Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new favorite fast food sandwich
My new favorite fast food sandwich is Culvers' grilled cheese on rye. (I sometimes get their cheeseburgers with rye bread as well.) What's your favorite?
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
Black Jack burger from……. Back Yard Burger

Original chicken sandwich with honey roasted barbecue sauce…….Chick-Fil-A

The Brisket sandwich from……. Arby's

Plus loving the new fast food pizza craze too. Pieology, Blaze, and Mod pizza where it is $7 or $8 a pizza and it is designed like subway and you get to design it how you like with as many toppings as you want for same price with about 30 to choose from. Takes 3 minutes to cook in open fire style oven.

Do like me some Culver's as well but never had the grilled cheese. Actually rarely order grilled cheese in restaurants and usually make them at home. With the exception being if I get a bowl a chili at a bar, will add a grilled cheese then.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Culver's has a fried pork tenderloin that is really good. I guess if I had to pick a favorite, that would be it.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I don’t think I’ve ever been to Culver’s. Sounds like a must stop now. As far as burgers go, always been a fan of BK because of the flame broiling. Rally’s seems to sport some pretty nice concoctions on their commercials but the few times I’ve stopped have left disappointed.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 08:21 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don’t think I’ve ever been to Culver’s. Sounds like a must stop now. As far as burgers go, always been a fan of BK because of the flame broiling. Rally’s seems to sport some pretty nice concoctions on their commercials but the few times I’ve stopped have left disappointed.

the Wisconsin butter burgers are great...

And get the cheese curds....

While not a sandwich..  BK had cheesy tots  that were pretty good.

Favorite fast food sandwich is probly  from In-and-Out Burger... (but they are not around)  so ill put it between culvers butter burger and the baconator. and add chili cheese sandwich from skyline to the mix..

best value for dollar is probly steak and shakes 4 $ meal sandwich and fries.
Reply/Quote
At Arbys I'll get two ham sliders and potato cakes.

When my wife phones in a takeout order to Bob Evans, she'll ask me if I want anything, I get a quart of chicken and noodles and a quart of home fries, sometimes a cheeseburger as well.

I'll buy fried chicken at Meijers and then go through KFC's drive-thru and get a large macaroni-and-cheese and a large potato wedges.

At Chick-fil-A I'll get their standard chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
Sorry boys, but BK sucks!

Wendys has the best burgers IMO. I also like Arbys when im on road trips. Just always hits the spot for some reason.

I went to Shake Shack in Vegas when I was there and, though not techinically fast food, it was amazing. Recommend 100%.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Not many are fans but believe Hardy's burgers are underrated since Carl Jrs bought them.

They bought them for their breakfast menu only and incorporated their own west coast burger menu.

Thought they were the worst back in the day though.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 02:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not many are fans but believe Hardy's burgers are underrated since Carl Jrs bought them.

They bought them for their breakfast menu only and incorporated their own west coast burger menu.

So Hardees and Carls Jr. are the same now? I believe Carls Jr. is known for using really good quality ingredients. 
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 03:12 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So Hardees and Carls Jr. are the same now? I believe Carls Jr. is known for using really good quality ingredients. 

Yes that is why you see the yellow star now

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 01:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Sorry boys, but BK sucks!

Wendys has the best burgers IMO. I also like Arbys when im on road trips. Just always hits the spot for some reason.

I went to Shake Shack in Vegas when I was there and, though not techinically fast food, it was amazing. Recommend 100%.

Pitifull.

Whopper used to be my go to. Now i cant stand anything from bk. Last few times its been some of the worst fast food ive ever had. Probably getting close to 2 years since ive made the mistake of going there.

Penn Station philly cheesesteak was once my #1 but they ruined it when they changed the bread.

I would say Jimmy Johns now. The loaded Italian cant remember the exact name
Reply/Quote
Anyone ever have Firehouse subs before?  I like them.  I don't know if I could pinpoint one favorite fast food sandwich though.  just all kind of depends on where I go to. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 05:15 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Anyone ever have Firehouse subs before?  I like them.  I don't know if I could pinpoint one favorite fast food sandwich though.  just all kind of depends on where I go to. 

Firehouse is decent. I think my favorite sadwhich place right now though is either Dibellas or Jersey Mikes. 
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 05:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Firehouse is decent. I think my favorite sadwhich place right now though is either Dibellas or Jersey Mikes. 

Jersey Mike's Italian or the Cheesesteak FTW.  My favorite fast food option.  Izzy's ain't that bad either.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 08:21 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don’t think I’ve ever been to Culver’s. Sounds like a must stop now. As far as burgers go, always been a fan of BK because of the flame broiling. Rally’s seems to sport some pretty nice concoctions on their commercials but the few times I’ve stopped have left disappointed.

Culver's is killer.....the Concrete Mixers trump the Blizzard all day long.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 05:44 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Jersey Mike's Italian or the Cheesesteak FTW.  My favorite fast food option.  Izzy's ain't that bad either.

Mike’s Way
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 05:49 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Mike’s Way

Yup......and add pickles and mayo. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 02:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not many are fans but believe Hardy's burgers are underrated since Carl Jrs bought them.

Hardees had great fried chicken.  And their Frisco burger was killer.

My favorite fast food is the gyro at Mike's in Hamilton, OH.  It's not a chain but they have a drive thru and it comes out in just a couple minutes, which makes it fast food to me.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 01:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Sorry boys, but BK sucks!

I've had this conversation often.  Arby's stop on a long car ride is an absolute must.  Best road trip food out there.

(02-28-2018, 05:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Jersey Mike's Italian or the Cheesesteak FTW.  My favorite fast food option.  Izzy's ain't that bad either.

Damn I miss me some Izzy's

We have a place called Snarf's out here that puts all fast food sub shops to shame, no matter what your flavor of choice is.  Believe they've made their way to St Louis and Chicago as well.

Speaking of Skyline, bean burrito is highly underrated.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 06:48 PM)McC Wrote: Hardees had great fried chicken.  And their Frisco burger was killer.

My favorite fast food is the gyro at Mike's in Hamilton, OH.  It's not a chain but they have a drive thru and it comes out in just a couple minutes, which makes it fast food to me.

I like Gyros too.  We have a little shop here, called St. George Subs.  It's owned and ran by a Greek man and his son.  I am partial to the Gyro, but my wife love's the Philly Cheesesteak Sub.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote