Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new favorite fast food sandwich
I concur on Culver's and DiBellas. I've had multiple sandwiches at Culvers and never had a bad one. Plus, there's frozen custard for dessert. The Italian Assorted at DiBellas is limited to a monthly treat. They pile the meat high and it's still a relatively cheap sandwich, and 10 x better than Subway.

My go-to quick/cheap sandwich though is the Big Boy. It's the tarter sauce. You could spread that stuff on asphalt and it would taste good. And, Big Boy serves tater tots now, so bonus.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 09:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I concur on Culver's and DiBellas. I've had multiple sandwiches at Culvers and never had a bad one. Plus, there's frozen custard for dessert. The Italian Assorted at DiBellas is limited to a monthly treat. They pile the meat high and it's still a relatively cheap sandwich, and 10 x better than Subway.

My go-to quick/cheap sandwich though is the Big Boy. It's the tarter sauce. You could spread that stuff on asphalt and it would taste good. And, Big Boy serves tater tots now, so bonus.
Big boy was good back in the day when there was little competition. Now they compete for worst service award with IHOP and steak and shake. I don't wait an hour for a cheeseburger.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 05:15 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Anyone ever have Firehouse subs before?  I like them.  I don't know if I could pinpoint one favorite fast food sandwich though.  just all kind of depends on where I go to. 

Think Firehouse is real good. 

Unlike the majority of my friends am not a big fan of Jersey Mikes or Jimmy Johns.  

Just do not like cold subs and prefer the pizza house style, 

Which pizza house subs are my very favorite sandwiches but do not consider them fast food.

Wick's is my favorite subs and pizza. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 09:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I concur on Culver's and DiBellas.  I've had multiple sandwiches at Culvers and never had a bad one.  Plus, there's frozen custard for dessert.   The Italian Assorted at DiBellas is limited to a monthly treat.  They pile the meat high and it's still a relatively cheap sandwich, and 10 x better than Subway.

My go-to quick/cheap sandwich though is the Big Boy.  It's the tarter sauce.  You could spread that stuff on asphalt and it would taste good.  And, Big Boy serves tater tots now, so bonus.

Still love the Big Boy too. Extra tarter sauce please.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 07:12 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I've had this conversation often.  Arby's stop on a long car ride is an absolute must.  Best road trip food out there.

Damn I miss me some Izzy's

We have a place called Snarf's out here that puts all fast food sub shops to shame, no matter what your flavor of choice is.  Believe they've made their way to St Louis and Chicago as well.

Speaking of Skyline, bean burrito is highly underrated.

It sure is.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 07:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I like Gyros too.  We have a little shop here, called St. George Subs.  It's owned and ran by a Greek man and his son.  I am partial to the Gyro, but my wife love's the Philly Cheesesteak Sub.

Our Kroger Market Place has added a Mediterranean Grille to the deli.....we ate there for lunch the other day, and the wife got one of their gyros....I must say, it was really good.  We have a couple of places here in town that have great gyros....one is a greek shop called Babylon Cafe, the other is a Mediterranean called Jerusalem Restaurant that has everything you can imagine from the region.  Both are owned by natives from that area, and both are excellent.

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 03:20 AM)Storer50 Wrote: Big boy was good back in the day when there was little competition. Now they compete for worst service award with IHOP and steak and shake.  I don't wait an hour for a cheeseburger.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

That's odd, our Big Boy is super fast.  I can order a Buddy Boy (also has the killer tarter sauce), and by the time I get finished making my salad, it's usually on the table.  Our Steak n Shake isn't too bad either.....but the IHOP is bad here as well.

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 11:04 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Think Firehouse is real good. 

Unlike the majority of my friends am not a big fan of Jersey Mikes or Jimmy Johns.  

Just do not like cold subs and prefer the pizza house style, 

Which pizza house subs are my very favorite sandwiches but do not consider them fast food.

Wick's is my favorite subs and pizza. 

I had jimmy johns once, wasn’t real impressed.

Wicks? As in Wicks pies?

(03-01-2018, 11:43 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: That's odd, our Big Boy is super fast.  I can order a Buddy Boy (also has the killer tarter sauce), and by the time I get finished making my salad, it's usually on the table.  Our Steak n Shake isn't too bad either.....but the IHOP is bad here as well.

I made a mistake by going to a steak & shake prior to the Brickyard 400 several years ago. Made me late for the race. I’ve never been to an IHOP but have had many drunk visitations to Waffle House on way home from Bengals games.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 08:09 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I had jimmy johns once, wasn’t real impressed.

Wicks? As in Wicks pies?

I made a mistake by going to a steak & shake prior to the Brickyard 400 several years ago. Made me late for the race. I’ve never been to an IHOP but have had many drunk visitations to Waffle House on way home from Bengals games.

Wick's pizza pies

Probably only in Louisville

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 08:38 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Wick's pizza pies

Probably only in Louisville

We have a Wick's pie factory a few miles away and also a Wicks restaurant right beside it but it only sells country cooking type stuff and never knew of a pizza so had to ask. 

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 11:43 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's odd, our Big Boy is super fast.  I can order a Buddy Boy (also has the killer tarter sauce), and by the time I get finished making my salad, it's usually on the table.  Our Steak n Shake isn't too bad either.....but the IHOP is bad here as well.

Our Big Boy and most Big Boys I have gone to are slow as molassas. You are super lucky! 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Charlie's cheese steaks are decent.

Jersey Mike's are better though.

For drive thru subs "The Wreck" from Potbelly is damn good.

IHOP's service is horrible.

I've had up and down experiences with Frisch's.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 11:12 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Charlie's cheese steaks are decent.

Jersey Mike's are better though.

For drive thru subs "The Wreck" from Potbelly is damn good.

IHOP's service is horrible.

I've had up and down experiences with Frisch's.

Frisch's and steak and shake are 2 I like to eat but will never go thru the drive thru for.

Have you tried Debella's Subs... Not sure how big of a chain it is but they are pretty good.
Reply/Quote
For me, a Krogers frozen cheeseburger makes a good snack. I nuke it for 75 seconds, then add my own slice of cheese since they are skimpy on the cheese.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
Smashburger, cooked very well done with American cheese and raw onion only. Skinny fries dipped in a vanilla shake made from Hagen-daas if I'm feeling feisty. Diet Coke if I'm not. So much fast food has enormous portions, but not Smashburger. I'm glad they came to town.
Reply/Quote
Back when I did burgers Steak and Shake was hard to beat and I still "cheat" and get their fries every now and then
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Penn Station chicken teriyaki for me. I'll also second whoever put a word in for Back Yard Burgers blackjack. It's good with chicken or burger. Underrated place, IMO.

I'll also destroy some Skyline of the mood catches me. Really had a run with the andouille sausage cheese coneys they rolled out back around October.
Reply/Quote
Those who are eating Dibella's, I like it too, but next time check out the Nutritoin facts. There is literally no sub on that menu (even at small size) that is less than 100% daily value on your sodium intake!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 08:21 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don’t think I’ve ever been to Culver’s. Sounds like a must stop now. As far as burgers go, always been a fan of BK because of the flame broiling. Rally’s seems to sport some pretty nice concoctions on their commercials but the few times I’ve stopped have left disappointed.

Rally's has the best french fries, bar none. Makes you confused on how good (or not) their burger tastes.

I also like Burger King's whopper jr. with cheese, and their french fries are better than most.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 03:11 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Black Jack burger from……. Back Yard Burger

Original chicken sandwich with honey roasted barbecue sauce…….Chick-Fil-A

The Brisket sandwich from……. Arby's

Plus loving the new fast food pizza craze too. Pieology, Blaze, and Mod pizza where it is $7 or $8  a pizza and it is designed like subway and you get to design it how you like with as many toppings as you want for same price with about 30 to choose from. Takes 3 minutes to cook in open fire style oven.

Do like me some Culver's as well but never had the grilled cheese. Actually rarely order grilled cheese in restaurants and usually make them at home. With the exception being if I get a bowl a chili at a bar, will add a grilled cheese then.

Discovered Blaze while in New Orleans a couple of years ago and loved it.

There are now two here in Richmond, and I can't wait for the chance to get there and grab a pie!
Reply/Quote