Poll: Who wins the finals?
Cavaliers
Warriors
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Finals Thread
Thumbs Up 
Who do you guys think is going to win the finals?

I honestly think the Cavaliers will win in 6 or 7, LeBron is on a mission haha
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I think the core of the warriors will be too much for the cavs. They had them at 3-1 last year, so i wouldn't be surprised to even see them win it in 5, but ill say warriors in 6. 
Reply/Quote
I am not going to vote in this pole because I am just responding to it two games in the finals. With that being said this Warrior team might be the best team ever assembled.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 01:35 AM)J24 Wrote: I am not going to vote in this pole because I am just responding to it two games in the finals. With that being said this Warrior team might be the best team ever assembled.

If they take care of the Cavs as easily as it looks like they will, then this will have been the least exciting NBA season of all time. Gotta Love a league with two teams. Especially when one of them can crush the other.... That's some compelling stuff right there. Having said that; is it time to go get Carmelo in the off-season?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 08:52 AM)jason Wrote: If they take care of the Cavs as easily as it looks like they will, then this will have been the least exciting NBA season of all time. Gotta Love a league with two teams. Especially when one of them can crush the other.... That's some compelling stuff right there. Having said that; is it time to go get Carmelo in the off-season?

Durant going to the Warriors made them way to Good. I know there have been loaded teams in the past but their unbeatable. I think if Durant stayed with the Thunder they beat Golden State as well but he left and now we will never know... I don't know if Carmelo is the answer but the Cavs will have to make a big move.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 09:34 AM)J24 Wrote: Durant going to the Warriors made them way to Good. I know there have been loaded teams in the past but their unbeatable. I think if Durant stayed with the Thunder they beat Golden State as well but he left and now we will never know... I don't know if Carmelo is the answer but the Cavs will have to make a big move.

Carmelo is the best available option. I don't think Chris Paul helps much. The key is going to be getting Anthony without giving up Love. I don't know how they do that, but you know the thought is already in Carmelo's head.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
When are they going to start calling traveling in the NBA? Dribbles are palm balls now and since when can you start at mid court for a slam dunk? The NBA has just become another circus show IMO.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Thru two games, LeBron is averaging a triple double 28/13/11. Irving and Love both averaging 21.

JR Smith has 3 points in 42 minutes on the floor. Korver has 8 points in 43 minutes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Perhaps we should redirect the focus of this thread to; Do the Cavs get swept, or do they pull off an upset one game?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 04:03 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Thru two games, LeBron is averaging a triple double 28/13/11. Irving and Love both averaging 21.

JR Smith has 3 points in 42 minutes on the floor. Korver has 8 points in 43 minutes.

Kyrie needs to get it going. He has to punish Curry offensively. Derrick Williams needs more minutes too. They may even think about inserting him into the starting line up. Tristan Thompson has been weak.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 04:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps we should redirect the focus of this thread to;  Do the Cavs get swept, or do they pull off an upset one game?

The Cavs will win 2. Durant is just to much of an addition to an already great team for them to win more.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 08:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Cavs will win 2. Durant is just to much of an addition to an already great team for them to win more.

I hope you're right.  I have a lot of friends back in Ohio that are pulling for the Cavs.  Personally, I don't see it happening.  Especially since Erving is hurt.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 11:20 AM)jason Wrote: Carmelo is the best available option. I don't think Chris Paul helps much. The key is going to be getting Anthony without giving up Love. I don't know how they do that, but you know the thought is already in Carmelo's head.
Does Carmelo give us a better chance though? If we give up love I would hope it would be for either Butler or George. However if we don't give up love then I would hope we could get a better defender than Anthony. We need someone that can physically match up with Durant and can slow him down.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 09:13 PM)J24 Wrote: Does Carmelo give us a better chance though? If we give up love I would hope it would be for either Butler or George. However if we don't give up love then I would hope we could get a better defender than Anthony. We need someone that can physically match up with Durant and can slow him down.

We both know Carmelo can't do that. We do know that he can score like nobody's business though. I don't want to lose Love either. Hell it's taken him this long to finally produce at his old level. Would I like Paul George in Cleveland? Hell yes. Hes gonna get max money though. Carmelo on the other hand is on the back nine of his career, hasn't accomplished shit in the NBA, and knows that he's going to be judged so harshly when people look back on this era. He'd have to give up a lot to do it, but he and James are boys. You can't double off of anybody on GS. Carmelo would do that for the Cavs. He would would improve the second unit too. It's amazing how bad the Cavs are when LeBron is on the bench.

There's really no one who came match up with Durant defensively. So there's no need to let a player's inability to do that disqualify them.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
LeBron needs to stop trying to shoot 3's and drive to the hoop. That goes for 90% of our team as well.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
The NBA is in serious trouble because the warriors are going to win the next three or 4 titles if the Cavs do nothing. On the other hand if the Cavs do make a big deal for either Butler, George, or Anthony then a third of the All Star team will be on two teams which is also bad. The biggest winner from the NBA playoffs is the NHL.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 08:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I hope you're right.  I have a lot of friends back in Ohio that are pulling for the Cavs.  Personally, I don't see it happening.  Especially since Erving is hurt.

You were right Sunset

I honestly thought the Cavs would win at home with a tieeny tiny bit of authority. I had no delusions they would win it all.

Cleveland needs another top tier player and some depth/help from the bench to compete with GS. 
Reply/Quote
Well, ****... Now it's just down to waiting for the Reds to fall off the cliff for 90 some days until football starts.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Too early?

[Image: 18951118_10155007342709998_7623532781538...e=59E353AE]

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2017, 07:46 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You were right Sunset

I honestly thought the Cavs would win at home with a tieeny tiny bit of authority. I had no delusions they would win it all.

Cleveland needs another top tier player and some depth/help from the bench to compete with GS. 

That's going to be a lot harder then it looks. They don't have much outside of the Big three to make a move. I could see them getting someone but it's going to take a lot of reshuffling at this point.
J24

Reply/Quote