Re-sign:
Tyler Eifert TE 3M with incentives to 5M
C J Uzomah TE 2yrs/ 4M
Trey Hopkins OG 2 yrs/4M
Brandon Wilson S 1.5M

Extend Boyd 4yrs/30M 6/8/8/8

Sign:
Bryce Callahan CB 4yrs/28M   2018 PFF grade :  81.4
Replacement for Dennard at sCB. Bengals would have to overpay for his services much like they did last season. Truth is he should be re-signed for 5M a year but after making 8M last season he wouldn’t love a pay cut. I have seen some want to re-sign Dennard for 7-8 M a year but if the Bengals are going to pay top dollar for a slot CB then Callahan is your guy.

K.J. Wright OLB 2 yrs/14M     2018 PFF grade:  71.3
I realize he is 31 years old but feel like he has some plenty in the tank. Really good coverage linebacker. Wouldn’t be a bad guy to learn behind either.

Sean Mannion QB 1yr/2M
Back-up QB that the new HC is familiar with.

Ty Nsekhe OT 1yr/4M         2018 PFF grade 67.8
Swing Tackle that would be an improvement over Smith or Fisher.

Benson Mayowa DE 2yrs/7M   2018 PFF grade 73.3
Solid rotational DE that would replace Michael Johnson

Jordan Hicks ILB 4yrs/28M     2018 PFF grade 80.7
Stud ILB who would up grade the defense immensely.

Trade: Bengals trade pick #183 to Chicago for LB Nick Kwiatkoski $2,045,000
ILB with starting experience in the last year of his deal. Be a good use of a 6th round pick and it would make sense for the Bears also as they have cap issues, linebacker depth and only 4 picks in the draft.

Mock Draft:
Round 1, Overall 11 Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
[Image: r176518_600x400_3-2.jpg]

Round 2, Overall 42 N’Keal Harry, WR, Arizona St
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFa3AU44vU691GTDt2-wD...cjmL3QIJD1]
Round 3, Overall 72 Erik McCoy C/G, Texas A&M
[Image: 5c6ecb4d20d36.image.jpg?resize=400%2C273]

Round 4, Overall 110 Khalen Saunders, DT, Western Illinois
[Image: Khalen-Saunders-WIU-defensive-tackle-201...63181.jpeg]
Round 5, Overall 149 Chase Hansen, OLB, Utah
[Image: 8648908.jpg]
Round 6, Overall 198 (via Cowboys) Isaac Nauta, TE, Georgia
[Image: 58ee48350b3c5.image.jpg]
Round 6, Overall 210 (Comp) Bunchy Stallings, G/C, UK
[Image: DnzHdh3XsAERljF.jpg]
Round 6, Overall 211 (Comp) Isaiah Johnson CB Houston
[Image: JOHNSON_Isaiah_Tulane_04.jpg?fit=696%2C469&ssl=1]
Round 6, Overall 213 (Comp) Tony Pollard, HB, Memphis
[Image: 4892595.jpg]
Round 7, Overall 223 Cole Tracy, K, LSU
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqGGfyd8b1S11DKHtiN3N...FX39yokVxV]

Bengals roster

Offense:
QB: Dalton, Mannion
RB: Mixon, Bernard, Pollard
OT: Glenn, Neskhe, J Taylor
OG: Boling, Westerman, Hopkins, R. Taylor
C: Price, McCoy, Stallings
WR: Green, Boyd, Ross, Erickson, Malone, Harry
TE: Eifert, Uzomah, Nauta

Defense:
DT: Atkins, Billings, Glasgow, Saunders
DE: Dunlap, Willis, Hubbard, Lawson, Mayowa
LB: Vigil, Evans, Hansen, Hicks, Wright, Kwiatkoski
CB: Kirkpatrick, Jackson III, Callahan, Russell, Phillips, Harris, Johnson
S: Bates III, Fejedelem, Williams, Henderson, Wilson

LS: Harris
P: Huber
K: Bullock/Tracy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Personally, I would never take Taylor with the 11th overall pick. The guy somehow gathered some hype but I see him as a late 1st early 2nd round guy. I would much rather draft a CB if we can't get an OT or LB that grades out that high or move back if the opportunity presents itself. Strange year this year, but 2nd round is gonna be loaded if we can get another 2 by any means we should.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Why would Dre restructure? You can threaten to cut him but your still eating 4.2 if you do. From Dre's stand point he is 29 and could get another contract if he was cut now with more guaranteed money since the guarantees are about done here anyways.

I'd fire my agent if I was Dre and he entertained that discussion lol.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 02:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: Why would Dre restructure? You can threaten to cut him but your still eating 4.2 if you do. From Dre's stand point he is 29 and could get another contract if he was cut now with more guaranteed money since the guarantees are about done here anyways.

they could trade him tho and I'm sure some corner desperate team would like to have him even at 10 a year.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 02:51 PM)Okeana Wrote: they could trade him tho and I'm sure some corner desperate team would like to have him even at 10 a year.

Yea but we still take the 4.2 million cap hit. You may be able to get a late pick but I doubt it'll be much, maybe a 6th?
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 02:37 PM)Okeana Wrote: Personally, I would never take Taylor with the 11th overall pick.  The guy somehow gathered some hype but I see him as a late 1st early 2nd round guy.  I would much rather draft a CB if we can't get an OT or LB that grades out that high or move back if the opportunity presents itself.  Strange year this year, but 2nd round is gonna be loaded if we can get another 2 by any means we should.

I think it would be the right move. Makes more sense to me to draft a good OT maybe a bit high (I think he is a top 15 guy) than pay Juwaan James 10M or a guy coming off injury 7-8M (Daryl Williams) This team cannot improve until the Oline gets an infusion of talent. Why a lb at 11? Good linebackers can be found in about any round or undrafted see Burfict. Linebackers get beat up about as bad as any position in football and it makes more sense to me to get a really good one in FA for 6-7M a season than to spend a high pick on it. A comparable OT would cost 11M or more in FA.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 02:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: Why would Dre restructure? You can threaten to cut him but your still eating 4.2 if you do. From Dre's stand point he is 29 and could get another contract if he was cut now with more guaranteed money since the guarantees are about done here anyways.

Either way the rest of the moves could be made without the restructure. I feel like it is possible to restructure his deal regardless.
Reply/Quote