Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The running game going into the next round.
(01-16-2022, 08:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm going to get killed for saying this, but Mixon looks like a shell of himself. He has had zero explosiveness lately.

He looks like a 5th year RB that had nearly 300 carries during the regular season.  Given that, the OL injuries, and the fact that we're in the playoffs, I think it's unrealistic to think the run game is going magically turn a corner.  We are what we are, at this point.  We're going to have to air it out to win games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 09:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: He looks like a 5th year RB that had nearly 300 carries during the regular season.  Given that, the OL injuries, and the fact that we're in the playoffs, I think it's unrealistic to think the run game is going magically turn a corner.  We are what we are, at this point.  We're going to have to air it out to win games.

What is nice is we can do that if we have decent pass protection and even when we don't Burrow can make magic happen.

I still like Evans and Perine, they are good backup RB's. We will see how Mixon responds after a poor showing for him.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 09:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: He looks like a 5th year RB that had nearly 300 carries during the regular season.  Given that, the OL injuries, and the fact that we're in the playoffs, I think it's unrealistic to think the run game is going magically turn a corner.  We are what we are, at this point.  We're going to have to air it out to win games.

Evans could be a key going forward in the playoffs. Fresh legs and he has been getting more carries as of late. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Not saying I'd do it as O-Line should be priority... but the end of the 1st round is a prime spot to grab a stud RB.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:29 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Not saying I'd do it as O-Line should be priority... but the end of the 1st round is a prime spot to grab a stud RB.

Still wanting Sauce Gardner in stripes myself. You can get stud RB's after the 1st round as we have seen many times.

Just take care of the OL in FA and free shit up.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:29 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Not saying I'd do it as O-Line should be priority... but the end of the 1st round is a prime spot to grab a stud RB.

Mixon is a stud. The whole right side of the line doesn’t get any push
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Mixon is a stud. The whole right side of the line doesn’t get any push

O-Line is definitely an issue... he's just never "wowed" me. I feel like he should be as good as Cook or Kamara and just isn't.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Mixon is a stud. The whole right side of the line doesn’t get any push

Need to put Carman at RG and put Fred Johnson back at RT.

I agree, Mixon is a stud RB.

(01-16-2022, 11:36 PM)QueenCity Wrote: O-Line is definitely an issue... he's just never "wowed" me. I feel like he should be as good as Cook or Kamara and just isn't.

Mixon is just as good as Dalvin, Kamara is a different type of RB. Have to disagree here, we just have a worse OL.

Upgrade the Line, use Mixon more sparingly, like 20 touches a game and he can tear Defenses up. Very good vision
with good hands and is a bruising bell cow when needed. The problem with Mixon in his career has been finishing 
and he started to do that this year with his 16 TD's. He just needs to also be more balanced when running. Mixon is 
still young also, we just shouldn't wear him into nothing like Taylor has been doing.

Probably my biggest complaint with Zac this season has been overusing Mixon.
Reply/Quote