Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myles Murphy signed

Good to have the 1st rounder already done.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Still, the only thing that I give Roger Goodell credit for is his rookie pay scale.

When Tom Brady said "I want Sam Bradford money" and the Patriots couldn't pay the top player in the league the type of money that's set aside for rookies, Goodell changed it almost immediately. The Bengals were almost always the last team to sign their first round pick. My, how things have changed.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 01:07 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Still, the only thing that I give Roger Goodell credit for is his rookie pay scale.

When Tom Brady said "I want Sam Bradford money" and the Patriots couldn't pay the top player in the league the type of money that's set aside for rookies, Goodell changed it almost immediately. The Bengals were almost always the last team to sign their first round pick. My, how things have changed.

True, only good thing to come in Goodell's time for the most part. BTW, I think MM is going to be a stud for us. Him and Ossai are going to
light up QB's for awhile with us.
Reply/Quote
According to Bengals.com all 8 rookies are signed.

https://www.bengals.com/news/2023-bengals-draft-class-signings
Reply/Quote
Not surprised about Murphy signing, several teams had signed their 1st round picks earlier in the week and just figured it was coming. And to piggyback on what's already been said, Goodell's greatest achievement has been the rookie pay scale/slotting system. Just imagine in the salary cap era if a team went all Al Davis on a Jamarcus Russell type of contract?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote