Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My weekly rant
People do not believe me or care what I say. I try to tell people in my group this ,and barely get anybody agreeing,the certain eternal optimist or Dalton lovers disagree of course. But the Bengals problem is with the top 3 deep seeded issues- owner ,coach , qb. We don't have a top qb to overcome Marvin Lewis short comings ,and we don't have the right coaching staff to over come Andy Daltons short comings.

We also do not have leadership ,we got a coach who looks lost and has been proved to not know what he's doing. It's been said today by lazor he doesn't control personnel. Finally the cats out the bag on that one ty lazor. We don't have leadership in Dalton,he smiles at the end of getting our ass whooped. He trys to stay calm looking as possible,but his actions speak otherwise. His throws are off a lot causing ints last week,and even in wins we have had he's had lucky breaks not getting picked . He's a average qb and that's being nice. He can't even be a game manager with his turnovers. Talent wise the dude is average no matter how much Dalton lovers say he's good and not his fault at all. He sounds and looks like a robot ,with no real passion of winning. Just like coach Lewis.

Don't be mistaken,I know the o line isn't good,it's not all on Dalton I understand. Mike Brown and Marvin make no moves or dumb moves in free agency. First move we make we bring back Brandon lafell to get all the time at #2. Nobody is scared of Brandon Lafell. We don't use Boyd at all they probably regret drafting the guy they just don't want to involve him much in the offense . Marvin Lewis could ATLEAST replace center Bodine, it would help some to be better up the middle and not one of the worst centers in the league . Anybody would probably be a upgrade, Max Tuerk is out there,or even tj Johnson. Somebody! Coaching staff and ownership are always complacent until we are already out just like last year. I'm surprised they put Malone in for a couple snaps. And he got 1 target double covered with a bad high throw.

So knowing we have a coaching and qb problem , it's just sad because I know these problems will resurface again down the line,you'd be a sucker if you thought they wouldn't. Sunday will tell me what the rest of the season will be, not if we win. But how we win. Are they going to use this as practice to get John Ross into the offense,is he going to have a good game or get injured? Will they get Malone more involved. Will they give mixon a lot more carries that he deserves. Right now he's the 2nd best offensive player we have in my eyes. You got to get green and mixon the ball. And you got to have other contributors. I doubt they will experiment with the line which they should. But if they at least do them things,I think we could get to the playoffs and maybe win against someone not named Pitt or patriots .

It just saddens me I pretty much know the deep problems will surface again. This team will depress you out. It's like an abusive marriage ,where they promise to be better but still make you feel bad about yourself. I'm at the point I might pick up a 2nd team like the eagles. And maybe become a Cavs fan. I need some college teams also. Because we might never see this team be elite . I'm also a big believer in the team's with most fans go far. I feel the NFL and sports in general is rigged for big fan base teams. My prediction is Steelers win the Superbowl with big Ben about done and Rooney passing away.

Ps maybe we can hire Bruce Arians, he's a offensive mind,and this is a offensive league,maybe he can bring Larry Fitzgerald with him.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 03:20 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Ps maybe we can hire Bruce Arians, he's a offensive mind,and this is a offensive league,maybe he can bring Larry Fitzgerald with him.

Arians has practically dropped dead on the field multiple times and he'd be more likely to bring Drew Stanton with him than anyone who is actually good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon is averaging 3.2 YPC.  I'd hardly call him the 2nd best player on offense.  He's not even the best RB at the moment.  Plus, his blocking is fuggin pitiful.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Could not do a weekly rant on Bengals without using a boatload of cuss words.

Owner and OL are biggest problems and believe one stems from the other.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
There really should be two super bowls. First the teams who are supposed to win for public consumption and another for the teams supposed to lose for public consumption. 
We would win the 2nd super bowl hands down every year. Maybe do it like Minor league baseball, the first half champions and the second half champions..

I suppose I ought to point out that conspiracies and theories don't necessarily cancel each other out. They can coexist at the same time.  lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Of course your rant is much better because mine would just be redundant about how the OL blows.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 03:20 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: People do not believe me or care what I say. I try to tell people in my group this ,and barely get anybody agreeing,the certain eternal optimist or Dalton lovers disagree of course. 

It's not a given, but generally speaking, if a lot of people disagree with you, maybe you might just be wrong. Just sayin'. ThumbsUp

(10-25-2017, 03:20 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote:  But the Bengals problem is with the top 3 deep seeded issues- owner ,coach , qb.  We don't have a top qb to overcome Marvin Lewis short comings ,and we don't have the right coaching staff to over come Andy Daltons short comings. 

Not quite. Owner and coach are certainly a problem. But Dalton IS a QB that you can win with. He's proven that. Yes, he still has to prove he can win in the playoffs, but considering that Lewis has coached 4 different QBs in the playoffs and every single one has failed, it's certainly plausible that the issue is not with the QB but the coach in those instances.

(10-25-2017, 03:20 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: We also do not have leadership ,we got a coach who looks lost and has been proved to not know what he's doing. It's been said today by lazor he doesn't control personnel. Finally the cats out the bag on that one ty lazor. We don't have leadership in Dalton,he smiles at the end of getting our ass whooped. He trys to stay calm looking as possible,but his actions speak otherwise. 
Are you on the team? Then you don't know nothing about our leadership (and neither do I). Sure, you can try to GUESS based on what you see, but none of us are in the locker room or on the sidelines. We don't know how effective the team's leaders are. 
(10-25-2017, 03:20 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: His throws are off a lot
No more than most QBs.
(10-25-2017, 03:20 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: even in wins we have had he's had lucky breaks not getting picked .
So have ALL QBs including Brady, Rogers, Marino, Elway, etc. etc. etc.
(10-25-2017, 03:20 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: He's a average qb and that's being nice.
Wrong. By any objective standard, Dalton is above average. Based on wins, he's above average. Based on stats, he's above average. He's not elite, he may not even be great, but he's good/above average and that's based on facts, not opinions.
(10-25-2017, 03:20 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: He can't even be a game manager with his turnovers. 
Go back and look at the last 2 season and tell me he's got an issue with turnovers.
(10-25-2017, 03:20 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Talent wise the dude is average no matter how much Dalton lovers say he's good and not his fault at all. 
Dalton lovers don't say he's good. His STATS say he's good. 
(10-25-2017, 03:20 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: He sounds and looks like a robot ,with no real passion of winning. 
What? Do you even watch him play? Have you not seen how disgusted he is every time he's picking himself off the ground after yet another sack or hurry up? Who cares if he sounds like a robot? But, don't try to claim he has no passion of winning. 
(10-25-2017, 03:20 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Don't be mistaken,I know the o line isn't good,it's not all on Dalton I understand. Mike Brown and Marvin make no moves or dumb moves in free agency. First move we make we bring back Brandon lafell to get all the time at #2. Nobody is scared of Brandon Lafell. We don't use Boyd at all they probably regret drafting the guy they just don't want to involve him much in the offense . Marvin Lewis could ATLEAST replace center Bodine, it would help some to be better up the middle and not one of the worst centers in the league . Anybody would probably be a upgrade, Max Tuerk is out there,or even tj Johnson. Somebody! Coaching staff and ownership are always complacent until we are already out just like last year. I'm surprised they put Malone in for a couple snaps. And he got 1 target double covered with a bad high throw.
Finally! You get something right. Well done. ThumbsUp
(10-25-2017, 03:20 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: So knowing we have a coaching and qb problem , it's just sad because I know these problems will resurface again down the line,you'd be a sucker if you thought they wouldn't. Sunday will tell me what the rest of the season will be, not if we win. But how we win. Are they going to use this as practice to get John Ross into the offense,is he going to have a good game or get injured? Will they get Malone more involved. Will they give mixon a lot more carries that he deserves. Right now he's the 2nd best offensive player we have in my eyes. You got to get green and mixon the ball. And you got to have other contributors. I doubt they will experiment with the line which they should. But if they at least do them things,I think we could get to the playoffs and maybe win against someone not named Pitt or patriots .
I disagree with you on the outcome of this game having any bearing on the rest of the season. Even if we totally dominate the Colts in every facet of the game, we will still lose games to the better teams or teams with good defenses. That's how bad our offensive line is.

[quote pid='453332' dateline='1508912417']
Ps maybe we can hire Bruce Arians, he's a offensive mind,and this is a offensive league,maybe he can bring Larry Fitzgerald with him.
[/quote]

I'm fine with bringing in an offensive coach to replace Merv, but I think Arians is pretty much done.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 09:43 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Arians has practically dropped dead on the field multiple times and he'd be more likely to bring Drew Stanton with him than anyone who is actually good.

No he would not, if that was true hed name him starter every year.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 12:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's not a given, but generally speaking, if a lot of people disagree with you, maybe you might just be wrong. Just sayin'. ThumbsUp

Not quite. Owner and coach are certainly a problem. But Dalton IS a QB that you can win with. He's proven that. Yes, he still has to prove he can win in the playoffs, but considering that Lewis has coached 4 different QBs in the playoffs and every single one has failed, it's certainly plausible that the issue is not with the QB but the coach in those instances.

Are you on the team? Then you don't know nothing about our leadership (and neither do I). Sure, you can try to GUESS based on what you see, but none of us are in the locker room or on the sidelines. We don't know how effective the team's leaders are. 
No more than most QBs.
So have ALL QBs including Brady, Rogers, Marino, Elway, etc. etc. etc.
Wrong. By any objective standard, Dalton is above average. Based on wins, he's above average. Based on stats, he's above average. He's not elite, he may not even be great, but he's good/above average and that's based on facts, not opinions.
Go back and look at the last 2 season and tell me he's got an issue with turnovers.
Dalton lovers don't say he's good. His STATS say he's good. 
What? Do you even watch him play? Have you not seen how disgusted he is every time he's picking himself off the ground after yet another sack or hurry up? Who cares if he sounds like a robot? But, don't try to claim he has no passion of winning. 
Finally! You get something right. Well done. ThumbsUp
I disagree with you on the outcome of this game having any bearing on the rest of the season. Even if we totally dominate the Colts in every facet of the game, we will still lose games to the better teams or teams with good defenses. That's how bad our offensive line is.

[quote pid='453332' dateline='1508912417']

I'm fine with bringing in an offensive coach to replace Merv, but I think Arians is pretty much done.
[/quote]
I quit reading when you said Dalton is not a problem.not going to read your bs.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 12:45 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: No he would not, if that was true hed name him starter every year.

I think you misread that, I'm saying Drew Stanton isn't good but he's the guy on the Cardinals that Arians seems to take everywhere with him.  Larry Fitzgerald is a god in AZ, so the idea of him leaving there to play for anything but the best franchises is a pipe dream.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 12:47 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I quit reading when you said Dalton is not a problem.not going to read your bs.

Well, I'm sorry that I treated your post with more respect than you clearly deserve. Have a good day, sir. :paul:
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 12:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, I'm sorry that I treated your post with more respect than you clearly deserve. Have a good day, sir. :paul:

You don't deserve any respect the way you talk. You should probably not comment on anybody's post and dumb it Down .
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 12:57 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: You don't deserve any respect the way you talk. You should probably not comment on anybody's post and dumb it Down .

[Image: CA4wHq2WUAANz94.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 12:57 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: You don't deserve any respect the way you talk. You should probably not comment on anybody's post and dumb it Down .

LOL LOL

What are you, 11?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter what your rant is or if you are right or wrong - the owner isn't listening and never has. I'm still convinced and have been convinced for years that he uses a wee-gee board to make the tough decisions, like top 10 draft picks, who to pick as coach and which players to re-sign.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 02:42 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It doesn't matter what your rant is or if you are right or wrong - the owner isn't listening and never has. I'm still convinced and have been convinced for years that he uses a wee-gee board to make the tough decisions, like top 10 draft picks, who to pick as coach and which players to re-sign.
Well I see a lot of disgruntled fans everywhere on Facebook. I don't think he can bring back Marvin unless he wins a playoff game. I don't think the fans will buy into next year doing that. I know I wont.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 09:49 AM)Wyche Wrote: Joe Mixon is averaging 3.2 YPC.  I'd hardly call him the 2nd best player on offense.  He's not even the best RB at the moment.  Plus, his blocking is fuggin pitiful.

Yeah we have 0 run blocking and I see people ranting that Mixon needs more carries because he had that 25 yard run. There was NO BLOCKING on that and the Steelers overpursued leaving the backdoor open.

That was a 1 in 100 run that's just not going to happen much.

re: Dalton - It's funny that the OP says that Dalton can't overcome Marvin.

I see it as Marvin can't overcome the organization. Put Marvin as the coach of the Steelers and he wins a Super Bowl. Put Tomlin here and I think we're the same.

The organization made a conscious effort to allow Whitworth and Zeitler leave and not replace them. Our 2 best offensive lineman...leave...and then they somehow expect to get better?
Reply/Quote
My weekly rant is "F**king Bodine..."
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 03:35 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Well I see a lot of disgruntled fans everywhere on Facebook. I don't think he can bring back Marvin unless he wins a playoff game. I don't think the fans will buy into next year doing that. I know I wont.

We haven't won a playoff game in 26+ years. A decent percentage of the fans live in willful ignorance that changing HC's will result in a Super Bowl. Or IF Ross were healthy things would be different.

They don't see reality.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 03:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah we have 0 run blocking and I see people ranting that Mixon needs more carries because he had that 25 yard run. There was NO BLOCKING on that and the Steelers overpursued leaving the backdoor open.

That was a 1 in 100 run that's just not going to happen much.

re: Dalton - It's funny that the OP says that Dalton can't overcome Marvin.

I see it as Marvin can't overcome the organization. Put Marvin as the coach of the Steelers and he wins a Super Bowl. Put Tomlin here and I think we're the same.

The organization made a conscious effort to allow Whitworth and Zeitler leave and not replace them. Our 2 best offensive lineman...leave...and then they somehow expect to get better?

I firmly believe that the Bengals can drastically improve the offense (ESPECIALLY the run game) with the additions of Mike McGlinchey at LT from the draft, Frank Ragnow and/or Billy Price at C/RG from the draft, and re-signing Andre Smith to actually be the unquestioned starter at RT. McGlinchey, Ragnow, and Price are all very good run blockers. And Dalton is at his best when there's a good running game and the run can be used to set up the pass.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote