Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA 2015 offseason thread
Time to move on from the 14-15 regualr season thread.

Lot's of stuff going on.
Reply/Quote
LeBron and Love opt out and become free agents.

LeBron will be back.  This is just about money.  If he left Cleveland after that letter he wrote last year he would be crucified.  If Love is smart he will come back also.  But there is so much "behind the scenes" stuff with him I have no Idea what is really going on.

The biggest question is what LeBron does about the coaching situation.  Does he keep Blatt or replace him?
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: LeBron and Love opt out and become free agents.

LeBron will be back.  This is just about money.  If he left Cleveland after that letter he wrote last year he would be crucified.  If Love is smart he will come back also.  But there is so much "behind the scenes" stuff with him I have no Idea what is really going on.

The biggest question is what LeBron does about the coaching situation.  Does he keep Blatt or replace him?

LeBron is gonna make sure Dan Gilbert is well into the luxury tax each year.  I suspect that he will play the rest of his career on 1-2 year contracts. They cannot  let Kevin Love walk after just one year after giving up Wiggans to get him.  I think Lebron would really like his guy Calipari to coach the Cavs.  I don't know if that happens or not. 

If Lamarcus Aldridge ends up in San Antonio....  Look out.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 04:27 PM)jason Wrote: LeBron is gonna make sure Dan Gilbert is well into the luxury tax each year.  I suspect that he will play the rest of his career on 1-2 year contracts. They cannot  let Kevin Love walk after just one year after giving up Wiggans to get him.  I think Lebron would really like his guy Calipari to coach the Cavs.  I don't know if that happens or not. 

If Lamarcus Aldridge ends up in San Antonio....  Look out.
If anyone becomes the new head coach of the Cavs it would Lue. Plus if a coaching change does happen it would happen during the season not now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 12:29 AM)J24 Wrote: If anyone becomes the new head coach of the Cavs it would Lue. Plus if a coaching change does happen it would happen during the season not now.

Speaking of coaches... I can't believe Sacramento shitcanned George Karl after 1/2 a season.  I think Vlade Divac is on his way out too.  I think they are making a push for Coach Cal.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 02:02 PM)jason Wrote: Speaking of coaches... I can't believe Sacramento shitcanned George Karl after 1/2 a season.  I think Vlade Divac is on his way out too.  I think they are making a push for Coach Cal.

Honestly I would rather have Carl then Cousins. He is no doubt ba sat sheet filler but I question if he has the right personality to carry a team.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 09:01 PM)J24 Wrote: Honestly I would rather have Carl then Cousins. He is no doubt ba sat sheet filler but I question if he has the right personality to carry a team.

Cousins gets those numbers cause he's on a shitty team.  You are 100% right.  He will never take a team anywhere.  They are crazy for getting rid of Karl, he's had success everywhere that he's been.  The thing of it is, George Karl has a lot of experience dealing with difficult players... Gary Payton, Glen Robinson, Must See McGee...  If he throws his hands in the air, and says he can't deal with Cousins, there is a problem. 

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Didn't take long for Love to announce he is coming back. Leave it to the media to suggest a guy who was on a Finals team would leave to play for Boston or LA in spite of the fact he said he wanted to stay in Cleveland.

I just hope they find a way to work him into the offense. I would have been pissed if they let him walk after giving up Wiggins for him.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 05:29 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Didn't take long for Love to announce he is coming back.  Leave it to the media to suggest a guy who was on a Finals team would leave to play for Boston or LA in spite of the fact he said he wanted to stay in Cleveland.  

I just hope they find a way to work him into the offense.  I would have been pissed if they let him walk after giving up Wiggins for him.
The sports media hates everything Ohio.
J24

Reply/Quote
So the Lakers and the Knicks are apparently not free agent destinations anymore.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 01:15 PM)J24 Wrote: So the Lakers and the Knicks are apparently not free agent destinations anymore.

Arron Afflalo is one of the more underrated players in the NBA, but the Knicks need a lot more than him.

Afflalo is a nice tall (6'5") guard who plays real good defense and can shoot the three.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 01:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Arron Afflalo is one of the more underrated players in the NBA, but the Knicks need a lot more than him.

Afflalo is a nice tall (6'5") guard who plays real good defense and can shoot the three.

Affalo is a good player but he's not a guy who is going to bring the knicks back to glory. He is a good role player though.
J24

Reply/Quote
I am really glad that Anthony Davis decided to stay with the Pelicans.  I don't like it when small market teams are treated like farm teams for larger markets.  There had been speculation that he would leave.  I feel like the Pelicans take a backseat in priorities for Tom Benson (Behind the Saints), but he and Dell Demps need to get some players around him to reward his loyalty.

I like the Paul Pierce signing for the Clippers for a year or too.  They finally have a player who isn't fraudulent.

As for J24's observation...  The Lakers are now run by Jerry Buss's flunky son, who has no idea what he's doing.  I don't think any free agents will sign there until Russell and Randle develop, and Kobe is gone.  The Knicks have the worst owner in all of sports, and they are stuck in the 90s.  They need to can that triangle shit, and hope Melo retires soon, because nobody wants to play with him either.  They wanted Greg Monroe, and he signed with the Bucks....  You heard me.  The Bucks.  The only thing the Knicks have going for them is location, and that arena.  Phil Jackson is stealing money. 

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 03:42 PM)jason Wrote: I am really glad that Anthony Davis decided to stay with the Pelicans.  I don't like it when small market teams are treated like farm teams for larger markets.  There had been speculation that he would leave.  I feel like the Pelicans take a backseat in priorities for Tom Benson (Behind the Saints), but he and Dell Demps need to get some players around him to reward his loyalty.

Pelicans actually have a lot of talent around Davis.  They have just been killed by injuries the last two seasons,.

They didn't get anyone new in the draft because they had traded away their picks, but they are not losing any key players to free agency.

Hopefully their change of coaches will help them improve.  I like Gentry.  He is old school so maybe he will add some toughness to their defense.  that was their biggest weakness last year.  Plus gentry is showing up with a brand new World championship ring.  So that should get some respect from the players.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 03:42 PM)jason Wrote:  The Lakers are now run by Jerry Buss's flunky son, who has no idea what he's doing.

Hmmmmm.  That sounds familiar.   Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 05:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Pelicans actually have a lot of talent around Davis.  They have just been killed by injuries the last two seasons,.

They didn't get anyone new in the draft because they had traded away their picks, but they are not losing any key players to free agency.

Hopefully their change of coaches will help them improve.  I like Gentry.  He is old school so maybe he will add some toughness to their defense.  that was their biggest weakness last year.  Plus gentry is showing up with a brand new World championship ring.  So that should get some respect from the players.
Monte Williams just looked lost in the playoffs. Granted they were playing GS.

I think Eric Gordan was born injured. I really like Anderson and Holiday. I just think Davis needs that consistent number 2. I know that's easier said than done. At any rate he's about 4-5 years away from being the best player in the league.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hmmmmm.  That sounds familiar.   Rolleyes
I think that's a fairly common occurrence in successful family owned businesses.  Daddy builds business, dies or steps down, and hands it to whichever kid he deems worthy.  That kid thinks he/she can do what dad has made look so easy, and finds that that it's harder than it appears.

But yeah...  God knows we hear a lot of that on here. 

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Monroe to the Bucks is a great move.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 07:48 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Monroe to the Bucks is a great move.

It really is... I think Jabari Parker is gonna be an All Star caliber player, and Jason Kidd, after a shaky start, is turning out to be a pretty good coach.  Monroe gives them a double- double guy in the middle.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 07:48 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Monroe to the Bucks is a great move.

(07-02-2015, 11:48 PM)jason Wrote: It really is... I think Jabari Parker is gonna be an All Star caliber player, and Jason Kidd, after a shaky start, is turning out to be a pretty good coach.  Monroe gives them a double- double guy in the middle.

They might be a surprise team in the east this upcoming season. Correct me if I am wrong but I think the whole starting lineup is over 6-6.
J24

Reply/Quote