Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Playoffs
Might be making this thread just to talk to myself but here are some thoughts so far on the playoffs (Note: I'm a lifelong Suns fan):
  • Deandre Ayton is done in Phoenix if he doesn't get his shit together.  All hail the thunder from down under Jock Lindale!
  • GSW vs LAL would be such a great series if it wasn't for the incessant bitching after every whistle by LeBron, Klay, and Green
  • I love that the Knicks are competitive again, even if they aren't going anywhere.  
  • I think PHX beats DEN and (hope) LAL beats GSW.  As much as I loathe the Lakers I just cannot stand Golden State...mostly Kerr, Green, and Klay.  
  • I think it's f'd up the Bucks fired Budenholzer 2 years removed from the NBA championship
  • As of right now I like BOS vs PHX in the finals to have a rematch on their epic 1976 showdown....well my mom claims it was epic.  I wasn't alive to see it.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
New thoughts:

-If Monty Williams isn’t fired by the time I wake up, bad things may happen

-Ayton has played his last game as a Sun

-CP3 has played his last game as a Sun

-There is literally no excuse for a shit show like this to happen in back to back years. Especially with KD on the team

-I think I’m gonna hop on the Nuggets bandwagon
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 12:35 AM)basballguy Wrote: New thoughts:

-If Monty Williams isn’t fired by the time I wake up, bad things may happen

-Ayton has played his last game as a Sun

-CP3 has played his last game as a Sun

-There is literally no excuse for a shit show like this to happen in back to back years.  Especially with KD on the team

-I think I’m gonna hop on the Nuggets bandwagon

I'm hoping CP3 stays makes next season his swan song, though he's definitely declining. I'm still so pissed they couldn't beat the Bucks to get him his championship. He probably never will now. Ayton was ***** useless. Nuggets are boring, but the heck with LeBron he's the last player in the league I'd want to see win. Crowning himself king winning a game that merely got them into the play in game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 03:56 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I'm hoping CP3 stays makes next season his swan song, though he's definitely declining. I'm still so pissed they couldn't beat the Bucks to get him his championship. He probably never will now. Ayton was ***** useless. Nuggets are boring, but the heck with LeBron he's the last player in the league I'd want to see win. Crowning himself king winning a game that merely got them into the play in game.

Those play-in celebrations are comical.  I think last year or the year before it was Pat Bev going batshit crazy after getting the W.  

Monty Williams is like Marvin Lewis in a way....dude can't coach big games to save his life...but the players love him.  
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 10:36 AM)basballguy Wrote: Those play-in celebrations are comical.  I think last year or the year before it was Pat Bev going batshit crazy after getting the W.  

Monty Williams is like Marvin Lewis in a way....dude can't coach big games to save his life...but the players love him.  

Doc Rivers is about to blow another postseason lead. And I really would like to see the 76ers win that series.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 03:34 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Doc Rivers is about to blow another postseason lead. And I really would like to see the 76ers win that series.

Being a Celtics fan, I know the feeling from both sides of the Doc Rivers coin...lordy.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 11:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Being a Celtics fan, I know the feeling from both sides of the Doc Rivers coin...lordy.

Doc Rivers is a punk ass *****.  Dude gets picked off by a screen and proceeds to attack a guy.  Joey Porter level trash. 

:)

Though, in hindsight, it turns out Kevin Johnson is also a punk ass ***** but for different reasons.  

video for the uninitiated:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTds-b2v14U
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 12:08 AM)basballguy Wrote: Doc Rivers is a punk ass *****.  Dude gets picked off by a screen and proceeds to attack a guy.  Joey Porter level trash. 

:)

Though, in hindsight, it turns out Kevin Johnson is also a punk ass ***** but for different reasons.  

video for the uninitiated:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTds-b2v14U

Bonus points for mostly Celtic Danny Ainge being involved and ejected in that scrum.  Well, at least Doc won that title in 08 in Boston, though seeing him blow that lead in the finals against the Lakers was pretty awful.  So it goes.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 12:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Bonus points for mostly Celtic Danny Ainge being involved and ejected in that scrum.  Well, at least Doc won that title in 08 in Boston, though seeing him blow that lead in the finals against the Lakers was pretty awful.  So it goes.

Danny Ainge is also a monster lol.  I remember him chunking a ball at someone's head.....(looking for video)....oh against Mario Elie.  That rockets team f'd up the Suns in back to back years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xtzUJeG84Y 

90s NBA was something else.  
Reply/Quote
I'm rooting for the Nuggets. I was living in Colorado when they drafted Jokic and Murray. I hope the dudes can win it all.
Reply/Quote
Whelp Monty got canned, thank God. Now my armchair GM/coaching self says:

Dump: Payne, Shamet, Ayton, (maybe CP3)
Sign: Literally anyone that doesn't carry their balls in a hand bag

This will probably end up backfiring and the Suns acquire Pat Bev, Draymond Green, or Westbrook...

DEN vs LAL is gonna be a battle of flops and crying.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 12:37 PM)basballguy Wrote: DEN vs LAL is gonna be a battle of flops and crying.

Hilarious You are 100% correct and the it favors the Lakers because the league wants LeBron in the finals. My boy Jokic is going to do that "what gives" open arms expression and get ignored by the refs every single time.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 12:37 PM)basballguy Wrote: Whelp Monty got canned, thank God.  Now my armchair GM/coaching self says:

Dump: Payne, Shamet, Ayton, (maybe CP3)
Sign: Literally anyone that doesn't carry their balls in a hand bag

This will probably end up backfiring and the Suns acquire Pat Bev, Draymond Green, or Westbrook...

DEN vs LAL is gonna be a battle of flops and crying.

I know Draymond is a ***** but isn't he still really good defensively?
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2023, 11:56 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I know Draymond is a ***** but isn't he still really good defensively?

He got 2nd team all nba defensive…since I’m a hater he got it by name only.

I hate on him because he’s basically a doc rivers or Anthony mason who thinks he’a good at basketball. He’s a liability and absolutely costed GSW multiple games this playoffs
Reply/Quote
[Image: d28dac9c-d8e0-4e9b-9caa-4384fe25e758_1140x641.jpg]

Hopefully Wemba is as great as they say (and most importantly stays healthy) and perhaps the Spurs can return to prominence.
Reply/Quote
I gotta say I’ve been in the camp that Denver was not built for a playoff run (based on what we’ve seen in previous years) but the way Murray stepped up along with how unstoppable Jokic is had me rethink everything.

I don’t see how Denver doesn’t win it all.
Reply/Quote
LeBron hinting like he might be done (which many athletes do across all sports) so no knock on him. We’ve all contemplated our careers in the late 30s.

I don’t think there’s any way he retires…dude cares too much about what his legacy may look like….and he’s also still one of the best players in the league. He’s got a lot left in the tank.

As for Denver, I can’t believe how wrong I’ve been about Denver and Jokic over the last few years. I’ve always pegged Jokic and the nuggets pretty similar to Embiid and the 6ers. Built to be regular season tryhards and nothing more.

Since I’m in Denver now I’m gonna pickup a ticket to the finals so I can say I saw Jokics greatness firsthand.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2023, 01:39 PM)basballguy Wrote: I gotta say I’ve been in the camp that Denver was not built for a playoff run (based on what we’ve seen in previous years) but the way Murray stepped up along with how unstoppable Jokic is had me rethink everything.

Because....Jimmy Butler.  The guy just knows how to win and livei n the big moments.

One a side note, for anyone still thinking the NBA is rigged, I don't think it takes a keen observer to reflect that what the NBA wanted was Lakers/Celtics and not Denver/Miami.  Both Lakers/Celtics getting swept out of the playoffs looks very likely ATM.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2023, 01:39 PM)basballguy Wrote: I gotta say I’ve been in the camp that Denver was not built for a playoff run (based on what we’ve seen in previous years) but the way Murray stepped up along with how unstoppable Jokic is had me rethink everything.

I want them to win it all, but they'll be facing Jimmy Butler. I hope it's a good series. 
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 07:47 AM)Stewy Wrote: Because....Jimmy Butler.  The guy just knows how to win and livei n the big moments.

(05-23-2023, 09:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I want them to win it all, but they'll be facing Jimmy Butler. I hope it's a good series. 

Jimmy Butler is an absolute gem. I think it’ll be great watching them battle.
Reply/Quote