Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My only issue from Oakland
Because of the score, the time outs were not an issue. In fact, the first half time outs helped to get the big lead. ...There was no point in saving time outs for the end of the 1st half or the end of the 2nd half in this one.....Time outs were a non factor.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 08:50 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Bengals looked REALLY sharp today.  Offense looked unstoppable.  Defense made GREAT tackles.  I'd like to see more pressure from the line though.

My only issue is, once again, clock management.  We wasted all of our timeouts it seems like.  We only had 1 before the half.  I mean, I think it's great if they NEED to make an adjustment.  But it seemed like they were confused sometimes.  Good thing we didn't need those timeouts but we would have in a closer game

WHO DEY Rock On

Team look very good! I thought timeouts were used well. Great all around game. No real weak spots stick out! Who-dey
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 08:50 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Bengals looked REALLY sharp today.  Offense looked unstoppable.  Defense made GREAT tackles.  I'd like to see more pressure from the line though.

My only issue is, once again, clock management.  We wasted all of our timeouts it seems like.  We only had 1 before the half.  I mean, I think it's great if they NEED to make an adjustment.  But it seemed like they were confused sometimes.  Good thing we didn't need those timeouts but we would have in a closer game

WHO DEY Rock On

Agreed. That has always been a problem for Marvin Lewis football teams. It is really irritating to take a timeout right after the other team takes one.
Reply/Quote
Don't get why AJ McCarron wasn't put in at the roughly 8 minute mark. It was the perfect time to get him some live action.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote

WHO DEY Rock On

My issue was Pac Mans dirty play, totally uncalled for, he should be suspended.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:30 PM)Beaker Wrote: Cooper probably deserved it.

No.... now common, there's a difference between playing physical and playing like a jackass. Not sure he will miss playing time( hell take Roger to Court) but i think he will have one heck of a fine. I see the same boneheaded decisions from Dre too. The other thing was playing Andy after taking key OL men out. But what the heck we won and are in 1st in the AFCN Baby.
Reply/Quote
The only time a TO is wasted is when you end the game and have some left.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:28 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: How about Marvin calling a QB sneak on our side of the field with a 26 point lead and when AJ McCarron should have probably been in the game instead of Andy. I have an issue with that call.
Marvin doesn't call the plays.
(09-13-2015, 09:34 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Hate to agree with Beaker but maybe he did... From what I saw the first time through cooper was grabbing and pulling at jones and it looked to me like cooper brought jones down on top of him... Adam then gave him a minor a$$-whooping.  At first glance, yeah he overreactrd but... If someone drags me down like that I'm going to strike back as best as I can. Most here would I'm sure...

And I'm not even sure that he meant to bash it on the helmet because he obviously knew it flew off, but did he know that pushing his head down would smash it into the helmet?  Did he know it was right behind him?

Split-second move and I wonder if he even thought "I'm going to push his head against the helmet," or did he just think "I'm going to push his head into the ground," or it seemed like a knee-jerk reaction where he didn't even realize the helmet was there.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:28 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: How about Marvin calling a QB sneak on our side of the field with a 26 point lead and when AJ McCarron should have probably been in the game instead of Andy. I have an issue with that call.

I'd bet my money that Andy called that play. He loves to audible that play in that situation.
Reply/Quote
We stunk on 3rd down too, let's not forget that one.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:12 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I expect at least four games.

No. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:48 PM)TKUHL Wrote: No.... now common, there's a difference between playing physical and playing like a jackass. Not sure he will miss playing time( hell take Roger to Court) but i think he will have one heck of a fine. I see the same boneheaded decisions from Dre too. The other thing was playing Andy after taking key OL men out. But what the heck we won and are in 1st in the AFCN Baby.

Not defending Adam at all, but I love how everyone is completely neglecting the punch Cooper threw as they were running down the field and out of the play.

That doesn't happen, Adam does nothing.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not defending Adam at all, but I love how everyone is completely neglecting the punch Cooper threw as they were running down the field and out of the play.

That doesn't happen, Adam does nothing.
Exactly.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The only time a TO is wasted is when you end the game and have some left.

#Marvinspeak
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:12 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I expect at least four games.

No disrespect intended but I think you expect wrong. Maybe one game and possibly nothing but a hefty fine.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:44 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Don't get why AJ McCarron wasn't put in at the roughly 8 minute mark.  It was the perfect time to get him some live action.

Agree.
Reply/Quote
I pretty much loved seeing the fire and passion ! That's pretty much been one of the main ingredients missing from this team.

Having said that, you gotta keep it between the whistles.
Reply/Quote
Why would anyone here wish a suspension for one of our better players? You don't like winning? Nasty defense? Emotion?
I hated to see the penalties, but I loved the "don't f*ck with us" attitude.
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:36 PM)BengalB Wrote: Did he die tho?

Jk. I agree. Idk why Marvin allows Hue to call bone headed plays.

I would've liked to AJ get a little time in at QB too.

HC should have made sure the starters weren't in there in the first place.
Reply/Quote
Why dont ppl get this bent out of shape over a punch? That head slam was really weak, id take twenty of those before a clean uppercut to my jaw.
Reply/Quote