Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Thread: The 2014-2015 Edition
Looks like anything less than a sweep for either side would be disappointing.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
Wait is someone actually trying to say that if you put bran on the wolves who had by far the worst offense and defense in the NBA he could carry them past the spurs, Warriors, clips or Rockets. Wow.
Child please, kiss the baby.
Reply/Quote
Mozgov is holding people to under 40% around the basket best rim protection in the playoffs and jr, shump and delly are all playing lights out defense and hitting their threes at a good clip and bran is the only reason the cavs are winning? I don't think some of you actually understand the game of basketball. This team is winning because of the defense and threes, they average 10 a game golden state averaging 11. Brans defense is no where near elite anymore unlike shump and I'm not even going to post what his three point percentage is(shocking low) and he gets all the credit? How many times this post season has the cavs bench extended or got a lead without bran, only to lose it again when he comes in and stops the ball movement. Bran is great, best player in the NBA but to say he is doing this alone is bs and bran would tell you that himself.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 09:21 AM)Attackcat Wrote: Mozgov is holding people to under 40% around the basket best rim protection in the playoffs and jr, shump and delly are all playing lights out defense and hitting their threes at a good clip and bran is the only reason the cavs are winning?  I don't think some of you actually understand the game of basketball.  This team is winning because of the defense and threes,  they average 10 a game golden state  averaging 11. Brans defense is no where near elite anymore unlike shump and I'm not even going to post what his three point percentage is(shocking low)  and he gets all the credit?  How many times this post season has the cavs bench extended or got a lead without bran,  only to lose it again when he comes in and stops the ball movement.  Bran is great,  best player in the NBA but to say he is doing this alone is bs and bran would tell you that himself.

Lebron is averaging 27.9 points, 10.5 rebounds, and 8.4 assists during the post season. Lebron is the Main reason why we are were we are this season. Shump and JR are good and all but wouldn't be this good without Lebron.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 09:14 AM)Attackcat Wrote: Wait  is someone actually trying to say that if you put bran on the wolves who had by far the worst offense and defense in the NBA he could carry them past the spurs, Warriors, clips or Rockets.  Wow.

That's exactly what I said...

Don't ever bring up the Bengals, I mean Clippers in a basketball discussion. LeBron, Wiggans, Young, Rubio, and KG in a walker would dismantle the Rockets. The Spurs are due for a rebuild.

I didn't say they'd come out of the West, just that they'd (the T Wolves + James) make the conference finals.... Every year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 09:21 AM)Attackcat Wrote: Mozgov is holding people to under 40% around the basket best rim protection in the playoffs and jr, shump and delly are all playing lights out defense and hitting their threes at a good clip and bran is the only reason the cavs are winning?  I don't think some of you actually understand the game of basketball.  This team is winning because of the defense and threes,  they average 10 a game golden state  averaging 11. Brans defense is no where near elite anymore unlike shump and I'm not even going to post what his three point percentage is(shocking low)  and he gets all the credit?  How many times this post season has the cavs bench extended or got a lead without bran,  only to lose it again when he comes in and stops the ball movement.  Bran is great,  best player in the NBA but to say he is doing this alone is bs and bran would tell you that himself.

What was their record without LeBron James again? I missed whoever said that he's doing it alone, but he is the only player in the NBA who can turn around any team that you put him on. JR Smith spent his career jacking up ill advised 3s. Shumpert was a nice player, but improved the second he got away from Melo and landed with 23. Delly would be going back and forth between the D league and 10 day contracts if he didn't play with LeBron. All 3 of them are getting the looks that they are because of LeBron. LeBron is the best player in the past 15 yrs... Only Tim Duncan is close.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 05:55 PM)jason Wrote: What was their record without LeBron James again?  I missed whoever said that he's doing it alone, but he is the only player in the NBA who can turn around any team that you put him on.  JR Smith spent his career jacking up ill advised 3s.  Shumpert was a nice player, but improved the second he got away from Melo and landed with 23.  Delly would be going back and forth between the D league and 10 day contracts if he didn't play with LeBron.  All 3 of them are getting the looks that they are because of LeBron.  LeBron is the best player in the past 15 yrs...  Only Tim Duncan is close.
try actually watching the games, don't just parrot tnt and espn. What was the team record without bran, shump, mozgov and jr, with dion waiters and Andy varejao as starters and only four players that had played together the previous year? Is it at all relevant? Different team completely. You have a major lack of basketball knowledge and Cleary are a highlights or box score watcher. Please continue to make yourself look foolish tho.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 05:45 PM)jason Wrote: That's exactly what I said...

Don't ever bring up the Bengals, I mean Clippers in a basketball discussion.  LeBron, Wiggans, Young, Rubio, and KG in a walker would dismantle the Rockets.  The Spurs are due for a rebuild.

I didn't say they'd come out of the West, just that they'd (the T Wolves + James) make the conference finals....  Every year.

Lol at taking a shot at the bengals,  the Rockets swept the cavs the year with James playing,  only team to do it.  Say whatever.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 08:55 AM)Attackcat Wrote: try actually watching the games,  don't just parrot tnt and espn.  What was the team record without bran,  shump,  mozgov and jr,  with dion waiters and Andy varejao as starters and only four players that had played together the previous year?  Is it at all relevant?  Different team completely.  You have a major lack of basketball knowledge and Cleary are a highlights or box score watcher.  Please continue to make yourself look foolish tho.

OK... Wink Hubie Brown over here.

Anyway... That (Eastern Conference Final) didn't take long.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 08:55 AM)Attackcat Wrote: try actually watching the games,  don't just parrot tnt and espn.  What was the team record without bran,  shump,  mozgov and jr,  with dion waiters and Andy varejao as starters and only four players that had played together the previous year?  Is it at all relevant?  Different team completely.  You have a major lack of basketball knowledge and Cleary are a highlights or box score watcher.  Please continue to make yourself look foolish tho.

Your boys are lighting it up in the Finals Rolleyes ...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Why don't you watch the games with your eyes open.

The entire offense is nothing but Bron holding the ball trying to draw the entire defense to him.  If they don't double him he tries to score.  If they do collapse on him he dishes the ball to a guy who is open becuase his man is on Bron.
Reply/Quote
David West ops out of his last year with the Pacers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lebron opts out, Kevin Love opts out, and JR smith opts out.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2015, 11:53 PM)J24 Wrote: Lebron opts out, Kevin Love opts out, and JR smith opts out.

LeBron will be back.  This is just about money.  If he left Cleveland after that letter he wrote last year he would be crucified.

If Love is smart he will come back also.  But there is so much "behind the scenes" stuff with him I have no Idea what is really going on.

The biggest question is what LeBron does about the coaching situation.  Does he keep Blatt or replace him?
Reply/Quote
Started a new thread to discuss the '15 off season because it has more to do with the '15-'16 season than '14-'15.
Reply/Quote