Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA, can Reds & MLB be next ?
NBA just suspended rest of season over Corona Virus. President was just on all TV Channels in Prime Time over the virus. Bengals and Reds are not islands unto themselves. This could effect Baseball season. If I'm Bengals or any NFL owner, I may not spend many millions on free agents at this time. It is not business as usual. If the NBA has shut down, Reds and Baseball could end up the same.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Mikey and the rest of the hapsburg brown clan seem like they need to wipe their ****** up mouths a lot. Might be good for this ORG long term to cull that bullshit herd and not pay them our tax dollars for an inferior product.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This pandemic is going to get worse. But, will pass in time. I suspect maybe a shorten season for MLB. Baseball may hold off until it is safe.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I think baseball and football can play without fans in the park and still make TV money.

That was the NBA's plan until a player tested positive. They can't play at all if players are infected.
Reply/Quote
MLB suspends spring training and likely the start of the regular season.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/03/mlb-suspends-spring-training-games-coronavirus.html
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
I have a bad feeling both MLB and the NFL seasons will be canned. I hope I'm wrong, but it appears to be headed that way.  I brought it up a few weeks ago and nobody seemed interested. Back then though I thought it would just mean low attendance numbers. Now it appears outright seasons cancelled. If it gets really bad I suspect baseball and football will be the least of our worries. Heck, we may end up with a global depression, but I'm not quite ready to predict all doom and gloom all the time, just some of the time. Part time gloom and doom seems reasonable at this point.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Let me wish everyone on here safe passage through this mess. It’s still not clear at all how serious this will turn out to be but there have been people that have already lost their lives and that seems serious enough to be extra cautious. If this does develop into something on a much larger scale, I really hope that it brings out the more Humane side of man vs. the ugly side. As far as baseball goes, maybe they will play minus the fans if things level out in a few weeks. America will need something to help them get through this and baseball was there during wars and other tragedies. We’ll get through this and hopefully it’s more similar to the flu then we think. I know that they say that the ratio is more deadly but how many people believe they just have the flu bad but actually had this? That would change the ratio to be about the same as the flu. I had the flu really bad for about ten days a few weeks ago... I guess it was the flu... Anyways, everyone stay safe!
Reply/Quote
I think contact sports may be delayed or shortened, but baseball can be played without fans. Hopefully a vaccine will be out by the time NFL season comes around.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 05:59 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Let me wish everyone on here safe passage through this mess. It’s still not clear at all how serious this will turn out to be but there have been people that have already lost their lives and that seems serious enough to be extra cautious. If this does develop into something on a much larger scale, I really hope that it brings out the more Humane side of man vs. the ugly side. As far as baseball goes, maybe they will play minus the fans if things level out in a few weeks. America will need something to help them get through this and baseball was there during wars and other tragedies. We’ll get through this and hopefully it’s more similar to the flu then we think. I know that they say that the ratio is more deadly but how many people believe they just have the flu bad but actually had this? That would change the ratio to be about the same as the flu. I had the flu really bad for about ten days a few weeks ago... I guess it was the flu... Anyways, everyone stay safe!

X2

It's just anybody's guess whats gonna happen with this ? And I'm not just talking about sports. Hoping everybody stays well.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 08:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: X2

It's just anybody's guess whats gonna happen with this ? And I'm not just talking about sports. Hoping everybody stays well.

On a lighter note, I was so wound up and ready for baseball. This really sucks! I would think there could be an increase in injuries this year around the league from starting to play, stopping and then starting again. The extra rest may really help Suarez and Senzel though... I’m ready to hear... Play Ball! Hopefully the warm weather will put all of this crap behind us.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 02:33 PM)cinci4life Wrote: MLB suspends spring training and likely the start of the regular season.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/03/mlb-suspends-spring-training-games-coronavirus.html

[Image: 89657351_2695771703810097_50419771666532...e=5E92E0B3]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think baseball and football can play without fans in the park and still make TV money.

That was the NBA's plan until a player tested positive.  They can't play at all if players are infected.

For a team like the reds, it's a really big hit. Trying to find the link of the breakdown of revenue from tickets, but want to say it's somewhere around 40 million. But that seems a tad high. Either way, it's a chunk of change. That's not even including the 30$ beer prices & concession.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I called up MLB.TV to go ahead and cancel since no ball is being played and it's likely to be a cancelled season, but they informed me they are not charging for active accounts now until the game resumes even though I was charged for the month of March...no refund.
I informed the person on the other end that if they're lying and do charge me anyway I'll definitely cancel and they won't get me back again. Lying to me is a sure way to lose my trust in someone forever. To me lying to customers is absolutely unforgivable. You lie once, you'll lie again. I refuse to do business with companies that lie to me.

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Sucks because I was planning on going to a couple spring games before it gets real hot.
Reply/Quote
Folks, I have a feeling we ain't getting baseball this season at all and it's becoming more and more likely no football either. If many of the economic forecasts are correct none of it's really going to matter if millions are either sick or dying or even dead. My foremost thoughts are not based around sports at this time even if I would like to see the games go on, but if millions around the world are dying off or otherwise financially left out in the wilderness sports really have to take a back seat to everything else.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: Folks, I have a feeling we ain't getting baseball this season at all and it's becoming more and more likely no football either. If many of the economic forecasts are correct none of it's really going to matter if millions are either sick or dying or even dead. My foremost thoughts are not based around sports at this time even if I would like to see the games go on, but if millions around the world are dying off or otherwise financially left out in the wilderness sports really have to take a back seat to everything else.

True but if so, the people will need something to keep spirits up. I can’t see the Reds playing games until June at the soonest, hopefully the heat will help with the virus.
Reply/Quote