Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My stupid cat
So I have a double recliner with a motorized thing underneath to raise and lower things. My dad bought it a few years back.. Anyway under it is a long acme screw that's part of how it works. In case you don't know an acme screw is different from other screws. The threads are made for maximum torque and aren't pointed like most screws. The threads are flat and spaced out more..
So anyway, I was watching TV the other night all comfy reclined back and decided to get up to go get something to eat and heard the cat meowing and screaming really loud under the recliner. I looked under it and her tail hair had gotten wrapped up in the acme screw with what amounts to axle grease to hold it there. I couldn't raise or lower it.. and there was no way I was going to reach in there with a really pissed off cat to free her.. So eventually she pulled away ripping her own hair out. I thought things were over. Well, last night I tried to lower the back again and it wouldn't move. There was so much cat hair wrapped around the screw it wasn't moving up or down. I had to lay on my back and reach under it with hemostats to pull out a HUGE clump of cat hair to get it to move again..
Stupid cat.. Her tail now looks quite different. It used to be kind of fluffy on the end..Now it's more or less pointed where all the hair got yanked out.. Mellow 
She hasn't been back in that room since..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
She...

- doesn't have a job
- doesn't pay rent
- sleeps in a sheltered and warm location anytime and anywhere she pleases
- is provided nourishment without having to lift a paw

I think you need to revisit your assessment.
But yeah, dumb move on her part. She should have read the warning label.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
My cat tends to piss all beside the litter box...instead of in the litter box itself. Thought just an accident first two times, but now think she is intentionally messing with me. Also, she likes to try and lay on my head at all hours of the day smh.

Just have to roll with the punches

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
Just got a bunch of hemostats laying around outside the clean room you set up in the dinning room huh?
Reply/Quote
I've had 5 cats at various times. You basically have loyalty from them, but as far as shaping their behavior, forget it. They decide for themselves. They aren't called independent for nothing. Mine sort of understands words. If he's starting to get into something, I say, I wouldn't do that if I were you. But by the next day, I can see that he returned anyway.
Reply/Quote
We have 3 indoor cats at my house. We actually have drama and jealousy problems with them. Lol
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 11:44 AM)grampahol Wrote: So I have a double recliner with a motorized thing underneath to raise and lower things. My dad bought it a few years back.. Anyway under it is a long acme screw that's part of how it works. In case you don't know an acme screw is different from other screws. The threads are made for maximum torque and aren't pointed like most screws. The threads are flat and spaced out more..
So anyway, I was watching TV the other night all comfy reclined back and decided to get up to go get something to eat and heard the cat meowing and screaming really loud under the recliner. I looked under it and her tail hair had gotten wrapped up in the acme screw with what amounts to axle grease to hold it there. I couldn't raise or lower it.. and there was no way I was going to reach in there with a really pissed off cat to free her.. So eventually she pulled away ripping her own hair out. I thought things were over. Well, last night I tried to lower the back again and it wouldn't move. There was so much cat hair wrapped around the screw it wasn't moving up or down. I had to lay on my back and reach under it with hemostats to pull out a HUGE clump of cat hair to get it to move again..
Stupid cat.. Her tail now looks quite different. It used to be kind of fluffy on the end..Now it's more or less pointed where all the hair got yanked out.. Mellow 
She hasn't been back in that room since..

Our cat passed several years ago at the age of 20, and he was almost literally the perfect pet.

The oldest girl moved out of state at the end of the summer, and when her house had showings she would bring he three cats to our house for the day.  One asshole peed on our brand new couch (still can't get the smell out 3 months later) and would climb back behind the fridge where he couldn't get out.  Our fridge is NOT easy to move, and it would take almost an hour to get him out of there.  All 3 cats would find there way up into the inside of the recliner.  There was a spot they would individually get in the you can't reach to get them out without reclining the chair, but reclining the chair with them there would severely injure them.  Thank goodness it wasn't powered like yours!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 12:51 PM)The American Dream Wrote: My cat tends to piss all beside the litter box...instead of in the litter box itself. Thought just an accident first two times, but now think she is intentionally messing with me. Also, she likes to try and lay on my head at all hours of the day smh.

Just have to roll with the punches

If the cat is older, I think they loose some flexibility and have a harder time shooting down.  Get a covered box, and then you at least know it will run down the plastic sides into the litter.  Your walls, etc. will thank you.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 11:22 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: If the cat is older, I think they loose some flexibility and have a harder time shooting down.  Get a covered box, and then you at least know it will run down the plastic sides into the litter.  Your walls, etc. will thank you.

But they also know how to **** with you.

I remember one time we cam home from a trip where the cat had been left at home alone for a few days.  First thing he did when we came in was piss all over our bed.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But they also know how to **** with you.

I remember one time we cam home from a trip where the cat had been left at home alone for a few days.  First thing he did when we came in was piss all over our bed.

No doubt.  The youngest was unintentionally mean to the cat when she was young (kid being a kid), so the cat would piss all over her clothes on the ground if she left the bedroom door open.  It taught her she couldn't leave her clothes on the floor elsewhere, also, as he would get them anywhere he had access.  I guess he never forgave her for some of it, because even as an adult she couldn't come over and leave anything on the floor or he would piss on it.  Jackets or sweaters, for example.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 11:22 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: If the cat is older, I think they loose some flexibility and have a harder time shooting down.  Get a covered box, and then you at least know it will run down the plastic sides into the litter.  Your walls, etc. will thank you.

I'll try that pal. Appreciate it

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
I love cats, used to have them all the time (mostly outside as barn cats, but several indoor) After not having one for a while, I have now developed an allergy to them and can't be around them or my eyes start watering and itching and my sinuses clog up.
Reply/Quote
They need to also add lights on the side of the stove so they know when not to jump up lol
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 12:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: They need to also add lights on the side of the stove so they know when not to jump up lol

On the few occasions we had indoor cats, I always had the kitchen area blocked from them. The idea of a cat taking a squirt and a dump in the litter box, burying it, then jumping up on my kitchen counter or stove is beyond my tolerance level.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 12:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: They need to also add lights on the side of the stove so they know when not to jump up lol

I had an old war horse of a cat years ago who often slept on our ancient gas stove with it's always on starter flame (Damned I can't think of the right term...PILOT light..That's it!) Anyway, the only way to get him off the stove was to light one of the burners and singe hair somewhere on him. After we were done cooking he'd jump right back up there. He had all kinds of missing hair in different places, but he was also the neighborhood badass and covered in old scars. He once caught a live carp from Miami River in Dayton and dragged it home, dragged a full grown crow in the kitchen once flopping around half dead.. Tough ass old cat.. Nervous

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 04:47 PM)grampahol Wrote: I had an old war horse of a cat years ago who often slept on our ancient gas stove with it's always on starter flame (Damned I can't think of the right term...PILOT light..That's it!) Anyway, the only way to get him off the stove was to light one of the burners and singe hair somewhere on him. After we were done cooking he'd jump right back up there. He had all kinds of missing hair in different places, but he was also the neighborhood badass and covered in old scars. He once caught a live carp from Miami River in Dayton and dragged it home, dragged a full grown crow in the kitchen once flopping around half dead.. Tough ass old cat.. Nervous

the presents they leave are the best... especially when they are still alive lol
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 04:47 PM)grampahol Wrote: I had an old war horse of a cat years ago who often slept on our ancient gas stove with it's always on starter flame (Damned I can't think of the right term...PILOT light..That's it!) Anyway, the only way to get him off the stove was to light one of the burners and singe hair somewhere on him. After we were done cooking he'd jump right back up there. He had all kinds of missing hair in different places, but he was also the neighborhood badass and covered in old scars. He once caught a live carp from Miami River in Dayton and dragged it home, dragged a full grown crow in the kitchen once flopping around half dead.. Tough ass old cat.. Nervous

Can you blame him?  It smells like people food, and the pilot light keeps the center of the stove nice and toasty!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 09:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Can you blame him?  It smells like people food, and the pilot light keeps the center of the stove nice and toasty!

Of course not plus he considered the house his. When we first moved in I had locked it up tight the night before. The day we moved in I went upstairs and the cat was sleeping in the bathroom sink and just never left the place. He became a grandad cat more than once.. My kids dragged every cat in the neighborhood home whether I liked it or not..LOL

Reply/Quote