Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA impossible to watch
They took the beautiful game, the perfect game, and created some monsterized, bastardized version of it in a tv studio.

They have advertising on the court, all over the arena, even on their damn jerseys, for crying out loud.

If it wasn't for being a Celtics fan since I learned to walk, I wouldn't be able to sit through five minutes of this artificially manufactured crap. And even then it's a struggle.

Congratulations, NBA, you ruined perfection.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
College basketball is WAY better anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The NBA has been ruined for a while.
Lack of competitive Balance, Season is to long, making Defense harder, college not developing talent, and analytics has made sports insufferable!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Lebron left the Cavs this makes me sad. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 10:42 PM)J24 Wrote: The NBA has been ruined for a while.
Lack of competitive Balance, Season is to long, making Defense harder, college not developing talent, and analytics has made sports insufferable!

Add to that that the game is nothing more than driving to the lane and shooting 3s....
Reply/Quote
I like the NBA.

Of course I am not so thin skinned that a few positive messages for social justice will destroy my world.

Now, if everyone starts playing like James Hardin on offense we can talk. But I am Nuggets fan and their offense is beautiful. Built on teamwork and the sweetest passing big man in the game. There is nothing at the college level that compares.
"There are no rules for great souls; rules are only for people who have merely the talent that can be acquired."
-Eugene Delacroix

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 12:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I like the NBA.

Of course I am not so thin skinned that a few positive messages for social justice will destroy my world.

Now, if everyone starts playing like James Hardin on offense we can talk. But I am Nuggets fan and their offense is beautiful. Built on teamwork and the sweetest passing big man in the game. There is nothing at the college level that compares.

The Nuggets are rolling right now, and I agree... That's the brand of basketball that I like to watch.
Reply/Quote
Yeah as the ratings are flopping over in the NBA BTW!
Ready for Halloween!
Reply/Quote
All of the BLM messages made the NBA unwatchable to many fans.
Reply/Quote
The league is obviously not catering (selling) to my demographic, ie middle-aged men that recall the 80's and 90's teams/games of their youth. They want the young fans and customers, just as almost every major business does anymore.

I hate the player-driven superteazm league. I hate that some teams seem to exist only as cannon fodder and farm teams for the super teams. Why would anyone invest time in that? I also strongly dislike the advertising swell.

Doesn't matter what I think, though. It will not change. There are enough people out there who watch to see the players. Has anyone checked out the prices on basketball collector cards lately? Holy shit. It's damn near impossible to buy the ones that have any demand in retail stores, and the secondary market gouging is insane. Somebody clearly loves this stuff.
Reply/Quote