Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New OL Assistant
Wyoming center Keegan Cryder is entering the draft this year. Could be a name to watch in the later rounds as a project/depth piece.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhNC51f4eE0

He was also with Bernhard Raimann for one year at CMU (he was still a TE, but worth noting), FWIW. He's been frequently mocked to us at 31.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:37 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: Did they interview him during the game? That was fast

The reality it seems is Taylor fired his ol coach last year and now quickly after the super bowl makes an ol change to deflect pressure from him

Yes the line is terrible talent wise. They are not the worst in history to have the the worst performance of any team in super bowl history or this season

Taylor’s and Callahans offensive simple minded game plan of using a shot gun formation 90 percent of the time agains this pass rush with no extra back, stretch plays cut backs, pre snap movement. That deserves as much blame

Hire someone to help Taylor Callahan out in adjusting to changes the defense makes

That’s funny the two teams in the Super Bowl have very similar offense. Try again
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 08:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Someone on here is a Wyoming fan but I can’t remember who. Might be a fan from a different team.

Nate is our resident Wyoming fan.

As for this hire, who knows? His job hasn't been announced yet. I do wonder if the team is moving on from Ben Martin. I believe his job as Asst. OL coach is to work on pass protection calls. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know why but Burrow loves those empty sets that get him sacked all the time lol

The obvious is that empty sets provides 5 wr's for him to choose from. 

The non-obvious is that defenses cannot disguise their scheme as well pre-snap, thus the QB knows what he's facing... with a bunch of targets.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Frazier has the greatest eye for O-lineman that Pollack has ever seen and brought in to evaluate OL talent for Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
With a change in Denver Mike Munchak is available. Make up a title to get that guy in.

Obviously we have some talent issues on the oline but I also see far too many times where players come in clean because of improper assignment.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 12:13 AM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Wyoming center Keegan Cryder is entering the draft this year. Could be a name to watch in the later rounds as a project/depth piece.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhNC51f4eE0

He was also with Bernhard Raimann for one year at CMU (he was still a TE, but worth noting), FWIW. He's been frequently mocked to us at 31.

Thanks for this. Gonna watch this vid later on Cryder. I don't get to watch Wyoming games over here on the west side of 
the state. I had to watch youtube vids of Logan in order to analyze him before we drafted him. Wanted him before that 
Draft in the 4th round and I wanted ADG in the 3rd. Wild how it went to other way around while getting both players.

Logan being a stud is just awesome being from Wyoming and a die hard Bengals fan at the same time.

(02-16-2022, 02:13 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The obvious is that empty sets provides 5 wr's for him to choose from. 

The non-obvious is that defenses cannot disguise their scheme as well pre-snap, thus the QB knows what he's facing... with a bunch of targets.

Yeah I know, it also leaves him with no protection and Defenses in the NFL know it.

If I was going against Burrow I would always blitz one player randomly from either side if it is an empty set.

You will get him at least 1/4 of the time cause he has a tendency to hold onto the ball.

He needs to keep a blocker back there with him to help him out and just go with 4 Receivers more often.

Doesn't matter how good the OL is if there is one more man rushing the passer.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 02:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: With a change in Denver Mike Munchak is available. Make up a title to get that guy in.

Obviously we have some talent issues on the oline but I also see far too many times where players come in clean because of improper assignment.

Not against it after what I saw of Pollack's OL in the Playoffs and this last season where he started Adeniji over Carman.

Was a big Pollack fan too, might of been wrong about him.
Reply/Quote
**** Mike Munchak. Dirty hair pulling *****.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2022, 01:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: **** Mike Munchak. Dirty hair pulling *****.

I will kill munchak if I see him
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 11:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for this. Gonna watch this vid later on Cryder. I don't get to watch Wyoming games over here on the west side of 
the state. I had to watch youtube vids of Logan in order to analyze him before we drafted him. Wanted him before that 
Draft in the 4th round and I wanted ADG in the 3rd. Wild how it went to other way around while getting both players.

Logan being a stud is just awesome being from Wyoming and a die hard Bengals fan at the same time.

Yeah I know, it also leaves him with no protection and Defenses in the NFL know it.

If I was going against Burrow I would always blitz one player randomly from either side if it is an empty set.

You will get him at least 1/4 of the time cause he has a tendency to hold onto the ball.

He needs to keep a blocker back there with him to help him out and just go with 4 Receivers more often.

Doesn't matter how good the OL is if there is one more man rushing the passer.

True but Joe is pretty good vs the blitz, hopefully much better with a better oline.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:37 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: Did they interview him during the game? That was fast

The reality it seems is Taylor fired his ol coach last year and now quickly after the super bowl makes an ol change to deflect pressure from him

Yes the line is terrible talent wise. They are not the worst in history to have the the worst performance of any team in super bowl history or this season

Taylor’s and Callahans offensive simple minded game plan of using a shot gun formation 90 percent of the time agains this pass rush with no extra back, stretch plays cut backs, pre snap movement. That deserves as much blame

Hire someone to help Taylor Callahan out in adjusting to changes the defense makes

1. Taylor under zero zip nada none pressure. He doesn’t worry about making decisions to deflect pressure on him. He just doubled his salary and has 5 years. Mike Brown got that done quickly smartly. Taylor has created quite a reputation in a short period because the turnaround is one of the quickest and greatest in NFL history. McVay is not long for coaching. The LA owner loves him.
2. Bill Callahan is the OL coach at the Browns.
3. Frazier is well respected as a developer. The Bengals really like Bernhard Raimman the OT from Central Michigan. Frazier worked wonders converting him from a TE to an OT.
4. Joe Burrow as others have said wants to be in the shotgun and an empty backfield. The OL held up against the Chiefs twice. Riley Reiff out hurt. They’ll finally fix it this next year. Taylor had a 4 year plan to get the Bengals at the top.
5. Lots of Bengal fans need to realize Taylor’s blueprint is still a work in process.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 02:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Obviously we have some talent issues on the oline but I also see far too many times where players come in clean because of improper assignment.

This.

One of the reasons I was not as concerned about bringing in more O-line talent last year was that I felt better coaching would make a big improvement.  The O-line did improve some from '20, but not as much as I expected.  Still saw way too much pressure that was the result of mental mistakes. 
Reply/Quote
I can't remember if I heard it on a podcast or saw it on twitter, but this hire is an added position to allow more attention to backup linemen throughout the season to help with development. I guess Willie Anderson has been lobbying the organization to create it for that purpose, presumably for himself. They just hired someone that pollack worked with in the past instead.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:47 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Let’s just draft/sign a couple of O linemen who are so good that their coach won’t really have an impact on how well they play.  I know their are different schemes that teams run but do you think it matters who coaches Trent Williams or Quinton Nelson?

There are a few guys in this draft class that I think will be good no matter the coaching environment, but they'll likely be long gone before Bengals pick.
About the only one I see maybe falling is Linderbaum.
But he's also not going to be successful in every scheme, I don't think.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2022, 03:12 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I can't remember if I heard it on a podcast or saw it on twitter,  but this hire is an added position to allow more attention to backup linemen throughout the season to help with development. I guess Willie Anderson has been lobbying the organization to create it for that purpose, presumably for himself. They just hired someone that pollack worked with in the past instead.

Taylor loves running a lot of outside zone, which requires linemen to be agile and athletic, which is definitely Linderbaum's strength. Him falling? It's possible. He's not a fit for a team that runs a gap/power scheme, and he's seen as a C only without G flexibility. If he weighs in <300 lbs at the combine that'll hurt him even more. That said, the film speaks for itself, and Jason Kelce, the best C of this century (so far) has always weighed a hair under 300. I predict Linderbaum gets picked around 20-25 or so. He'd be so great for us but I still think he'd require a trade up.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2022, 02:00 AM)casear2727 Wrote: True but Joe is pretty good vs the blitz, hopefully much better with a better oline.

For sure Joe is damn good vs the blitz. It just opens up more possibilities of him getting hurt again with no one to help pick it up.

Joe is tough, but no one is that tough. Maybe he is, I don't know lol
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2022, 09:18 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Taylor loves running a lot of outside zone, which requires linemen to be agile and athletic, which is definitely Linderbaum's strength. Him falling? It's possible. He's not a fit for a team that runs a gap/power scheme, and he's seen as a C only without G flexibility. If he weighs in <300 lbs at the combine that'll hurt him even more. That said, the film speaks for itself, and Jason Kelce, the best C of this century (so far) has always weighed a hair under 300. I predict Linderbaum gets picked around 20-25 or so. He'd be so great for us but I still think he'd require a trade up.

Did you maybe mean to quote someone else? My post didn't reference any of that.
Reply/Quote
Looks like we are going to need to rely on the players being good..

His lines look a lot like ours with no one falling for the play action and the opposing Dline playing in the Offensive backfield...

QB getting knocked around.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2022, 10:49 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Did you maybe mean to quote someone else? My post didn't reference any of that.

Yes I did. New to posting here (but not to this forum). Meant to quote Ochocinco's post about Linderbaum possibly falling. Sorry about that.
Reply/Quote