Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Finals Predictions
It warmed my heart to watch a cleveland team lose the championship in their own building.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 12:58 AM)DaltontoKroftSBchamps Wrote: Congratulations to the Warriors, first championship since 1975.  Golden State was the best team in the best conference.  Could this be the start of a dynasty?

No there not going to be a dynasty. Hell they got lucky that every team in the west got hurt this season. Oklahoma is going to sweep them next season in the second round.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 03:07 AM)J24 Wrote: No there not going to be a dynasty. Hell they got lucky that every team in the west got hurt this season.  Oklahoma is going to sweep them next season in the second round.

I don't know that you can call what they did this season "luck".  You don't luck into having the third most wins in a season all time.  The only two teams that have won more games in a single season are the 95-96 Bulls and the 96-97 Bulls.  That's pretty good company.  Still, after one championship, calling them a possible dynasty is extreme. 

Even if OKC were healthy all year, I'm still not sure that they're better than the Warriors were.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cleveland was playing Lebron with a bunch of backup players due to injuries. They'll be back next year. Golden State outplayed them.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 02:19 AM)Beaker Wrote: It warmed my heart to watch a cleveland team lose the championship in their own building.

If it's from the town of brown, flush it down. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I root for and against teams, not cities as a whole... I like the NBA, and I like players from Ohio in general.  So when LeBron was drafted by Cleveland they became my NBA team.  I was briefly a fan of the Cavs in the late 90s after they got Shawn Kemp, but he started snortin' blow and drinking heavy and that was that.  I rooted for the Indians in 95 and 97 because let's face it... When are their games against my Reds ever gonna matter?  I root against the Browns because they are in the AFC North, but I have no problem with Cleveland as a whole.

Now, I hate to do this because I can't stand when some of us claim the Bengals were gonna win it all in 05 til Carson went down (they were not), but the Cavs win that series with Love, Kyrie, and Varejao.  Even with just Kyrie healthy they may have.  They put up a hell of a fight with LeBron and a buncha castoffs from the Knicks.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 09:02 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I don't know that you can call what they did this season "luck".  You don't luck into having the third most wins in a season all time.  The only two teams that have won more games in a single season are the 95-96 Bulls and the 96-97 Bulls.  That's pretty good company.  Still, after one championship, calling them a possible dynasty is extreme. 

Even if OKC were healthy all year, I'm still not sure that they're better than the Warriors were.
OKC sweeps them. Westbrook shuts down curry and Durant destroys Thompson. If love and Irving are playing we sweep them. The Spurs and Clippers beat them pretty in 6 and Houston beats them if Beverly is healthy. If you know the NBA you know teams can pile up wins when they want. A lot of teams take it easy in the regular season.
J24

Reply/Quote
Man what a series...my uncle died about a month ago and I was hoping the Cavaliers would go all the way for him. He was a huge Cavaliers/Cleveland fan. But at least they put up a good series with all the injuries they had.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 09:41 AM)magikod Wrote: Man what a series...my uncle died about a month ago and I was hoping the Cavaliers would go all the way for him. He was a huge Cavaliers/Cleveland fan. But at least they put up a good series with all the injuries they had.

First off I am Sorry about your loss.. I am proud of these guys they put up a fight like no other it was like an NBA version of 300!
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 04:00 PM)J24 Wrote: First off I am Sorry about your loss.. I am proud of these guys they put up a fight like no other it was like an NBA version of 300!

I know right, they put up a fight until the end!! At least the series was entertaining to watch.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 04:00 PM)J24 Wrote: First off I am Sorry about your loss.. I am proud of these guys they put up a fight like no other it was like an NBA version of 300!

LeBron said :sparta:
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 09:22 PM)J24 Wrote: OKC sweeps them. Westbrook shuts down curry and Durant destroys Thompson. If love and Irving are playing we sweep them. The Spurs and Clippers beat them pretty in 6 and Houston beats them if Beverly is healthy. If you know the NBA you know teams can pile up wins when they want.  A lot of teams take it easy in the regular season.

NBA teams battle all during the regular season to get home team advantage in the playoffs.

Your claim that Beverly makes a 35 point difference in a playoff game is absurd.  Houston was 0-4 against GS in the regular season and never even came within 10 points of beating them.

Clippers were 1-3 against GS in the regular season.

OKC was 1-3 against GS in the regular season.  In 3 of those 4 games both Durant and Westbrooks played.

You have no clue what you are talking about.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 01:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: NBA teams battle all during the regular season to get home team advantage in the playoffs.

Your claim that Beverly makes a 35 point difference in a playoff game is absurd.  Houston was 0-4 against GS in the regular season and never even came within 10 points of beating them.

Clippers were 1-3 against GS in the regular season.

OKC was 1-3 against GS in the regular season.  In 3 of those 4 games both Durant and Westbrooks played.

You have no clue what you are talking about.
1.) your saying one of the best defensive PGs in the NBA wouldn't have made a difference? Please he would have gave Steph a ton of problems in that series. You also forgetting that the other 4 games in the series were pretty close as well. 
2.) the Cavs lost 3 out of 4 to Hawks in the regular season yet had no problem sweeping them in the conference finals . The regular season matchups mean very little if anything when it comes to the playoffs.  Spurs, Clippers, and OKC all have better players and would have no problem beating the Warriors. 

J24

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 03:52 AM)J24 Wrote:  Spurs, Clippers, and OKC all have better players and would have no problem beating the Warriors. 

So for some reason they just decided that they did not want to beat the Warriors?

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. 
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 07:31 PM)jason Wrote: LeBron said :sparta:

This is true, LeBron was like a spartan out there during the playoffs. 
He went straight up beast mode, but he can only do so much.
The Warriors had a much more balanced team.
If only Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving and Wild Thing were healthy this team would have been unstoppable.
I'm still proud of the Cavaliers for at least making the finals competitive and interesting!
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 10:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So for some reason they just decided that they did not want to beat the Warriors?

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. 

You Cleary can't get the concept that the regular season means jackshit when it comes to the playoffs.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 02:13 AM)J24 Wrote: You Cleary can't get the concept that the regular season means jackshit when it comes to the playoffs.

Because that is not true.

You must be one of those guys that doesn't even watch the NBA until the playoffs start.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 10:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because that is not true.

You must be one of those guys that doesn't even watch the NBA until the playoffs start.

Who can blame him, I suffered through 82 Hornets games last year and honestly it just became a chore with that many games. Watch when you feel like it and follow online then if your lucky enough to make the playoffs that's when it gets exciting again.

I just watched the Hornets draft another skinny white Center that probably ends up doing jack shit. Been through this with Zeller, sure he is average but thats it and I swear I have never seen a guy get slapped to the ground on like 90% of his dunks. Sorry about the mini rant I just can't believe we just passed on Justice Winslow for Kaminsky. 

I guess I just have a thing for suffering with the Hornets and Bengals  Cry
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 11:32 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Who can blame him, I suffered through 82 Hornets games last year and honestly it just became a chore with that many games. Watch when you feel like it and follow online then if your lucky enough to make the playoffs that's when it gets exciting again.

I just watched the Hornets draft another skinny white Center that probably ends up doing jack shit. Been through this with Zeller, sure he is average but thats it and I swear I have never seen a guy get slapped to the ground on like 90% of his dunks. Sorry about the mini rant I just can't believe we just passed on Justice Winslow for Kaminsky. 

I guess I just have a thing for suffering with the Hornets and Bengals  Cry
MJ clearly has no clue what he's doing as an executive.

Kwame Brown, Adam Morrison, Kemba Walker, Zeller, Kaminsky.... Shall I go on.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 02:25 PM)jason Wrote: MJ clearly has no clue what he's doing as an executive.

Kwame Brown, Adam Morrison, Kemba Walker, Zeller, Kaminsky.... Shall I go on.

He doesn't.

Don't get me wrong guys like Kemba and Zeller are solid players and Frank may be as well but we continually pass on high potential players for college success.

The only bright spot of the offseason is the fact we unloaded Henderson(king of the deep 2) and Lance for some solid talent in Hawes, Lamb and Batum. We may have a team that can compete for the 8 seed in a weak division and just be stuck in mediocrity.
Reply/Quote