Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAACP Black Cops are NOT Black
Given much of the talk around here lately, I thought this would generate some conversation.....

Quote:NAACP Says Black Police Officers Are Not Black

September 28, 2016

On Tuesday, the NAACP demanded justice after Keith Scott was killed by a Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Officer.

The civil rights group wants immediate change from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police and city council.  It is unknown what “change” they want and it is hard to understand how could they even know this early into the investigation.

All of this after we have video evidence of Scott with a gun and a long violent criminal history including shooting a man and being arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.  A protective order was filed on him after he threatened his wife with a gun.
Quote:Meanwhile, the NAACP made an insulting and uneducated comment about African American Police Officers.
“Many black people who become police officers become blue, not black,” the organization said Tuesday. “In order for you to survive in a police department, you take on the police department’s ideology, ways of life, and culture.”
Instead of defending an ex-con that attacked a police officer and insulting minority police officers throughout this country that are making a difference in their community, the NAACP should commend Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Officer Brentley Vinson.
Vinson, a 26 year old police officer, graduated from Liberty University and played football at the School.  He ran a popular bible study group and was touted by his coaches as a man of integrity and character.
If only the NAACP could display the same integrity and encourage minorities to join law enforcement, all of us would be much better.
Sadly, their statements not only prove they are out of touch but they only care about divisiveness.
(09-30-2016, 09:03 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Given much of the talk around here lately, I thought this would generate some conversation.....

It seems they're saying the blue wall over rides anything else?  Maybe.  Who knows...people will do lots of things to keep a job and keep the peace.

I *don't* think that most black police officers would treat blacks any different than most whites treat whites in the first place so it's a dumb argument.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
So a black man cant become a police officer without losing his black card?

It really rubs me the wrong way when black people say stuff like this. It makes them sound more racist then those they accuse of being racist. They make it sound like being black is more then a skin color it's a way of life. It give me little hope that it will ever change.
(09-30-2016, 09:25 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: So a black man cant become a police officer without losing his black card?

It really rubs me the wrong way when black people say stuff like this. It makes them sound more racist then those they accuse of being racist. They make it sound like being black is more then a skin color it's a way of life. It give me little hope that it will ever change.

Well hold on then...

I should have looked to see if there was a link to the story first.

http://www.snopes.com/naacp-black-cops-not-real/

Quote:On 27 September 2016 the clickbait site Downtrend published an article originally titled "NAACP SAYS BLACK COPS ARE NOT REAL BLACK PEOPLE," asserting that:

Quote:
One of the craziest things to come out of the Keith Scott shooting in Charleston, NC is the idea that it is racist for a black police officer to use deadly force on an armed black man. The NAACP, in its infinite wisdom, has come up with a foolproof way around this little problem. According to the organization, black cops are not real black people so therefore it is racist when they shoot actual black people.

“Many black people who become police officers become blue, not black. In order for you to survive in a police department, you take on the police department’s ideology, ways of life, and culture,” said an NAACP representative.

It doesn’t get any clearer than that. The NAACP is saying that becoming a police officer robs a black man of his black essence. That black cops are no longer truly black and must surrender their “black card” to the NAACP. In the context of the Keith Scott shooting, this statement also implies that black police officers are transformed into racist white killers of innocent black men.

This goes along with the popular black concept that articulate black people are “acting white,” or that responsible employed black people have sold out to the man. The NAACP is reinforcing the bullshit belief that the only way to be black is to be a jive-talking white-hating revolutionary scumbag.
Significant changes were made to the article between its original publication on 27 September 2016 and 30 September 2016. The revised version walked the claim back to being something supposedly stated by a "local NAACP" brand or chapter rather than the national NAACP organization:
Quote:
A local branch of the NAACP, in its infinite wisdom, has come up with a foolproof way around this little problem. According to the organization, black cops are not real black people so therefore it is racist when they shoot actual black people.

The local NAACP is not convinced the Scott shooting was justified, despite multiple videos showing that he was armed. Even the facts that a gun was recovered from the scene and that Scott was illegally carrying a weapon when police shot him has done nothing to persuade them.
The article linked to news content published by Charlotte television station WCNC, which included video and transcribed comments from a Charlotte-Mecklenburg NAACP spokesperson:
Quote:
Meanwhile, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg NAACP is calling for justice after Scott was shot and killed by a CMPD officer.

Many black people who become police officers become blue, not black,” the local organization said. “In order for you to survive in a police department, you take on the police department’s ideology, ways of life, and culture.”
In other words, a single spokesperson for a local NAACP chapter (likely Charlotte branch president Corine Mack) suggested that many black cops have to subordinate their racial identities to police culture in order to work effectively as part of a police force, but no NAACP representative asserted that "black cops are not real black people."

So, like I said...they're still black just towing the company line.
(09-30-2016, 09:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well hold on then...

Thanks...
I put very little into checking it, as my 4yr old was throwing a fit, and I wanted to post it before the dog jumped up and shut off the laptop.
Yeah, it's been one of those nights.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(09-30-2016, 10:11 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Thanks...
I put very little into checking it, as my 4yr old was throwing a fit, and I wanted to post it before the dog jumped up and shut off the laptop.

Been there!

I wasn't bashing you just myself for not seeing the link first!

Benadryl...for all of you.   Ninja
(09-30-2016, 10:11 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Thanks...

Nothing wrong with the content of the OP and Snoopes (TeeHee) did not refute the words that were said. They simply provided their interpretation of the words and then claimed no one ever said something that no one is quoted as saying just so they could throw a false in there.

These words were said by an NCAAP spokesman:
“Many black people who become police officers become blue, not black.  In order for you to survive in a police department, you take on the police department’s ideology, ways of life, and culture.”

Each person will have to determine for themselves what the words mean. To me the words credit Black Law Enforcement Officers will being nothing more than Uncle Toms. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-30-2016, 09:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: I *don't* think that most black police officers would treat blacks any different than most whites treat whites in the first place so it's a dumb argument.

Wow....So, basically, you're saying you think most cops are racist.  I'm sure that shocks no one.
--------------------------------------------------------

On the face of it I don't have a problem with what the guy said. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he would say the same thing about Whites, Asians, Hispanics, and Martians, i.e. that they are cops first and people of whatever ethnic and cultural background second.

And, that is OK if the ethos of the PD is truth, justice, and the American way. If they treat all men and women equal and enforce the law without prejudice or preference, good that they are cops first and anything else second. But if the PD culture is one of bias, bigotry, bribery, and buffoonery then maybe it would be better if their humanity, ethnicity and culture held sway over the ethos of their department.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(10-01-2016, 02:42 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Wow....So, basically, you're saying you think most cops are racist.  I'm sure that shocks no one.

Or, in reference to the OP and the quote in it that the speaker was wrong.

And I used the word "most" as I'm sure there are "some" that would indeed treat people differently.

How you got "most cops are racist" out of that is beyond me, but that is not what the intended meaning was.

Carry on.
(09-30-2016, 09:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well hold on then...

Should they be towing the racial/cultural line though?  Nervous Sounds an awful lot like putting someone into a group based solely on their skin color. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(10-01-2016, 10:57 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Should they be towing the racial/cultural line though?  Nervous Sounds an awful lot like putting someone into a group based solely on their skin color. 

No and if that is what they meant as I said, it was dumb.

But the implication that police will protect each other (right or wrong) no matter what is not as bad a statement.

Sadly the way it is worded it is up to interpretation and there are some who would rather see the worst in it because it attacks their race and THEY are not racist.  Mellow
(10-01-2016, 10:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: Or, in reference to the OP and the quote in it that the speaker was wrong.

And I used the word "most" as I'm sure there are "some" that would indeed treat people differently.

How you got "most cops are racist" out of that is beyond me, but that is not what the intended meaning was.

Carry on.

LOL that's not what I'm talking about.

Rather than just say "I think most cops treat people the same" you basically said most cops treat people of different races differently. 

Otherwise there is no need to talk about how black cops treat black people vs. how white cops treat white people.  That's is really quite bigoted, or at least shows you think the vast majority of people, or cops anyway, are bigots. Like white privilege, I guess you weren't even aware how bigoted the statement was.

(10-01-2016, 03:49 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: LOL that's not what I'm talking about.

Rather than just say "I think most cops treat people the same" you basically said most cops treat people of different races differently. 

Otherwise there is no need to talk about how black cops treat black people vs. how white cops treat white people.  That's is really quite bigoted, or at least shows you think the vast majority of people, or cops anyway, are bigots.  Like white privilege, I guess you weren't even aware how bigoted the statement was.

The original story is about blacks.  I specifically responded to that by say black officers.  Then to pacify what would surely be a rants about "why didn't you say white officers would do the same!!1!!111!!!" I added the exact...same...thing....about white officers.

I suppose I could be more concise rather than type out the entire thought...sorry if I was exact and not general.

You're looking for a fight where these isn't one this time.

Or you are trolling.

Or you are dense.

I don't care which one but you are also wrong.  Carry on!
(10-01-2016, 03:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: The original story is about blacks.  I specifically responded to that by say black officers.  Then to pacify what would surely be a rants about "why didn't you say white officers would do the same!!1!!111!!!" I added the exact...same...thing....about white officers.

I suppose I could be more concise rather than type out the entire thought...sorry if I was exact and not general.

You're looking for a fight where these isn't one this time.

Or you are trolling.

Or you are dense.

I don't care which one but you are also wrong.  Carry on!

No, that ridiculous explanation of why you "needed" to say it the way you did is pure fantasy.

I'm not trolling you.  I think it was an absolutely BIZARRE statement to make, and your explanation actually doubles down on the same bizarre logic.  I suspect I know why you wrote it the way you did...and I'll wait for SSF to come and explain it to you.

(10-01-2016, 04:22 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: No, that ridiculous explanation of why you "needed" to say it the way you did is pure fantasy.

It's your fault he said what he said.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-01-2016, 04:22 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: No, that ridiculous explanation of why you "needed" to say it the way you did is pure fantasy.

I'm not trolling you.  I think it was an absolutely BIZARRE statement to make, and your explanation actually doubles down on the same bizarre logic.  I suspect I know why you wrote it the way you did...and I'll wait for SSF to come and explain it to you.

Nothing ridiculous about it.  The OP is about an article that claims the NAACP said police officers are no longer black.  I directly responded to that "argument":

Quote:It seems they're saying the blue wall over rides anything else?  Maybe.  Who knows...people will do lots of things to keep a job and keep the peace.

I *don't* think that most black police officers would treat blacks any different than most whites treat whites in the first place so it's a dumb argument.

With the addendum that black officers aren't any better or worse than white officers when it comes to how the deal with their own race.

How you make that to be:

Quote:Wow....So, basically, you're saying you think most cops are racist.  I'm sure that shocks no one.

I beyond anything I can imagine.

But keep trying.  Maybe you'll make sense before the thread gets closed for people making personal attacks versus talking about the subject of the thread.

Again.

(10-01-2016, 04:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's your fault he said what he said.

Larry, you won't answer me directly but I have the common decency to do so to you:  His interpretation is completely wrong.  I wrote it...I told him what it means.  Please take your input to someone you will actually engage in conversation rather than someone you claim said you said something wrong and you didn't like it.

Solid post though.™
(09-30-2016, 11:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: “Many black people who become police officers become blue, not black.  In order for you to survive in a police department, you take on the police department’s ideology, ways of life, and culture.”

You don't have to "survive" a job. You can always leave and do something else.
(10-01-2016, 06:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nothing ridiculous about it.  The OP is about an article that claims the NAACP said police officers are no longer black.  I directly responded to that "argument":

No, what you WROTE was that you don't think black cops treat blacks any differently than white cops treat whites.

Even after responding to this a few times it still doesn't occur to you that MOST cops don't treat races any differently....because you seem to actually think most cops, at least white cops, are racist.  And that's what prompted you to make that very odd distinction,  whether you realize it or not. 

What I'm saying is that is not a statement a normal, rational person would ever think, much less write....unless their judgement and mindset had become totally warped/clouded by activism.

(10-02-2016, 04:01 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: No, what you WROTE was that you don't think black cops treat blacks any differently than white cops treat whites.

Even after responding to this a few times it still doesn't occur to you that MOST cops don't treat races any differently....because you seem to actually think most cops, at least white cops, are racist.  And that's what prompted you to make that very odd distinction,  whether you realize it or not. 

What I'm saying is that is not a statement a normal, rational person would ever think, much less write....unless their judgement and mindset had become totally warped/clouded by activism.

Give it up.  I explained it.  If you refuse to believe it than so be it.  

I'm sure its not because of your own warped/clouded view. Mellow