All starting five
PG- Steph
SG- Jordan
F- Lebron
F-Durant
C-Duncan
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I guess all I've done is comment on other's teams

First Team
PG: Magic Johnson
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Larry Bird
PF: LeBron James
C: Wilt Chamberlain

Most Entertaining Team
PG: Steve Nash
SG: Allen Iverson
SF: Vince Carter
PF: Shawn Kemp
C: Shaquille O'Neal
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Tiger

My team starts with the great Larry Bird! F

The greatest PG ever!

The GOAT SG

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 07:05 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... I was honestly trying to be clownish because that list I quoted was silly. McHale was the complete big man of his era. Dude's list had two legit guys though. Stockton's assist record will never be touched, and Bird was every bit as great as LeBron.

I mean if those are his faves they're his faves... The common thread was just too ridiculous. Rick Barry?... C'mon man.

Those of us who've been around forever know exactly who that guy was.

are you saying barry is not legit. he was a free trhow machine and fun to watch shoot them. walton is ranked 39 all time. dirk is 6 all time in scoring. these guys were my team of favorites to watch play the game. i dint see how they aint legit. and bird and stockton are just greatness. are you kidding. they were all super fun in what they did for there teams and how they went about the game. hard tp name a 5 guy team but they were my favorites,

also loved watching the dream, dr j, lambier, dominiqe, malone, yoa ming and pistol pete
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 10:18 PM)Leon Wrote: are you saying barry is not legit. he was a free trhow machine and fun to watch shoot them. walton is ranked 39 all time. dirk is 6 all time in scoring. these guys were my team of favorites to watch play the game. i dint see how they aint legit. and bird and stockton are just greatness. are you kidding. they were all super fun in what they did for there teams and how they went about the game. hard tp name a 5 guy team but they were my favorites,

also loved watching the dream, dr j, lambier, dominiqe, malone, yoa ming and pistol pete

If they're your favorites, they're your favorites. I took this thread as a "greatest" not favorites though. You're right though... John Stockton is slept on because of his size, and quite frankly his skin color. Nobody is gonna touch his assist record... Nobody. He has a very valid argument as the best PG ever. Bird's run in the mid 80s when I was a kid is as great as anybody who ever played. I can't give Dirk the nod over Duncan, Malone, or Barkley though (Barkley's best years actually compare favorably to Duncan). Honestly I'd probably take McHale over Dirk too. Dirk did change the game though.

My favorites just to watch were...

Shaq
Shawn Kemp
Scottie Pippen
Vince Carter
Steve Nash
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 10:55 PM)jason Wrote: If they're your favorites, they're your favorites. I took this thread as a "greatest" not favorites though. You're right though... John Stockton is slept on because of his size, and quite frankly his skin color. Nobody is gonna touch his assist record... Nobody. He has a very valid argument as the best PG ever. Bird's run in the mid 80s when I was a kid is as great as anybody who ever played. I can't give Dirk the nod over Duncan, Malone, or Barkley though (Barkley's best years actually compare favorably to Duncan). Honestly I'd probably take McHale over Dirk too. Dirk did change the game though.

My favorites just to watch were...

Shaq
Shawn Kemp
Scottie Pippen
Vince Carter
Steve Nash

thats a fun list. how can you not love shaq. i was never a pippen fan or jordan fan for that matter,, even though hes probaly greatest ever. i always tought kemp was under rated
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 11:03 PM)Leon Wrote: thats a fun list. how can you not love shaq. i was never a pippen fan or jordan fan for that matter,, even though hes probaly greatest ever. i always tought kemp was under rated

Yeah... Kemp's prime was short, but he was a serious problem during those years. He was the true MVP of the 96 finals when they lost to the Bulls. Dennis Rodman had no answers.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 12:26 AM)jason Wrote: Yeah... Kemp's prime was short, but he was a serious problem during those years. He was the true MVP of the 96 finals when they lost to the Bulls. Dennis Rodman had no answers.

yessir. him and payton were heck of a duo. to bad he never got a ring. dont know of you ever gotta watch bernard king but he was a monster that got his knee shreded and had other injuries. if you didnt get to see him catch some of his highlights. 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 10:47 PM)jason Wrote: I guess all I've done is comment on other's teams

First Team
PG: Magic Johnson
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Larry Bird
PF: LeBron James
C: Wilt Chamberlain

Most Entertaining Team
PG: Steve Nash
SG: Allen Iverson
SF: Vince Carter
PF: Shawn Kemp
C: Shaquille O'Neal

Knowing that you were a Sonics fan it's really hard to not see you mention Payton.

Not only did he give opposing teams fits by his defense he had quite the mouth/personality.

My high-point of watching NBA basketball were the Sonics late 80s through all of the 90s and Gary was the highlight...  even with "Kemp bringing it down with the Tomahawk jam!!".  Damn I miss those days of Kevin Colabro calling those epic game.

So glad to see Payton be put into the hall of fame as he is so deserving of the honor as being "The Glove" was no easy task.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 10:00 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Knowing that you were a Sonics fan it's really hard to not see you mention Payton.

Not only did he give opposing teams fits by his defense he had quite the mouth/personality.

My high-point of watching NBA basketball were the Sonics late 80s through all of the 90s and Gary was the highlight...  even with "Kemp bringing it down with the Tomahawk jam!!".  Damn I miss those days of Kevin Colabro calling those epic game.

So glad to see Payton be put into the hall of fame as he is so deserving of the honor as being "The Glove" was no easy task.

I mean I pulled for the Warriors this year I'm the finals... The reason being; Gary Payton Jr.

And yeah... Kevin Colabro was the shit. "Big Smooth you so heavy".

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 12:55 AM)Leon Wrote: yessir. him and payton were heck of a duo. to bad he never got a ring. dont know of you ever gotta watch bernard king but he was a monster that got his knee shreded and had other injuries. if you didnt get to see him catch some of his highlights. 

I remember the tail end of Bernard King's career with the Knicks... In those early Patrick Ewing days. Then he moved on (had to look up to who) to the Bullets. I lost track of him from there.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 10:13 AM)jason Wrote: I remember the tail end of Bernard King's career with the Knicks...

In '84 Kings Knicks played the Pistons in the playoffs.  King went nuts.  Through the first 4 games he averaged 42.3 points per game.  The decisive game five was moved to Joe Lewis Arena because of some problem with the Silverdome.  Joe Lewis Arena was a hockey facility and did not have air conditioning.  It was over 110 degrees during the game.  King played 41 minutes scored 44 points with 12 rebounds to lead the Knicks to the series victory.

I think that series got him into the Hall of Fame.  It was an epic performance.
Reply/Quote