Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone notice?
So on passing downs will Los be on the bench or at LE?

Won't Lawson be at RE on passing downs?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2018, 03:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Good, and now all of the RT's on the Bengals schedule just breathed a sigh of relief, while the LT's said "oh Shit". and the HC's went "what's wrong with these Bengals, they acting like a team that wants to win now."

Those RTs must not have watched Willis very much.  That dude keeps his assignments against the run and just moves his guy back every single time.  Some of the sacks against Buffalo were because of his push in the pocket and a DE had the QB back right in to him.  Awesome.

I think we will see a lot of Willis and Hubbard at LDE and Dunlap and Lawson terrorizing the right side.

I also think Carlos will bounce back and forth (not sure how I feel about that, but I guess if there is a matchup they like) and we will see MJ, Hubbard, and Willis rotating inside on passing downs.  

I think our so-called NASCAR package is:  Dunlap-Geno-Willis-Lawson

Four fast beasts, there.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 02:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So on passing downs will Los be on the bench or at LE?

Won't Lawson be at RE on passing downs?

Thinking so. That's how it was in the first three games, and Hobs did specifically say "base" defense. So I'm thinking on 3rd down he'd be back at LE.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 09:09 AM)jj22 Wrote: Thinking so. That's how it was in the first three games, and Hobs did specifically say "base" defense. So I'm thinking on 3rd down he'd be back at LE.

I watched the Buffalo game this morning, just got back from Timbuktoo, but I noticed alot of 3rd and long we went with Los, Geno, Willis and Lawson. The Bills couldn't even come close to stopping that D-line. Willis is a beast at DT on passing downs.
Reply/Quote
finally a DC that figured out how to get Dunlap
to be more effective.
if Guenther was around Carlos would be stuck on his typical 7.5 sacks a year.
13 sacks for big Carlos this yr.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 01:56 PM)impactplaya Wrote: finally a DC that figured out how to get Dunlap
to be more effective.
if Guenther was around Carlos would be stuck on his typical 7.5 sacks a year.
13 sacks for big Carlos this yr.

WTF?

With Guenther as DC Dunlap had his career high in sacks and went to 2 Pro Bowls.
Reply/Quote