sunday...  so hopefully Marvin/Hue/Guenther got these guys in the right mind to play inspired smart football.

I'm so tired of the "cuteness"  on offense. I don't mind the shifting that takes place presnap, in fact I like it because I do think it brings about confusion for a defense. But I absolutely hate splitting tackles out wide and continually throwing to them when there is a plethora of talent to get the ball to on offense. 

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 01:52 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I'm so tired of the "cuteness"  on offense. I don't mind the shifting that takes place presnap, in fact I like it because I do think it brings about confusion for a defense. But I absolutely hate splitting tackles out wide and continually throwing to them when there is a plethora of talent to get the ball to on offense. 

Yeah, I agree.  This crap needs to stop.  Plus, it ain't workin'!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Running game and defense. That should be enough. As long as AJ doesn't cause turn overs it should be a good game.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 01:47 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I think the key to the game is going to be coaching.

Any given Sunday...  so hopefully Marvin/Hue/Guenther got these guys in the right mind to play inspired smart football.

This team has done a great job in staying within the game plan throughout the year regardless who they play.. i don;t see anything different.. we win the turnover battle i feel we win the game, we lose the turnover battle.. this could swing the other way
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 01:52 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I'm so tired of the "cuteness"  on offense. I don't mind the shifting that takes place presnap, in fact I like it because I do think it brings about confusion for a defense. But I absolutely hate splitting tackles out wide and continually throwing to them when there is a plethora of talent to get the ball to on offense. 
We have barely thrown to any lineman in that type of formation, we have used that formation to throw a WR with those lineman blocking.. Fisher has one catch, can you show me the plays we have been throwing to lineman in that position?
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see this team finally embrace the simple concept of short passes to GIO or Hill for easy yards
and potentially huge gains.

Too many cute plays. Do what works. K.I.S.S.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 05:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We have barely thrown to any lineman in that type of formation, we have used that formation to throw a WR with those lineman blocking.. Fisher has one catch, can you show me the plays we have been throwing to lineman in that position?

I should have been more clear but those are Two separate thoughts. Splitting the tackles out for ANY reason is stupid and throwing to a tackle in ANY formation is stupid. Too many playmakers on the offense to be doing that. 

Reply/Quote