Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NATION WITH CRUMBLING BRIDGES AND ROADS EXCITED TO BUILD GIANT WALL
(08-30-2016, 06:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: While you were on vacation many in this forum worked toward having constructive discussions in threads. Others have chosen not to. You can look throughout this thread and get a glimpse of who is who.

It seems you have chosen your route over your last few posts. I'll leave you guys to this one.

I apologize for employing sarcasm in a theoretical discussion about saving money on a pie in the sky.  I assumed you were doing the same when you put forth the idea of saving money by using employment insurance coffers to differ costs on aforementioned terrible idea.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-30-2016, 04:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But this would be "forcing" them to work.

I do understand what you are saying and there is a myriad of ways such a project could be funded. It's just much easier to suggest why something cannot be done.

They don't have to work on it if they don't want to.
Amnesty option only:
Work on wall or go home and apply legally.

If caught here illegally, you and your family will get a 10 year ban, fill out the paperwork before you voluntarily leave you will only have about a year wait to get back (of course that assumes you pass the vetting).

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Supposedly the illegals want a path to become a USC, give them one. But no one said it had to be easy.
(08-30-2016, 06:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: While you were on vacation many in this forum worked toward having constructive discussions in threads. Others have chosen not to. You can look throughout this thread and get a glimpse of who is who.

It seems you have chosen your route over your last few posts. I'll leave you guys to this one.
Sorry, Dad....

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(08-30-2016, 05:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Be skeptical all you want, but relatively few civilian government jobs require a drug test. And usually the only time a background check is required is if you require a security clearance. 

EDIT: Ironically enough, both Presidential Candidates would most likely not qualify for a security clearance.

Depends, if you have someone working with money, even without a security clearance, there is often a background and credit check. Risk assessment and all.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-30-2016, 06:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Depends....we have vetted drivers on a government contract....and they aren't tested.  Of course they have CDLs....so maybe they consider that?

If they have CDL's, they are drug tested.  Yearly, I think.  So, yeah, that would cover the testing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(08-30-2016, 06:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: YES!!! Evan McMullin; a former member of the CIA. 

I don't know who he is, but I'll put him ahead of Trump and Clinton. Anyways, I just have to wonder how important this wall really is if we're proposing that a bunch of lazy unskilled dumbasses put it together so we can save some money.
(08-30-2016, 08:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Anyways, I just have to wonder how important this wall really is if we're proposing that a bunch of lazy unskilled dumbasses put it together so we can save some money.

Generalizations aside: We are talking about building a wall, not a rocket ship. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-30-2016, 08:04 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Depends, if you have someone working with money, even without a security clearance, there is often a background and credit check. Risk assessment and all.

Sure there are exception; however, I just thought it was warranted to address the misconception that government jobs require a drug test and background check. 

(08-30-2016, 08:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Generalizations aside: We are talking about building a wall, not a rocket ship. 

Eighty feet high?  And how long?  Enormous undertaking.  It would probably be easier to build a rocket.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Here's an interesting article about the cost of immigration itself.

http://cis.org/Cost-Welfare-Immigrant-Native-Households
(08-30-2016, 09:10 PM)McC Wrote: Eighty feet high?  And how long?  Enormous undertaking.  It would probably be easier to build a rocket.

The official height of the wall will always be "10 feet taller."
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(08-31-2016, 09:55 AM)6andcounting Wrote: The official height of the wall will always be "10 feet taller."

The wall would have worked had we only made it 10 feet taller and victory was just over the next hill in Vietnam.  Such is life.
They put precast concrete sound barrior walls along a highway here. That cost a million a mile. They're about twenty feet high.

(08-31-2016, 06:08 PM)McC Wrote: They put precast concrete sound barrior walls along a highway here.  That cost a million a mile.  They're about twenty feet high.

[Image: jDBjUdp.jpg]
(08-31-2016, 06:12 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: [Image: jDBjUdp.jpg]

I am highly offended.  I am a Lowe's man.

(08-31-2016, 07:52 PM)McC Wrote: I am highly offended.  I am a Lowe's man.

Do they have lowes in Ciudad Juarez
(08-31-2016, 07:52 PM)McC Wrote: I am highly offended.  I am a Lowe's man.

Illegals --- Home Depot

[Image: thatsthejoke.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Did they have ladders in Berlin?

We might want to surveil the wall and move toward anyone approaching it with a big ass ladder.

(08-31-2016, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did they have ladders in Berlin?

We might want to surveil the wall and move toward anyone approaching it with a big ass ladder.

While we're making a list, add boats and underground tunneling.  Sure we can find long-term cheap labor for that as well.
(08-31-2016, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did they have ladders in Berlin?

Mellow

[Image: 083116a.jpg]

[Image: 083116b.jpg]

Why are we still pretending this could ever happen in any way shape or form?

Why aren't we talking about investing in our roads and bridges instead?

Oh, that's right.

Making America great....  Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.