Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Myles Murphy
We drafted sample rd1. You had jpj and adabuware both who start next year
Reply/Quote
Are you saying this because he will be a rotation piece or a legit comparison? If it's a legit comparison it's not even close.

Murphy had 18.5 sacks, 36 TFL, and 7 forced fumbles in 3 seasons in the ACC.
Sample had 10.5 sacks, 20.5 TFL, and 1 forced fumble in 4 seasons in the American.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:34 AM)Burma Wrote: Are you saying this because he will be a rotation piece or a legit comparison? If it's a legit comparison it's not even close.

Murphy had 18.5 sacks, 36 TFL, and 7 forced fumbles in 3 seasons in the ACC.
Sample had 10.5 sacks, 20.5 TFL, and 1 forced fumble in 4 seasons in the American.

Was talking about drew sample. You had elite players left
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:43 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Was talking about drew sample. You had elite players left

Ah! Wrong Sample. Pretty bad indictment of TE Sample that i didn't even consider that was who you were talking about.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Adebawore was a big edge defender in college that will be moved to the inside in the NFL. He is far from an elite prospect because he is all projection. Joey Porter Jr. is a press corner that struggles with route recognition in zone and transitions in off-man. Porter is a press corner in a zone coverage world. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:47 AM)Synric Wrote: Adebawore was a big edge defender in college that will be moved to the inside in the NFL. He is far from an elite prospect because he is all projection. Joey Porter Jr. is a press corner that struggles with route recognition in zone and transitions in off-man. Porter is a press corner in a zone coverage world. 

And Murphy is what? A project? Also I saw porter shut down Harrison jr enough said, I’ll take DT over de 10 times out of 10z
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:56 AM)Jpoore Wrote: And Murphy is what? A project? Also I saw porter shut down Harrison jr enough said, I’ll take DT over de 10 times out of 10z

Are you calling Adedawore a DT? He played DE in college with a few pass rush attempts from the inside... Murphy also played on the edge with pass rush attempts from the inside. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 02:01 AM)Synric Wrote: Are you calling Adedawore a DT? He played DE in college with a few pass rush attempts from the inside... Murphy also played on the edge with pass rush attempts from the inside. 

Adedawore played 414 snaps on the inside and actually projects as a DT. Also a better prospect .
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 02:16 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Adedawore played 414 snaps on the inside and actually projects as a DT. Also a better prospect .

Wrong. He played 261 snaps in the B gap. Murphy rushed 181 from the B gap. He played mostly Edge he does project at DT though because he is shorter and doesnt have the bend Murphy does. 

https://975thefanatic.com/listicle/5-things-to-know-about-adetomiwa-adebawore-nfl-draft-profile/

Bryan Bresee a full time IDL went 1 pick after the Bengals over Adebawore too.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:26 AM)Jpoore Wrote: We drafted sample rd1. You had jpj and adabuware both who start next year

You also wanted Tua or Jordan Love instead of Burrow because in your estimation Burrow didn’t have a single elite quality.

Remember proclaiming Will Hernandez not only the best OG in his draft class, but the best OL overall? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

I appreciate you marching to the beat of your own drummer, but some of your draft evaluations have been pretty bad.

I’m think in this case Imma trust the Bengals’ evaluation over yours.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 09:31 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You also wanted Tua or Jordan Love instead of Burrow because in your estimation Burrow didn’t have a single elite quality.

Remember proclaiming Will Hernandez not only the best OG in his draft class, but the best OL overall? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

I appreciate you marching to the beat of your own drummer, but some of your draft evaluations have been pretty bad.

Damn, leave something for the coroner
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:26 AM)Jpoore Wrote: We drafted sample rd1. You had jpj and adabuware both who start next year

So says the man, who didn't want Burrow.  You have zero credibility, so don't be surprised when no one listens, no one agrees, no one cares.
Reply/Quote

I feel that's a bit extreme.
I liked Rapien's and Liscow's take on LOB podcast that Murphy's floor is Sam Hubbard. That feels about right. Someone who would get 6-8 sacks a season typically and be a good run defender. His ceiling is double-digit sacks, but it's going to be hard to get that if he's playing in a rotation. We might not get to see the finished product until 2025 when Hendrickson (and Ossai) no longer a Bengal.

As for Adebawore, I feel like he's more project and risk than Murphy.

Career production:
Adebawore (36 games) - 97 tackles, 24.5 TFL, 12.5 sacks, 1 INT, 6 PD, 4 FF
Murphy (35 games) - 116 tackles, 36.0 TFL, 18.5 sacks, 0 INT, 5 PD, 6 FF

If you're talking about who had the better resume, it's Murphy.

Also, you can't really say Adebawore starts next year, as Hill is still a Bengal in 2024. Adebawore isn't taking Reader's spot.

As for Porter, he's not the kind of CB that fits the Bengals scheme.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:43 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Was talking about drew sample. You had elite players left

?? We didn't take Drew Sample in Rd1? What does this have to do with a player drafted 4 years ago with guys in the draft this year?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:56 AM)Jpoore Wrote: And Murphy is what? A project? Also I saw porter shut down Harrison jr enough said, I’ll take DT over de 10 times out of 10z

And that’s why your not a nfl gm. Or work in an nfl front office. And got your scouting certificate from a cracker jacks box.

Your draft takes and player evaluations are bad and should stop posting them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I like your insight and contributions to our forums. I don't agree with a lot of them, but find them very interesting. No worries JP, we still might get Dawand, but I'm hoping not at 60. Hoping for DJ Turner or a TE.
Reply/Quote
Murphy is an elite athlete and defender who slipped to 28 after being projected in the top 15 pretty consistently.
Reply/Quote
This guy was swallowing Loves juices before the Burrow draft. Love has only started like 2 games in 3 years. You’d think that if Love was so talented, GB would have moved in from Rodgers at least a year ago and started Loves career. Instead? He HAS TO start because Rodgers wasn’t going to play for GB anymore.

Plus, he touts ISU players like they should always go in the top 10 every year. All of them.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 09:31 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You also wanted Tua or Jordan Love instead of Burrow because in your estimation Burrow didn’t have a single elite quality.

Well that about sums it up.

End thread.
Reply/Quote

Adetomiwa Adebawore and Dawand Jones still on the board.

When are you coming out with your 2024 mock draft of Day 3 picks for the Bengals to draft in the first round next year?
Reply/Quote