Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Thread: The 2014-2015 Edition
The teams at the top of the East are just as good as teams out west. It's just considered the weaker conference because of the drop off after the top 2-3 teams. The East has been considered the weaker of the two for the better part of 20 years, but the Bulls were winning titles, and teams like Detroit, Indiana, & New York were beating the hell outta teams defensively.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Chris Paul, Blake Griffen, Doc Rivers...

OVERRATED!

I don't know how the hell they got through San Antonio, but they deserved what they got yesterday. That was horrible collapse.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 09:10 AM)jason Wrote: Chris Paul, Blake Griffen, Doc Rivers...

OVERRATED!

I don't know how the hell they got through San Antonio, but they deserved what they got yesterday.  That was horrible collapse.

Not sure who I want to come out of the West. If the Hawks can beat the Cavaliers I'll be happy with whoever wins the Finals. Love Steph Curry, James Harden, Dwight Howard, and a few of them Hawks players. Would love to see any of them get a ring.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 03:38 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Not sure who I want to come out of the West. If the Hawks can beat the Cavaliers I'll be happy with whoever wins the Finals. Love Steph Curry, James Harden, Dwight Howard, and a few of them Hawks players. Would love to see any of them get a ring.

I think GS will handle the Rockets in 5. I'm not big on the Rockets' 2 stars, but Trevor Ariza is one of my favorite players, and Cory Brewer is a sweet role player.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Lets go Cavaliers!! Next up: Atlanta Hawks!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
1-0 Cavs!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Blatt will never get any credit from casual fans or national media but his coaching has really shined in the playoffs. He picked apart Boston and Chicago with his adjustments, went in at half time and did the same thing to Atlantas coach of the year. It wouldn't have been as close if bran didn't stop all the movement twords the end. Expect the cavs to be heavy favorites to win it all next year, when this team returns at full strength.
Child please, kiss the baby.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 08:45 AM)Attackcat Wrote: Blatt will never get any credit from casual fans or national media but his coaching has really shined in the playoffs.  He picked apart Boston and Chicago with his adjustments,  went in at half time and did the same thing to Atlantas coach of the year.  It wouldn't have been as close if bran didn't stop all the movement twords the end.  Expect the cavs to be heavy favorites to win it all next year,  when this team returns at full strength.

Jury is still out on Blatt with me. Good Xs and Os guy, but at times (the Chris Webber timeout) the moment has looked to big for him. It doesn't seem that the players overly respect him either. I could be wrong about that. I'm not a body language expert.

Good win last night @ Atl. They just can't count on JR Smith to shoot 8-12 from three every game.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Golden State looks pretty tough.....

[Image: the-warriors.jpg]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The Warriors have had an amazing season and deserve the chip. Perfect ending for them this year. http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2015/05/21/cavs-defy-media-doubts-steal-hawks-homecourt-in-game-one-win# breakdown of the hawks cavs game and what blatt did to turn the hawks ball movement into teage playing bran ball. From the article above.
“We have a great coaching staff, first of all, that gives us a game plan,” said James in the post-game presser, noting the Hawks’ 4-23 (17%) 3-pointshooting. “Throughout these six days, we've kind of been balancing ways we can try to, not stop what they do, but just try to limit some of their touches, limit some of Kyle Korver's touches and some of their other three point shooters.

“We're the number one defensive team in the playoffs,” he continued. “It has a lot to do with when we go out, as a coaching staff, they give us the game plan, and for us as players, we go out and execute it. For us to win ultimately, we have to defend.”
Reply/Quote
Blatt out coaching the coach of the year again, just picking there offence apart. Impressive, if he does this to the Warriors in the finals with this crippled cavs team will he get credit then? Prolly not. No love, no Irving, shump hurt groin, bran hobbled, Andy down, James Jones broken finger, no problem for blatt.
Reply/Quote
2-0 Cavs. There rolling Lebron is proving he is worth every penny. David Griffin has done a remarkable job with puting together this roster.
J24

Reply/Quote
LeBron is carrying this team on his back!

I was worried early in the season, LeBron looked a lot slower/older out on the court.

But the playoffs are his time to shine, and he is proving that he is worth that contract still.

Imagine if Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving were playing?

Big Three? You mean King James? haha
Reply/Quote
Break down Game 2 hawks cavs http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2015/05/23/cavs-enjoy-hawks-fricassee-while-paving-the-way-to-the-nba-finals#fromMobile
Reply/Quote
Can't wait for Game 3 tonight in Cleveland!!

I say lets get the sweep, finish the series in Cleveland and give our players some much needed rest before the finals against the Warriors.

Hopefully Kyrie Irving is okay.
Reply/Quote
Lebrons the real MVP!
J24

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 03:01 AM)J24 Wrote: Lebrons the real MVP!

Yep... Put him on Minnesota, and they are in the West finals. He's the only player in the league that can walk onto a garbage team and turn it into a playoff team. Curry, Hardin, and Westbrook couldn't do that. Voter fatigue is the only reason that sorry award goes to anyone other than LeBron James...

Break out the brooms Atl...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 02:50 PM)jason Wrote: Yep... Put him on Minnesota, and they are in the West finals.  He's the only player in the league that can walk onto a garbage team and turn it into a playoff team.  Curry, Hardin, and Westbrook couldn't do that.  Voter fatigue is the only reason that sorry award goes to anyone other than LeBron James...

Break out the brooms Atl...

True; what irritates me most about it is that Curry might have the best supporting cast in the league and if either Thompson or Green got hurt that team would be in as much trouble if they lost Curry. If we lose Lebron were done for but he has shown he can carry the Cavs without Love and Irving.
J24

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 03:02 PM)J24 Wrote: True; what irritates me most about it is that Curry might have the best supporting cast in the league and if either Thompson or Green got hurt that team would be in as much trouble if they lost Curry.  If we lose Lebron were done for but he has shown he can carry the Cavs without Love and Irving.

If everyone is back next year, the Cavs win 66-68 games.

I'd love to see the Cavs record if Curry or Hardin or Westbrook or Durant for that matter joined the Cavs this past season... They'd be watching the playoffs just like we are.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 04:18 PM)jason Wrote: If everyone is back next year, the Cavs win 66-68 games.

I'd love to see the Cavs record if Curry or Hardin or Westbrook or Durant for that matter joined the Cavs this past season... They'd be watching the playoffs just like we are.
Heck even if it is just Lebron and Kyrie back with everyone else but Love will be a 66-68 win team. Honestly if we want to we could compete for a 70 game win season.
I think we would be a playoff team with any of those guys but doubt we would be up 3-0 against the Hawks at this point.
J24

Reply/Quote