Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My no Cade stover mock
Unfortunately I don’t see us taking a te high so no stover… I picked Johnny Wilson over stover. Went rt in first round(even though I wish we would go DT) got our 3 tech of future in carter. Latham only tackle I’m interested I , grabbed him and upgraded both OG spots immediately and for the future in mohogany and zinter. Got a potential center replacement with some development and a couple special framers

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't draft a TE at all. They have three veterans signed for '24.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 11:04 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Unfortunately I don’t see us taking a te high so no stover…  I picked Johnny Wilson over stover. Went rt in first round(even though I wish we would go DT) got our 3 tech of future in carter. Latham only tackle I’m interested I , grabbed him and upgraded both OG spots immediately and for the future in mohogany and zinter. Got a potential center replacement with some development and a couple special framers

Unfortunately, unless something changes in FA still, RT and NT still are massive needs and have to be be taken probably with the first two picks.
I wouldn't personally call a 3rd round comp pick for a TE to be "high", but I get your point on that comment.
Not sure I would necessarily get TWO new guards, but I can understand that too. You ideally are hoping one can take over for Cappa when he leaves and the other supplants Volson (who also only has 2 years left under contract) within a couple years if not immediately.

Overall, very solid.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 11:04 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Unfortunately I don’t see us taking a te high so no stover… I picked Johnny Wilson over stover. Went rt in first round(even though I wish we would go DT) got our 3 tech of future in carter. Latham only tackle I’m interested I , grabbed him and upgraded both OG spots immediately and for the future in mohogany and zinter. Got a potential center replacement with some development and a couple special framers

Love Latham

Zinter is good value there.

Rest is meh.

And yea I don’t see em going stover or tight end at all anymore.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 12:58 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Love Latham

Rest is meh.  

I think they could just because 1) they typically keep 4 TEs on the roster, and 2) they did say they want long-term stability there and two of the guys (Gesicki and Hudson) are only on 1-year deals. Sample isn't good enough to be primary TE, so they need someone with pass-catching chops who can blossom into TE1 role in the next couple years.
They might like someone in this draft class enough to pull the trigger still even with Hudson, Sample, and Gesicki on board this season.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 12:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Unfortunately, unless something changes in FA still, RT and NT still are massive needs and have to be be taken probably with the first two picks.
I wouldn't personally call a 3rd round comp pick for a TE to be "high", but I get your point on that comment.
Not sure I would necessarily get TWO new guards, but I can understand that too. You ideally are hoping one can take over for Cappa when he leaves and the other supplants Volson (who also only has 2 years left under contract) within a couple years if not immediately.

Overall, very solid.
Yeah I’m replacing kappa with zinter…. Also zinter big enough he could play tackle in a pinch?(my dream would be getting Graham Barton) maybe we get a te day 3? Mahogany talent wise should supplant volson immediately. He’s right there with beebe for best guard in class imo. Just feels so underrated. Same with Barton. After top 4(all, fashanu, Latham, fuaga) I’d rather have Barton and his 5 position versatility.
(03-18-2024, 01:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think they could just because 1) they typically keep 4 TEs on the roster, and 2) they did say they want long-term stability there and two of the guys (Gesicki and Hudson) are only on 1-year deals. Sample isn't good enough to be primary TE, so they need someone with pass-catching chops who can blossom into TE1 role in the next couple years.
They might like someone in this draft class enough to pull the trigger still even with Hudson, Sample, and Gesicki on board this season.

They met with Erick all. Maybe him late?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 12:58 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Love Latham

Rest is meh.

Why meh?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 04:44 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah I’m replacing kappa with zinter…. Also zinter big enough he could play tackle in a pinch?(my dream would be getting Graham Barton)  maybe we get a te day 3? Mahogany talent wise should supplant volson immediately. He’s right there with beebe for best guard in class imo. Just feels so underrated. Same with Barton. After top 4(all, fashanu, Latham, fuaga) I’d rather have Barton and his 5 position versatility.

They met with Erick all. Maybe him late?

I do love me some Christian Mahogany or Cooper Beebe on Day 2.
I'm not expecting IOL early this draft though due to all the other impending needs.
RT and NT are obvious, plus you have to expect the Bengals won't actually work out any long term deal with Higgins and could draft his future replacement this draft.
And potentially another CB before IOL too based on their comfortability with Turner or Hill taking Awuzie's spot. Personally, I'm willing to gamble on one of those guys given how stacked the rest of the secondary is now.
Pretty much anyone's guess for what position and where after RT and NT are handled.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 06:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I do love me some Christian Mahogany or Cooper Beebe on Day 2.
I'm not expecting IOL early this draft though due to all the other impending needs.
RT and NT are obvious, plus you have to expect the Bengals won't actually work out any long term deal with Higgins and could draft his future replacement this draft.
And potentially another CB before IOL too based on their comfortability with Turner or Hill taking Awuzie's spot. Personally, I'm willing to gamble on one of those guys given how stacked the rest of the secondary is now.
Pretty much anyone's guess for what position and where after RT and NT are handled.

I wonder if bengals are changing their defensive philosophy I.e. no NT. Johnny Wilson feels like a undervalued tee Higgins replacement maybe? No idea why he’s going so late. Cb I’m VERY interested in cam hart from ND. Long range corner who did will against MHJ(but not as good as the numbers suggest) in the mid rounds. But yes curious what they wanna do.
Reply/Quote