Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My quick interview with Akeem Davis-Gaither
I really didn't know where to post this, but I run a sports media website and got the opportunity to talk to Bengals rookie LB Akeem Davis-Gaither so I thought I'd share with you guys!

Hope you guys enjoy this brief interview!

https://sidelinecue.com/quick-interview-with-bengals-rookie-lb-akeem-davis-gaither/
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Lets hope he gets a sack or two on Roethlisberger.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 02:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Lets hope he gets a sack or two on Roethlisberger.

That would be amazing considering how hard it is to get Big Ben down Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 02:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Lets hope he gets a sack or two on Roethlisberger.

I hear he has injuries at both his knees.  With Ben the only sure way to get him down is hitting him low, preferably from his blind side just above the knees.  All at the razor's edge of the rules.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 02:41 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I really didn't know where to post this, but I run a sports media website and got the opportunity to talk to Bengals rookie LB Akeem Davis-Gaither so I thought I'd share with you guys!

Hope you guys enjoy this brief interview!

https://sidelinecue.com/quick-interview-with-bengals-rookie-lb-akeem-davis-gaither/

Cool Milksheikh. I really think ADG could be a great one once he gets the NFL game down. He is a raw LB from a small school
with crazy upside with his athleticism. Need to send him on the blitz more and like Harley said get him a sack or two this week
on the Pig. ADG has all the talent in the world to be a top OLB/pass rusher.

BTW, he needs to learn more from Logan, who is a damn smart rookie LB.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 04:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool Milksheikh. I really think ADG could be a great one once he gets the NFL game down. He is a raw LB from a small school
with crazy upside with his athleticism. Need to send him on the blitz more and like Harley said get him a sack or two this week
on the Pig. ADG has all the talent in the world to be a top OLB/pass rusher.

BTW, he needs to learn more from Logan, who is a damn smart rookie LB.

Yeah, I think he'll eventually get better on the mental side of the game but his raw athleticism is insane. I agree Logan Wilson has been quite impressive.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 05:02 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Yeah, I think he'll eventually get better on the mental side of the game but his raw athleticism is insane. I agree Logan Wilson has been quite impressive.

I wanted both these guys before we Drafted them, pretty sweet we got them both.

Logan has honestly been even more impressive than I thought for a rookie and more of a playmaker as well.

ADG just needs to let the game slow down in his head and use his instincts once he starts to see the game slow down.

Eventually he could be a gamechanger for us.
Reply/Quote
Bottom line is Future is bright for the Bengals finally at the LB position. It's not the weakness of the team any longer. They drafted well over the last 2 years there, and brought in a Vet FA to help teach.
1 down and now the OG situation to go, and they'll be off and running for the future! Lol
Reply/Quote
Pretty much he Hope's to get better lol.. Obviously...
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 02:59 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Bottom line is Future is bright for the Bengals finally at the LB position. It's not the weakness of the team any longer. They drafted well over the last 2 years there, and brought in a Vet FA to help teach.
1 down and now the OG situation to go, and they'll be off and running for the future! Lol

Not so fast on Guard. We just upgraded with Spain who looks like a beast and Xavier will be back. We need to target 1 tackle in Fa or Draft and get more D line ImHO...
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 02:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wanted both these guys before we Drafted them, pretty sweet we got them both.

Logan has honestly been even more impressive than I thought for a rookie and more of a playmaker as well.

ADG just needs to let the game slow down in his head and use his instincts once he starts to see the game slow down.

I think Logan Is the next Brian Urlacher / Nick Kuelcky(spelling?)... He is such a play maker and so smart already!

EDIT. I mean Luke K... I been smoking and not trying to spell that again lol..
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 03:04 PM)Tony Wrote: I think Logan Is the next Brian Urlacher / Nick Kuelcky(spelling?)... He is such a play maker and so smart already!

That's an awful high bar for him. If he can become either of those two, I would be ecstatic. But both of those guys were top 10 draft picks coming out of college, so the chances are not that great. he reminds me more like a Nick Kwiatkoski from the Raiders tho. I hope he's as good as the two you mentioned tho.  ThumbsUp
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Even if 3rd and 4th round picks don't show anything as rookies you still can't write them off.

It is actually rare for players in those rounds to shine as rookies. We all hear about the handful who do, but we forget about the dozens that don't.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 03:04 PM)Tony Wrote: I think Logan Is the next Brian Urlacher / Nick Kuelcky(spelling?)... He is such a play maker and so smart already!

I have been afraid to mention Kuechly's name when mentioning Logan, but yeah, he reminds me of him.

Maybe not as good in coverage cause Kuechly was one of the best cover Backers ever IMO.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 03:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have been afraid to mention Kuechly's name when mentioning Logan, but yeah, he reminds me of him.

Maybe not as good in coverage cause Kuechly was one of the best cover Backers ever IMO.

O of course Bro... I just see some similarities. No way am I saying He will deff. be that good but he has a ton of upside...
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 03:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if 3rd and 4th round picks don't show anything as rookies you still can't write them off.

It is actually rare for players in those rounds to shine as rookies.  We all hear about the handful who do, but we forget about the dozens that don't.

Agree 100^ love these rounds of the draft....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 03:58 PM)Tony Wrote: O of course Bro... I just see some similarities. No wat am I saying He will deff. be that good but he has a ton of upside...

He does, he should only get better and he already has great instincts as a rookie. Who knows how good he could get.

Coming from a small school like U-Dub I expected him to struggle for a bit but he hasn't, like at all. Crazy.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 02:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wanted both these guys before we Drafted them, pretty sweet we got them both.

Hoping ADG doesn't end up like Malik Jefferson....similar description of both. What I can say is ADG has flashed here and there this yr which is encouraging. I say we turn him loose on the blitz more. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 05:55 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Hoping ADG doesn't end up like Malik Jefferson....similar description of both. What I can say is ADG has flashed here and there this yr which is encouraging. I say we turn him loose on the blitz more. 

I doubt ADG turns out like Malik who never even seemed to sniff a start, cause like you said, he has already flashed here and 
there something Malik never did. Golden actually might be a decent LB coach, something we haven't had in forever. Well not 
since Paulie G.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 03:03 PM)milksheikh Wrote: That would be amazing considering how hard it is to get Big Ben down Big Grin
It wouldn't be if people would use common sense and technique. Real simple:

Hit him between his waist and knees and WRAP. He'll go down.

Try and grab above the waist and allow his legs to move, either you're going for a ride or he's extending a play...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote