Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myles Murphy's message to Bengals fans
Heart 
Myles Murphy's message to Bengals fans

Quote:"Cincinnati, We getting to the quarterback, we getting to the Super Bowl, we getting to the AFC championship," Murphy said. "Hey, Who Dey!"

Welcome to the Jungle!

Watching his tape, his athleticism and relentless pursuit/effort jump out immediately. Beyond his obvious talent and key foundational skill set, you have to like this kid's attitude and mindset. All reports indicate he has great character. He should fit the culture immediately and contribute on and off the field.

At only 21 years old, with the defensive coaches and the guys in the DL room, I don't think it will be long before we see him make an impact on the field. If he's able to broaden his pass rush moves, he could be a potential game wrecker that opposing teams have to plan for. This guy is the kind of 4-3 DE that just doesn't grow on trees and he happened to fall in our lap @28 after being ranked 17th overall.

Hopefully he reaches his full potential and wreaks havoc on the field in Stripes for years to come!
Myles Murphy vs. Broderick Jones....any tape?
Myles Murphy vs. Jawaan Taylor.... who wins?
I can't wait to see him chasing down LamaRB!
I'm way too excited about football for it to only be April.

Tiger WhoDey2
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
More encouraging words to hear from the newest Cincinnati Bengal. 
Tiger WhoDey2

Quote:"Coming from a winning organization and joining a winning organization that knows how to win, that knows the mentality that what it takes to win, that's important. It's great to join an organization like that," Murphy said. "They have all the pieces to be a consistent Super Bowl contender, AFC Championship contender. I just want to be that finishing piece, that piece that pushes them over and past that ledge of being a consistent Super Bowl contender to being a Super Bowl winner every year."
Reply/Quote
More from Murphy....
Tiger WhoDey2

https://www.bengals.com/news/myles-murphy-likes-edge-fit-with-bengals

Quote:"Making the plays that people don't think I'm going to make," Murphy said. "Even when I'm all the way off the screen, just making those plays, running them down the field, sideline to sideline, going to get to the quarterback, going to stop the run, and be an all-around dominant player,"

The AFC North now has another pass-rusher named Myles. The Browns' Myles Garrett leads the NFL with 44 sacks this decade and it just so happens he is who Murphy emulates.

"Similar body types, similar playing style, rushing style. I just mimic all of my game after him," Murphy said.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:15 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: More from Murphy....
Tiger WhoDey2

https://www.bengals.com/news/myles-murphy-likes-edge-fit-with-bengals

Imagine us having the next Myles Garrett in Myles Murphy, would be insane! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:26 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Myles Murphy's message to Bengals fans

Welcome to the Jungle!

Watching his tape, his athleticism and relentless pursuit/effort jump out immediately. Beyond his obvious talent and key foundational skill set, you have to like this kid's attitude and mindset. All reports indicate he has great character. He should fit the culture immediately and contribute on and off the field.

At only 21 years old, with the defensive coaches and the guys in the DL room, I don't think it will be long before we see him make an impact on the field. If he's able to broaden his pass rush moves, he could be a potential game wrecker that opposing teams have to plan for. This guy is the kind of 4-3 DE that just doesn't grow on trees and he happened to fall in our lap @28 after being ranked 17th overall.

Hopefully he reaches his full potential and wreaks havoc on the field in Stripes for years to come!
Myles Murphy vs. Broderick Jones....any tape?
Myles Murphy vs. Jawaan Taylor.... who wins?
I can't wait to see him chasing down LamaRB!
I'm way too excited about football for it to only be April.

Tiger WhoDey2

Seeing that you're down in the heart of ACC country, and I moved back to Ohio, I was counting on you to give us the skinny on Murphy.  I reckon you got to see him wreak havoc on the Demon Deacons a time or two?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Picking Myles Murphy is great! It takes a fast, athletic edge rusher to contain Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes. The Bengals are built to dominate the AFC North. There is no such thing as having too much pass rush.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Picking Myles Murphy is great!  It takes a fast, athletic edge rusher to contain Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes. The Bengals are built to dominate the AFC North.  There is no such thing as having too much pass rush.

Sounds like he is smart too, which is what you need in defending these types of QB's, have to be smart and stay disciplined.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Imagine us having the next Myles Garrett in Myles Murphy, would be insane! Rock On

I'm absolutely giddy thinking about his potential! Those who are upset with the pick are forgetting we have to face LamaRB and Watson twice a year, have to play Mahomes and Allen in the regular season again and very possibly in the playoffs. We needed to improve the pass rush and if you doubt it, rewatch the AFCCG. This will also help our secondary more than the average fan realizes. 

And Zach even admitted himself....when game planning for Burrow, the first thing they look at is the opposing team's pass rush depth. 

We have to be able to apply pressure against the elite QBs. Now we don't have to rely on situational pass rushers as MM is an every down DE. Trey and Sam won't be gassed before the game is over and a fresher Trey and Sam will be even more productive. Just ask Joe Burrow what a good pash rush can do to opposing QBs.

Tiger
Reply/Quote
Love the Pick hope we invest more in the trenches too
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:57 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: I'm absolutely giddy thinking about his potential! Those who are upset with the pick are forgetting we have to face LamaRB and Watson twice a year, have to play Mahomes and Allen in the regular season again and very possibly in the playoffs. We needed to improve the pass rush and if you doubt it, rewatch the AFCCG. This will also help our secondary more than the average fan realizes. 

And Zach even admitted himself....when game planning for Burrow, the first thing they look at is the opposing team's pass rush depth. 

We have to be able to apply pressure against the elite QBs. Now we don't have to rely on situational pass rushers as MM is an every down DE. Trey and Sam won't be gassed before the game is over and a fresher Trey and Sam will be even more productive. Just ask Joe Burrow what a good pash rush can do to opposing QBs.

Tiger

You know it. What is wild is I never thought MM was even an option, so still trying to let this pick sink in. We needed an every down DE
and somehow this guy fell right to us. Was never expecting an End in round 1, clearly the coaches and FO aren't ignoring what makes the
good QB's nervous in this league. Our other guys as you say will be much fresher with this addition.
Reply/Quote
I am really happy with this selection and that Duke and Zac stuck to their word in taking the BPA. Murphy offers a really high ceiling with his floor being a very good defensive end. However, the bonus, from all the information I have found, is his character which has been referred to as impeccable. It is so awesome to continue to see high talent prospects added to this roster that have extremely high characters to go with it. The fresher the legs of our pass rushers the better it is for this defense. With Murphy we have a player that can come in for Hendrickson or Hubbard on any down and at any distance and provide starter caliber performance when he is on the field. I guess some do not consider being in a rotation on day 1 as making an impact but they would be wrong.

Welcome to the Bengals young man!

WHO - DEY!!!
Reply/Quote
Coach Eason sure gives him a glowing report.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seeing that you're down in the heart of ACC country, and I moved back to Ohio, I was counting on you to give us the skinny on Murphy.  I reckon you got to see him wreak havoc on the Demon Deacons a time or two?

He did, and they had a very experienced and solid oline. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote