Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts
None of this shit matters. Marvin is a god damn disgrace, has been for years and until some how, some way he's shown the door, nothing will change. We could have Tom Brady at QB and we'd still score 3 points in the 2nd half. That's ***** Marvin Ball. We've all seen it for years and it's not the players. Playing not to lose, especially after all these years when every other team has seen the tape, is a guaranteed way to lose.

that is all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:52 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Uhh no. You are just making shit up. You can't take random opinions, put them all together and generalize "everybody." That is just you creating your own bs story. There should not have even been a kicking contest in camp since WE SPENT A 5TH ROUND PICK DRAFTING THE GUY.

But please continue putting words in people's mouths making shit up if that makes you feel better

Thank you for making my point Elliott was. A fifth round pick we could of got something else but we just a good kicker with a strong leg. Then because he doesn't over excel in meaningless preseason games we dtake the damn journymen. Ridiculous, you're welcome eagle fans. He makes a 61 yard fg for a game winner and our useless kicker can't hit a 45 yard fg that would of all but guaranteed us a huge win. The more I think about that debacle and the team debacle as a whole the more pissed I get. I can't wait to talk with my colleagues MMQB with the chickster on 1530 should be entertaining.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:01 PM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: None of this shit matters. Marvin is a god damn disgrace, has been for years and until some how, some way he's shown the door, nothing will change. We could have Tom Brady at QB and we'd still score 3 points in the 2nd half. That's ***** Marvin Ball. We've all seen it for years and it's not the players. Playing not to lose, especially after all these years when every other team has seen the tape, is a guaranteed way to lose.

that is all.

The only person in the world who can be a multimillionaire gets raises every damn yr and keep his job for being awful. It's a damn shame
Reply/Quote
Mike brown needs to take his circus and head off in his damn lumina into the sunset
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:40 PM)MrRager Wrote: I just cannot figure out why we never get anything when Dalton rolls out. I know Rodgers and the Packers are great at those plays, but we have to be one of the worst in the NFL during scramble drills. Every team seems like once or twice a game when the QB evades pressure and rolls out of the pocket he hits a WR for a 10-15 yard gain. I don't know if its the coaching, the WRs, Dalton, or a combination, but every time Dalton rolls out there is nothing there and he just throws it out of bounds. Most veteran QBs/teams find something on those plays where the receivers are running around for 7 seconds, but the play might as well be dead when Dalton evades the inevitable pressure.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Rodgers gashed us for like 140 yards on broken plays. Dalton throws the ball 20 yards out of  bounds on every play.  

Mixon doesnt fall down on that hand off and we probably win this game. Its always something stupid that no one else but the Bengals can pull off.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:09 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: This is exactly what I was thinking. Rodgers gashed us for like 140 yards on broken plays. Dalton throws the ball 20 yards out of  bounds on every play.  

Mixon doesnt fall down on that hand off and we probably win this game. Its always something stupid that no one else but the Bengals can pull off.

Good point on Mixon falling down.

The common thread is the team finds a way to lose.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You're solving the wrong problem.  I'm not saying either Andy Dalton or AJ McCarron are the long term solution but without a proper offensive line no quarterback will succeed.

True, but the reality is that Cincy should only be in a position to take a top 5 QB every 10-15 years.  IF you're in the top 5 and can get a guy like Rosen or Darnold, you take him.

There is way too much risk going OT these days in the draft.  Most of the recent high picks have been busts.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:40 PM)MrRager Wrote: I just cannot figure out why we never get anything when Dalton rolls out. 

Because he doesn't have the first clue how to manipulate a pocket. He sprints out, straight for the sideline and if no one is open, he throws it away. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:09 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Its always something stupid that no one else but the Bengals can pull off.

And it's the one thing they do consistently..."well" isn't the right word. But they do it consistently. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Basically I sum up our season this way:

-Our coaching is mediocre.
-Our roster is mediocre.

That is all.

And yet our record is abysmal.  Astounding. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah that was a curious play. I think AJ Green catches it.

It's like Lafell didn't see it?

I heard that Dalton said the timing was off on that play, so he overthrew it to avoid a pick, in hopes Lafell could catch up to it....so there's that, I guess.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
In the grand scheme of things we're still one of the leagues loss leaders, a team designed to lose, but play just good enough to sell tickets. When another team with a huge market share and well established fan base that brings in huge amounts of revenue, but has to start second and third string guys all over the place and still beats us that's no accident. It's not better coaching, better players, more scouts and so on. It's by design. It's to assure that the big market teams will always have other teams they can always count on to play the role of the Washington Generals.
Cheer up! 
The Bengals are masters of playing the Generals role and still make billions doing it.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 10:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: In the grand scheme of things we're still one of the leagues loss leaders, a team designed to lose, but play just good enough to sell tickets. When another team with a huge market share and well established fan base that brings in huge amounts of revenue, but has to start second and third string guys all over the place and still beats us that's no accident. It's not better coaching, better players, more scouts and so on. It's by design. It's to assure that the big market teams will always have other teams they can always count on to play the role of the Washington Generals.
Cheer up! 
The Bengals are masters of playing the Generals role and still make billions doing it.  

You do realize that Green Bay is probably the smallest market in the NFL right?

Any yes...Green Bay has better coaching and players than the Bengals...starting with the QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:13 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: -2nd half we abandoned what worked and played scared

Flashback to the Chargers playoff game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 10:47 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You do realize that Green Bay is probably the smallest market in the NFL right?

Any yes...Green Bay has better coaching and players than the Bengals...starting with the QB.

The Green Bay Packers are also a publicly traded company, which might have an impact on why they are able to be so successful for such a small market.
Not sure it would make much of a difference, but maybe these smaller market teams should consider the same if there's any hope of success.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 10:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The Green Bay Packers are also a publicly traded company, which might have an impact on why they are able to be so successful for such a small market.
Not sure it would make much of a difference, but maybe these smaller market teams should consider the same if there's any hope of success.

With revenue sharing the money is there. Some 23 teams have been to the Super Bowl since we last won a playoff game.

Ohio just doesn't seem to be able to receive the parity.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 11:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With revenue sharing the money is there. Some 23 teams have been to the Super Bowl since we last won a playoff game.

Ohio just doesn't seem to be able to receive the parity.  Hilarious

I'm not talking about money. I'm talking about their organizational structure.
The Packers have a board of directors counting over 40 people. They elect a seven-member committee to run the operations.
The committee has direction over "corporate management, approves major capital expenditures, establishes broad policy and monitors management’s performance in conducting the business and affairs of the corporation." (source - http://www.packers.com/team/executive-committee.html)

The election of the committee and occasional circulation of board members can lead to new direction and holding people accountable for underperforming.
The Bengals have had a single majority owner who makes all the personnel decisions and seems to rarely hold employees accountable.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Andy is missing some calls at the line of scrimmage. Romo called him out correctly several times.

I understand that our o line is awful and this I splaying with Andy's head. But he is not a true franchise QB. He is poor under pressure and cannot hit the side of a barn when flushed.

If we lose to the Browns, McCarron needs to get a chance to paly 3 or 4 games to see what he can do.

First time for me to say this but if there is a true franchise QB available when we pick ( in the top 5) it needs to be strongly considered.

But we better also add some O lineman in free agency or the new QB will be bengalized and ruined in his first season.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:30 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Dre gets tourched on big plays while jones constantly gets called for pass interference

thats every single game.  its clear W3 is better option at this point.  but veterans wont get benched in Bengal land
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 11:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not talking about money. I'm talking about their organizational structure.
The Packers have a board of directors counting over 40 people. They elect a seven-member committee to run the operations.
The committee has direction over "corporate management, approves major capital expenditures, establishes broad policy and monitors management’s performance in conducting the business and affairs of the corporation." (source - http://www.packers.com/team/executive-committee.html)

The election of the committee and occasional circulation of board members can lead to new direction and holding people accountable for underperforming.
The Bengals have had a single majority owner who makes all the personnel decisions and seems to rarely hold employees accountable.

It's a mess...that's for sure. Normal market forces don't apply to the NFL with revenue sharing. In a normal business you put out a bad product and you go out of business.

Really what subsidized industry does good? It encourages complacency to some.
Reply/Quote