Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My one and only mock this year
We're setup pretty well to go BPA, so the FO did their job. I think part of winning now is taking the extra 3rd from a team like Seattle to slide back to the top quarter of the 2nd and still get one of the top 4 TE or similarly rated corners or suprise drop (if nobody drops significantly to 28).

2(37) from SEA TE Darnell Washington. He's a gamble but so intriguing as a dominant blocker and solid red zone threat. He's a bit slow to hit the quick route, but LBs will give a step to not be steamrolled. Just adds another dimension to the run game and it's like having a tackle eligible that can actually do something after the catch.

2. Julius Brents CB Kansas St. Has the length to fight for 50/50 balls and supports the run. Some may see him as a better fit at safety, which is fine with the current depth. At worst, he could be a weapon vs TEs while he adjusts to the speed of the game outside.

3. from SEA RB Zach Charbonnet UCLA. I'd consider waiting a round for a similar value but I think they have RB as a priority with Mixon gone within a year and passing on quality FAs for leaa than 4M. Zach is a 3 down guy that will quickly take reps and establish himself as a glue guy even if he doesn't have many big plays.

3. DT Jaquelin Roy DT LSU. They prioritize replacing quality FA a year early, and even if Reader extends, Roy has the burst to be more of a UT if needed. He may be at the back of the rotation early but with a little added muscle and development he could start in a year.

4. T Tyler Steen T Alabama. I considered T earlier but reality will settle in that they won't find value for Jonah and it will be a dogfight for RT or even LG depending on hos things play out. Steen can develop as a future swing tackle or RT in a year.

5. TE Josh Whyle Cincinnati. The value at TE will drop someone, maybe we get the home town H-Back type. They are building a 2TE future if they don't have a replacement for Boyd in a year and getting depth to turn a weakness into a strength.

6. S Kaevon Merriweather Iowa ST and TE defender type with lower upside but needed depth.

7. RB Chris Rodriguez Jr. Kentucky They double down with another local kid that can give them a few yards when needed and pickup his blocks. Could help on ST or develop on PS.
Reply/Quote