Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Still no new injuries
(01-23-2022, 12:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Delete this thread immediately

x2!!!! Lol
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a sign that this is our year.

Some people act like injuries don't make that much difference.  How often do you hear the line "Every team has injuries."?  But lots of studies show that staying healthy is usually key to winning a championship.

I can't believe how healthy we are.  I think it is probably just the odds evening out after the last couple of years.  But whatever the reason the fact that we are avoiding injuries is keeping chances real.

I don't agree with this. We are missing a very important Defensive Tackle in Larry Ogunjobi and a key offensive lineman in Reiff. Without Ogunjobi, we got very little pressure on Tannehill, who had been the 2nd most sacked QB in the league. Without Reiff, you could see what a chaos we had on the right side of the offensive line

On December 7, ESPN published a list of the least injured/most healthy teams. Bengals were 6th on that list (after Kansas City, New England, Houston, LA Chargers, and Buffalo). And this was  before those two injuries mentioned above. And, of course, Ossai isn't even listed.

I think you are sticking to a script of being among the least injured beyond the sell-by date. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:09 PM)grampahol Wrote: Shelvin has been on the PS nearly all season long and it's his rookie season . To expect probowl play against the Titan running game is absurd. He held his own considering everything.  He's been behind Reader, Ogunjobi, Tup and someone else I don't remember.  
Jeeez.. What do you want from him?  HOF consideration from jump?  

Shelvin has been on the 53 man roster all season.  He has not been activated on gameday a whole lot.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a sign that this is our year.

Some people act like injuries don't make that much difference.  How often do you hear the line "Every team has injuries."?  But lots of studies show that staying healthy is usually key to winning a championship.

I can't believe how healthy we are.  I think it is probably just the odds evening out after the last couple of years.  But whatever the reason the fact that we are avoiding injuries is keeping chances real.

First I agree and think the major injuries are less this year. But, I feel that with Burrow, players are more apt to play banged up and not sit in the trainers room. In the past I felt like we had more players opt to sit out longer than other teams (e.g. AJ Green). Players see we have a shot and pushing to come back ASAP and contribute.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote