Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My venting thread
(01-11-2016, 03:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's true too.  However, we smashmouthed the Ravens with Fisher just one week ago.  No where to be found.  Three weeks or so prior to SD and the whole first half against them in the playoff game, BJGE smashmouthed them.....no where to be found in the second half.  

These players shouldn't be put in these situations to fail.  I realize what Hill needed to do, then again, the coaches gotta know his limitations in that scenario.

I agree with you.  One of the coaches has to tell him "no fumbles, cover the ball up".  All you need to do is drain the clock and kick the field goal, don't give them any time to go the entire length of the field and score a touchdown.  Just when you think this team cannot find any worse ways to lose in the playoffs, they do... makes you wonder what will happen next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:13 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Pittsburgh's strength is in their front 7. The goal was to get the front 7 split up and spread out. 

Yes....and under normal circumstances, you do just that.  However, all we needed was to inch closer to get a better shot for Nugent.  Smash mouth time.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes....and under normal circumstances, you do just that.  However, all we needed was to inch closer to get a better shot for Nugent.  Smash mouth time.

It's what had been working. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:21 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I agree with you.  One of the coaches has to tell him "no fumbles, cover the ball up".  All you need to do is drain the clock and kick the field goal, don't give them any time to go the entire length of the field and score a touchdown.  Just when you think this team cannot find any worse ways to lose in the playoffs, they do... makes you wonder what will happen next year.

Oh brother.....lol!

Say, you have just given me an idea for a thread next season.....we'll start us a pool.  We'll all pick a crazy scenario in which we'll lose a W.C. game, or a game to get us in the playoffs, and whoever gets it or the closest, wins the pot. LMAO

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:22 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's what had been working. 

.....and using Fisher had worked the entire game one week prior against a similar opponent.

Reply/Quote
There was a time near Carson's end where I'd ask my dad what's the worst possible thing that could happen here? And it would always be the next worst thing you couldn't dream of.

During the year, Dalton and the Bengals have totally lost that stigma. I don't know what would have happened in the playoffs or the outcome of this game with him at the helm.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and using Fisher had worked the entire game one week prior against a similar opponent.

But different.
It's just griping to gripe. 

If we abandon what had worked, people freak out.

Formation and personnel isn't going to make Hill hold it better. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh brother.....lol!

Say, you have just given me an idea for a thread next season.....we'll start us a pool.  We'll all pick a crazy scenario in which we'll lose a W.C. game, or a game to get us in the playoffs, and whoever gets it or the closest, wins the pot. LMAO

Unfortunately the scenario which seems the most crazy will end up being tame compared to what actually takes place...
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Fisher should have been in to lead block, and Burkhead given the ball.

Yep.  They would have had to kill Rex to get the ball out of his hands.  He would have had two hands on the ball.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: But different.
It's just griping to gripe. 

If we abandon what had worked, people freak out.

Formation and personnel isn't going to make Hill hold it better. 

Only I'm not really griping, just putting an opinion out there of how this could have been done differently, and might have even succeeded.  There is no "one way only" to do things.

Reply/Quote
Ugh...even on a Monday, I'm still a little pissed.  I think we were all feeling that huge monkey coming off our backs with that INT from Burfict.  Once it happened, I thought to myself we are so close to getting this damn playoff win.  But also, knew it wasn't in the bag until the game was over.  UGH.

I want to point out that after the hit on Bernard and no flag thrown what so ever, I was ready to turn the tv off.  But I didn't because I knew this isn't just the same team that rolls over.  They're fighters.  They've been scratching and clawing all season.  And they did just that again in the 4th quarter.  Maybe it was the hit on Bernard that finally woke them up.  It was disgusting to watch.  Because the 1st thing that came to mind is Rivers and Huber with their broken jaws from Steeler players.  That hit was very similar to the way they got hit, crown right at the jaw.

I was really disappointed in the offense.  There was no gimmick or gadget plays for most of the game.  Bernard running up the gut has been a head scratcher all season.  Was Hue already working on his HC job interviews while trying to come up with a game plan?  I really wish the NFL would start a coach offseason when the Superbowl is finished and not during the playoffs. 

Anyways, I wanted to vent about Burfict.  He's been labeled as a villain and everyone has their pitch forks ready.  The media is making us the bad guys while the Steelers are coming out looking like saints.  This guy just had the ultimate high and the ultimate low in 1:30 game time.  He was going to be our hero with that INT.  All we had to do was hold onto the ball.  But after the INT and the 1st play was fumbled, he's back to playing Defense instead of watching our Offense put the game away.  Hill should've known by now that everyone is going to knock that ball loose.  Why try to fight for an extra yard when you gain 5 on the run alone?  If the fumble never happened and we won, the media would shine the light on Burfict and realize that he is the next great MLB.  But instead we have the media trying to get him suspended forever on a hit that we see every week during the season.  Even though that hit cost the team big time, I'm still giving him a pass and hope he's able to play next season.  When he is on the field, we are better.  He just needs to play smarter.  I don't want to lose him because it will feel like losing Odell Thurman all over again.  We were set at MLB until he got suspended and never returned to form.  He was a BEAST.  Burfict is a BEAST but both seem to be missing a gear or two in the head.

When he sacked Ben, I was so ***** pumped up because of the Gio hit.  Straight out legal hit but the media is already turning this into another dirty blow.  Get real. 

Jones is another that would've became a hero too.  His punt return that set up our game winning drive.  Instead, he's a thug because Joey Porter was on the field talking shit to our players and Jones wasn't having any of it.  How the hell is he even on the field.  Tomlin isn't even on the field but he can be?  He's a LB Coach and his defense is on the sidelines.  I just don't get why he was on the field.  Unfortunately this season became wasted. 

I really had faith in this team that if they could get this stupid win, get the monkey off their back, Dalton was going to come in and light shit up.  Now it's back to reality and chase the dream next season.  Hoping the Front Office doesn't get stupid and blow up the team.
Reply/Quote
I don't want to start a new thread about this, but what has made this game so brutal last few year or so? I don't ever remembering a Bengals Steelers game as chippys as its been this year. I mean it's been to the point where viewer discretion is advised.

what has made it this way?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:52 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I don't want to start a new thread about this, but what has made this game so brutal last few year or so? I don't ever remembering a Bengals Steelers game as chippys as its been this year. I mean it's been to the point where viewer discretion is advised.

Steelers getting some karma (Bell being taken out two years in a row) and can't handle it. You let them and the media tell it and they've never injured any of our players in the past decade. We know they have, but we injure one of theirs and they can't handle it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:52 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I don't want to start a new thread about this, but what has made this game so brutal last few year or so? I don't ever remembering a Bengals Steelers game as chippys as its been this year. I mean it's been to the point where viewer discretion is advised.

The Steelers have made it that way.  They were scared of CP so they ended him.  They were scared of Eifert so they put him down.  They are scared of Burfict so they plan an entire game around making him lose it.  And they do this with league support.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Steelers getting some karma (Bell being taken out two years in a row) and can't handle it. You let them and the media tell it and they've never injured any of our players in the past decade. We know they have, but we injure one of theirs and they can't handle it.
That is it in a nutshell.

Reply/Quote