Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My official stance of the 2019 season
I've decided to merely laugh at them and refuse to take this team seriously.. Since the team itself won't take the season seriously I see no reason for any of us fans to do it. 
Mike Brown has long been the laughing stock of the league so why should the actual team be any different? When all else fails there's always laughter to ease the anguish. 
Until Brown is dead and buried (preferrably far, far away from the city and the team) I find no reason to think anything otherwise than to just laugh at them.   Hilarious

I know..I'm not a real fan anymore and since I don't have season tickets and own no Bengals "gear" I probably don't qualify anyway, but that's my stance.. Laugh em out.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
After 28 years...we're basically Enron stock owners who get up every morning and check the stock price expecting it to go up. Then, it goes down...and we hype ourselves up into thinking tomorrow will be different.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 04:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: After 28 years...we're basically Enron stock owners who get up every morning and check the stock price expecting it to go up. Then, it goes down...and we hype ourselves up into thinking tomorrow will be different.

I don't know that I actually hyped myself this time around. I was never quite sold on the ZT hype from the beginning. Zero experience as a HC with an even less experienced staff under him...What was there to be hyped about to begin with?  Just moving on from Marvin meant little to nothing unless there was a winning strategy in place which just wasn't the case. 
Things are most definitely different, but different doesn't help if by different you mean worse than the last regime..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Can you imagine the utter contempt teams and organizations like the Steelers have for the Bengals.

We have lost 12 of the last 13 games to our biggest rival.  Think about this stunning record of failure by an alleged professional organization.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 04:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: I don't know that I actually hyped myself this time around. I was never quite sold on the ZT hype from the beginning. Zero experience as a HC with an even less experienced staff under him...What was there to be hyped about to begin with?  Just moving on from Marvin meant little to nothing unless there was a winning strategy in place which just wasn't the case. 
Things are most definitely different, but different doesn't help if by different you mean worse than the last regime..

You nailed it. The hype was basically based around the team actually moving on from Marvin for ANYONE. The fanbase would have been happy with any coach they hired except Hue Jackson.

Which is a problem in itself.

1 ) They waited way too long to get rid of Marvin. He needed to go when the roster was still good. Not 0-7 in the playoffs...then 3 more seasons.
2 ) What team would legit want Hue Jackson as HC. That was a real possibility. The Bengals literally had the nuclear option and it seemed like they might go that route.

So fans were happy with ANYONE but Hue or Marvin.

But, there is obviously a difference in quality of coaches and ZT is pretty bad.
Reply/Quote