Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myles Garrett injured at reformatted Pro Bowl
Weather you enjoyed or hated the new format of the NFL Pro Bowl looking more like an elementary school field day, than a major sport's All Star game, the league still failed to achieve their primary goal in changing up the format, elimination of injuries. Myles Garrett suffered a dislocated toe in the day's events. Not a serious injury, and likely one just as easily suffered playing back yard ball at a family gathering. Along with the advent of Garrett's injury, some fans are already clamoring for the elimination of the Pro Bowl and it's festivities all together.

One thing that I'd like those "fans" to remember, everyone started playing this game as kids, because it was fun. That's right, those players are actual people, and not factory tuned robots kept on a shelf all week and then brought out on Sundays for your amusement. If those guys aren't entitled to a fun day to enjoy themselves and showcase the abilities that separate them from the common people, one must begin to question why it is that they even endure all of the dedicated hard work to begin with. To those fans calling for Pro Bowl elimination, I say "suck it"!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/breaking-mylestwgarrett-suffers-brutal-pro-bowl-injury/ar-AA178Pmy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Better his toe than a Bengals toe.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 01:17 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Better his toe than a Bengals toe.

Or a camel toe.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
I'm not a fan of the pro bowl but I am a fan of a better put together skills competition as a peobowl format.

Even Better they should do a NFL Pro Bowl Ninja Warrior. That would be entertaining and fun for the players lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 01:49 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm not a fan of the pro bowl but I am a fan of a better put together skills competition as a peobowl format.

Even Better they should do a NFL Pro Bowl Ninja Warrior. That would be entertaining and fun for the players lol.

Back in the '70s, ABC Sports had a production called The Superstars.  Each year there would be one episode that featured top NFL players facing off against one another in various athletic events from sprints to bowling, obstacle course, weightlifting, etc.  it always came down to the Tug of War to decide the winning confterence. (or so it seemed)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 01:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Back in the '70s, ABC Sports had a production called The Superstars.  Each year there would be one episode that featured top NFL players facing off against one another in various athletic events from sprints to bowling, obstacle course, weightlifting, etc.  it always came down to the Tug of War to decide the winning confterence. (or so it seemed)

I remember the Superstars. Really enjoyed the show. 
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 11:39 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Weather you enjoyed or hated the new format of the NFL Pro Bowl looking more like an elementary school field day, than a major sport's All Star game, the league still failed to achieve their primary goal in changing up the format, elimination of injuries.  Myles Garrett suffered a dislocated toe in the day's events.  Not a serious injury, and likely one just as easily suffered playing back yard ball at a family gathering.  Along with the advent of Garrett's injury, some fans are already clamoring for the elimination of the Pro Bowl and it's festivities all together.

One thing that I'd like those "fans" to remember, everyone started playing this game as kids, because it was fun.  That's right, those players are actual people, and not factory tuned robots kept on a shelf all week and then brought out on Sundays for your amusement.  If those guys aren't entitled to a fun day to enjoy themselves and showcase the abilities that separate them from the common people, one must begin to question why it is that they even endure all of the dedicated hard work to begin with.  To those fans calling for Pro Bowl elimination, I say "suck it"!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/breaking-mylestwgarrett-suffers-brutal-pro-bowl-injury/ar-AA178Pmy

Eh, I've been against Bengals players going to the Pro Bowl (not being named, but actually going and participating) since Eifert...
Reply/Quote
I'm for the Elimiantion of all All Star games just not the Pro Bowl. With that being said anytime you do anything remotely Athletic injuries are a possibility. So to end the Pro Bowl because of that would be a dumb reason.

Having a skills competition and Flag Football game are bad Ideas but the timing of it is weird. Why not have it in April or May instead of February. Also a 7 on 7 Summer League wouldn't be a bad Idea.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
At least it wasn't an unwatchable 1/8th effort pads and helmet game this time. I didn't really follow it much, but I think it's still better than it was.

Still gotta do something about opt outs, though. Can't be having Tyler Huntley start 4 games, throw 2 TDs and 3 INT, and be a Pro Bowler.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote