Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My take on Game 1
We won, so I'm happy. It was a tightly contested game as expected.

On a player basis there were some questions answered.

On the offense:

I liked LaFell (no question he can be the #2 WR we needed to replace Marvin Jones), AJ Green and Dalton's throwing.
I didn't like the OL blocking for either pass or run. Seven sacks? Only 57 total yards rushing? Not going to cut it at all.

On the defense:

I liked the low passing yards the defense gave up. I liked Shaw's INT. He was in position.
I didn't like the rushing defense. Forte looked like he did earlier in his career in Chicago with 155 total yards, 96 rushing. I didn't like the single sack, but there were some tipped passes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:19 PM)BengalChris Wrote: We won, so I'm happy. It was a tightly contested game as expected.

On a player basis there were some questions answered.

On the offense:

I liked LaFell (no question he can be the #2 WR we needed to replace Marvin Jones), AJ Green and Dalton's throwing.
I didn't like the OL blocking for either pass or run. Seven sacks? Only 57 total yards rushing? Not going to cut it at all.

On the defense:

I liked the low passing yards the defense gave up. I liked Shaw's INT. He was in position.
I didn't like the rushing defense. Forte looked like he did earlier in his career in Chicago with 155 total yards, 6 rushing. I didn't like the single sack, but there were some tipped passes.

I loved our passing game in spite of poor OL play.

I loved we won on the road against a 10 team win last year with no Burfict and no Eifert and no Dennard

I loved the play of our backup OL Hunt he was a force today, better than Dunlap, Johnson and Clarke. Maybe somw can get off the Hunt bashing

I loved we gutted out a win even though both LOS were lost today

Nice win Bengals, Great game Andy and AJ
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I loved our passing game in spite of poor OL play.

I loved we won on the road against a 10 team win last year with no Burfict and no Eifert and no Dennard

I loved the play of our backup OL Hunt he was a force today, better than Dunlap, Johnson and Clarke. Maybe somw can get off the Hunt bashing

I loved we gutted out a win even though both LOS were lost today

Nice win Bengals, Great game Andy and AJ

This definitely isn't being mentioned enough. Burfict is the emotional leader of that defence, dumb plays or not. Eifert is a HUGE part of our passing attack (which did really well today without him, should be even better with him). Dennard I wouldn't expect will bring loads to the table this season, but he is a guy with potential talent, we'll hope to see that at some point in the next couple of seasons for sure.
Reply/Quote