Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA 2015 offseason thread
(07-08-2015, 05:15 PM)jason Wrote: Both the Mavs and Clippers are offering him too much money...  He's overrated in my opinion, and he's as good as he's going to get.

Agreed hes a better version of Tyson Chandler but he is not a cornerstone type player.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 07:57 PM)J24 Wrote: Agreed hes a better version of Tyson Chandler but he is not a cornerstone type player.

Jordan is what ignorant Shaq haters always claimed the he was...  All dunks, put backs, no go to moves in the post, and a complete liability at the FT line.  I don't know what in the hell Dallas thought they were getting with him for 88 mil.  They were not going to be really good with him, and they won't be very good without him, but at least they don't have max type money locked up on a player like him.  Not to be a homer, but Timofey Mosgov is an infinitely better center than Deandre Jordan.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 05:49 PM)jason Wrote:  Not to be a homer, but Timofey Mosgov is an infinitely better center than Deandre Jordan.

This is just insane. Jordan averaged over twice as many rebounds (15.0 to 7.3) and almost twice as many blocks (2.2 to 1.2) as Mosgov.

Mosgov is not even in Jordan's class as a defender, and not every team needs offense from the center. But Jordan even averaged more points than Mosgov.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 12:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is just insane.  Jordan averaged over twice as many rebounds (15.0 to 7.3) and almost twice as many blocks (2.2 to 1.2) as Mosgov.

Mosgov is not even in Jordan's class as a defender, and not every team needs offense from the center.  But Jordan even averaged more points than Mosgov.
Mozgov can make free throws and isn't a liability in the 4th quarter. Also Mozgov is what the 4th or 5th option on his team vs Jordan who is the third. I agree that Jordan is better but he is also a bigger liability to his team then Mozgov is.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 12:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is just insane.  Jordan averaged over twice as many rebounds (15.0 to 7.3) and almost twice as many blocks (2.2 to 1.2) as Mosgov.

Mosgov is not even in Jordan's class as a defender, and not every team needs offense from the center.  But Jordan even averaged more points than Mosgov.

As sucky as it is, opposing teams can literally pull Jordan out of the game.  I can't remember a player so inept at the line (maybe Ben Wallace?). Jordan played 34.4 mpg last season. Mosgov (25.2 mpg) splits time with Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love so those rebounding numbers are a little deceiving.  Deandre Jordan is a superior rebounder when compared to Mosgov, but in a pick up game, I'm picking Timofey before him....  The only insanity is paying Deandre Jordan a guaranteed max contract.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 02:47 PM)jason Wrote: As sucky as it is, opposing teams can literally pull Jordan out of the game.  I can't remember a player so inept at the line (maybe Ben Wallace?). Jordan played 34.4 mpg last season. Mosgov (25.2 mpg) splits time with Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love so those rebounding numbers are a little deceiving.  Deandre Jordan is a superior rebounder when compared to Mosgov, but in a pick up game, I'm picking Timofey before him....  The only insanity is paying Deandre Jordan a guaranteed max contract.

Mozgov  played even better in the playoffs.  He has a sweet FT stroke for a big.  He fits in nicely with what the Cavs are doing.  
Reply/Quote
Hey J24...  I just saw your boy Stainbrook playing in  the summer league for Golden State.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 09:28 PM)jason Wrote: Hey J24...  I just saw your boy Stainbrook playing in  the summer league for Golden State.

Sweet! How did he play/did he play?
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 01:19 AM)J24 Wrote: Sweet! How did he play/did he play?
I saw it from across the room while I was out to eat with no volume. He was definitely getting minutes.  I just noticed him, and Aaron Craft on the same team.  I could tell Willie Caulie- Stein was tearing it up for the Kings.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So when the Nuggets drafted a PG (Mudiay) I had hope that they could trade Tyrone Lawson (their only really good player) for another star. But after Lawson got arrested again last week they traded him to the Rockets for some back ups.

I became a Nuggets fan back in the 90's when I lived in Colorado for a few years. They, like the Bengals, were the laughingstock of their league for many years. They had a few good years a while back, but they look to be stuck back at the bottom of the league again.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So when the Nuggets drafted a PG (Mudiay) I had hope that they could trade Tyrone Lawson (their only really good player) for another star.  But after Lawson got arrested again last week they traded him to the Rockets for some back ups.

I became a Nuggets fan back in the 90's when I lived in Colorado for a few years.  They, like the Bengals, were the laughingstock of their league for many years.  They had a few good years a while back, but they look to be stuck back at the bottom of the league again.
I think that they could have gotten a lot more for him.  Mudiay is supposed to be legit (I've never seen him), but I don't know what he can do when Faried (if they still even have him) is his best teammate.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Cavs signed Richard Jefferson today Good signing gives us another 6-7 guy who can guard and shoot the three. I hope we see more small lineups this season from the Cavs.
J24

Reply/Quote