Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Playoffs
(05-23-2023, 03:23 AM)basballguy Wrote: LeBron hinting like he might be done (which many athletes do across all sports) so no knock on him. We’ve all contemplated our careers in the late 30s.

I don’t think there’s any way he retires…dude cares too much about what his legacy may look like….and he’s also still one of the best players in the league. He’s got a lot left in the tank.

As for Denver, I can’t believe how wrong I’ve been about Denver and Jokic over the last few years. I’ve always pegged Jokic and the nuggets pretty similar to Embiid and the 6ers. Built to be regular season tryhards and nothing more.

Since I’m in Denver now I’m gonna pickup a ticket to the finals so I can say I saw Jokics greatness firsthand.

I think Lebron hints at being done this year to start his “last run” season this year before actually hanging it up. Plus his son is going to be playing college ball right down the road.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The heck with LeBron AND the Lakers

Looks like it will be Miami vs Denver in Championship. That is a battle of 2 very good Centers. Nikola Jokic who won NBA MVP 2 years before this one is awesome. He was HUGE in beating Lebron and Lakers 4 games to 0.

I haven't watched NBA in years, but I think I may watch some of The Championship. Bam from Kentucky is a good Center, but Jokic is better. I look for Denver and Jokic to win The Championship, but I'm not ruling out also good Miami. This could be a very good Championship Series. Do they have this on CBS or NBC or ABC, or is it on some cable network. You would think like Super Bowl or World Series it would be on a major network like CBS, ABC, NBC or FOX and not on TNT or TBS

Nilola Jokic is the dominate player lately, not LeBron getting old. Jokic and Denver are 12 wins and only 3 losses in play-offs. They swept the Lakers. They have a chance to rest up, while Miami has to play at Boston tonight. Miami is 3-1 against Boston, but at Boston could go to 3-2. If Miami wins tonight, they also are 12 wins and only 3 losses in play-offs. However if they lose tonight, that is in Denver's favor. In basketball championships it is good to have more days off and less games to play and some extra rest.

Looks like Denver vs Miami, which would be a good Championship, but Jokic is kind of like a Wilt Chamberlain or Bill Russell or Kareen Abdul Jabbar. Miami may be like Lakers and nobody to stop Denver's Big Guy in Jokic. Jokic can do it all, scores points, rebounds, assists, great at free throws if you foul him. At almost 7 feet tall and around 280 pounds, and still very athletic, no team really has had an answer on how to stop this Giant.

Could come down to who NBA has the most home games to in a 7 game series. Like hockey, it is hard to win on road ice. Home cooking is nice. Road wins hard to get. So it may come down to who has 4 home games and who has 3 in this NBA Championship.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 01:22 PM)kevin Wrote: The heck with LeBron AND the Lakers

Looks like it will be Miami vs Denver in Championship.  That is a battle of 2 very good Centers.  Nikola Jokic who won NBA MVP 2 years before this one is awesome. He was HUGE in beating Lebron and Lakers 4 games to 0.  

I haven't watched NBA in years, but I think I may watch some of The Championship.  Bam from Kentucky is a good Center, but Jokic is better.  I look for Denver and Jokic to win The Championship, but I'm not ruling out also good Miami.   This could be a very good Championship Series.  Do they have this on CBS or NBC or ABC, or is it on some cable network.  You would think like Super Bowl or World Series it would be on a major network like CBS, ABC, NBC or FOX and not on TNT or TBS

Nilola Jokic is the dominate player lately,  not LeBron getting old.   Jokic and Denver are 12 wins and only 3 losses in play-offs. They swept the Lakers.  They have a chance to rest up, while Miami has to play at Boston tonight.  Miami is 3-1 against Boston, but at Boston could go to 3-2.  If Miami wins tonight, they also are 12 wins and only 3 losses in play-offs.   However if they lose tonight, that is in Denver's favor.  In basketball championships it is good to have more days off and less games to play and some extra rest.

Looks like Denver vs Miami, which would be a good Championship, but Jokic is kind of like a Wilt Chamberlain or Bill Russell or Kareen Abdul Jabbar.  Miami may be like Lakers and nobody to stop Denver's Big Guy in Jokic. Jokic can do it all, scores points, rebounds, assists, great at free throws if you foul him.  At almost 7 feet tall and around 280 pounds, and still very athletic, no team really has had an answer on how to stop this Giant.

Could come down to who NBA has the most home games to in a 7 game series.  Like hockey, it is hard to win on road ice.  Home cooking is nice.  Road wins hard to get.  So it may come down to who has 4 home games and who has 3 in this NBA Championship.

Dever should win but Miami is just playing sooooo well right now, i wouldn't count them out by a long shot.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 05:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dever should win but Miami is just playing sooooo well right now, i wouldn't count them out by a long shot.

They need to finish off Boston soon. I already think Denver was going to beat them if they both swept the finals, but now that Boston might be taking 2 back I'm really leaning towards Denver.
Reply/Quote
***** Celtics. GTFO with that shit. Just go away already. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Game 7 is in Boston. Then good chance Boston comes back and beats Miami, after down 3 games to 1. Meanwhile Denver is getting rest, and that will help inn Championship. The fatigue will go against Boston or Miami and Denver has advantage on that.

Now if Miami wins tonight, Denver would have 4 home games in 7 game series in Championship. However if Boston wins, they have 4 home games in a 7 game Championship. So Denver fans should be hoping Miami pulls off the win AT BOSTON, which is a tough win. If it goes to a game 7, I'm sure Denver would rather be home. Also only getting 3 Home games means you Have to pull off a road win, but not if you have 4 Home games.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Lakers/Celtics just as the script dictated
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Denver has the upper hand. They are at home for game 1, and they are rested. Fatigue will set in on Miami who had to go 7 games to beat Boston, and on road in Boston and flying straight to Denver, living out of their suitcases. Plus Denver who CRUSHED Lakers 4 straight games is a very good team. Plus Denver would get 4 home games if it goes 7, but look for Denver to Win It All and not go 7 games. Denver has that Center that NBA doesn't have an answer for, as he won MVP last 2 years and a runner up this year. Points, Assists, Rebounds, and Free Throws if you foul him, Denver Center is Dominate. Lakers found that out. Around 7 foot tall, but wit weight at around 280 pounds, but with Athletic Skills to run the court and do it all. I don't see any stopping this Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Shaq type Center.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 10:48 AM)kevin Wrote: I don't see any stopping this Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Shaq type Center.

I don’t understand how someone can move so slow and still jukethe hell out of the guy guarding him. Dude is a freak….and his “basketball IQ” seems extraordinary.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 12:33 PM)basballguy Wrote: I don’t understand how someone can move so slow and still jukethe hell out of the guy guarding him.  Dude is a freak….and his “basketball IQ” seems extraordinary.

I was living in CO when they drafted Jokic and watched the local broadcasts for years before leaving the state. Even early on he always made the right basketball decision. It's clear he's also humble and the ultimate team-first guy. He doesn't care about his own stats, fame, accolades, and the such. It's all clicking now for Denver since Jokic has a healthy Murray to play with.

I badly want Jokic to get this title.
Reply/Quote
I have a hard time remembering his name, so I came up with a memory trick.

" Call Me JOKER ".....the line from the movie. Joker....Jokic ....easy memory trick.

Joker, I mean Jokic is around 7 feet tall and 280 pounds. He was NBA MVP last 2 years before this one. He scores a lot of points, but has a lot of assists, and has a lot of rebounds, but if you think you can just foul him, he hits almost all his free throws. The NBA has not figured out how to stop this Big Center who is as dominate as a Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Hakeem Olajuwan, or Shaq.

" Call Me JOKER ".
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Nuggets are 1 game away from winning it all.
Reply/Quote
Watching guys like Malone, Jokic, and Murray win the title made me realize how badly I want to see Zac, Burrow, Chase, and others win a Super Bowl.

Grats to the Nuggets!
Reply/Quote