Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NBC GOP Debate Nov. 8, 2023
I am shocked as were a lot of experts some GOP responses received great grades from Democrats, not surprised GOP and to a lesser degree Independents also like the responses.

In the end, they said Haley won the debate (I agree) and Desantis and Trump (not present) came in second. Trump is a master marketer and gets free media coverage more so than any POTUS or former POTUS in history.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/democrats-voters-side-gop-candidates-messages-strength-border-national-security-tired

Great read above.

Will it hurt the exposure of Democrats nationally if the DNC continues to not hold POTUS debates. I know Hannity is hosting a Nov. 30 debate between Governor Newsome and POTUS candidate and Florida governor Desantis? Hannity's ratings already are #1 in cable TV, my guess that night his ratings leading to more advertising income for Fox will skyrocket. If Biden does eventually drop out, how will the new candidates get well known by Independents and Republicans assuming Democrats will know them?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 05:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Biden does eventually drop out, how will the new candidates get well known by Independents and Republicans assuming Democrats will know them?

In the good ol' days Trump as the republican candidate would debate the new democratic candidate, but we know that's not going to happen.  Given how unpopular Biden and Trump are, I assume a new democratic candidate would just have to say "I'm not Biden, I'm not Trump, and if you elect me you won't have a president in his 80s in the White House."

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.  Then again, I'm just under the assumption that Gavin Newsom is the go-to democrat for 2024 if it isn't Biden.  I think the party has a lot more potential in 2028 with folks like Josh Shapiro or Mark Kelly or Andy Beshear so it's now or never for Newsom.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 05:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am shocked as were a lot of experts some GOP responses received great grades from Democrats, not surprised GOP and to a lesser degree Independents also like the responses.

It was a good debate, more substantive than the previous one, and well moderated. I think Haley did best, but I'm judging on policy KNOWLEDGE, competence and ability to articulate--not on whether I agreed with her, which I mostly didn't.

(11-09-2023, 05:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: In the end, they said Haley won the debate (I agree) and Desantis and Trump (not present) came in second. Trump is a master marketer and gets free media coverage more so than any POTUS or former POTUS in history.

LOL I thought Desantis was pretty flat.

The opening statements by Haley and Christie were "normal" in the sense they addressed policy with specifics. I don't agree with their agendas, but both were very skilled and articulate, and struck me as having a sophisticated understanding of domestic policy. I thought Haley's remarks on Iran were the exception though, extremely simplistic and mostly following the neocon/Fox line on the ME.

Ramaswamy was the only one actuality transmitting from planet MAGA. Totally agree with Haley that Putin and Xi would be "salivating" at the prospect of that guy becoming president. Quite the opening statement--going after the press for the Russia "hoax" and HB laptop. "An ACCOUNTING" he wants. Whatever would that look like? Pretty easy to prove that the press reported the Trump campaign's myriad contacts with Russian spies. What should happen to them for reporting news Trump doesn't like?  https://www.axios.com/2023/11/09/vivek-ramaswamy-unhinged-third-republican-debate

Scott was pretty weak throughout. I disagree with his policies and don't think he is especially knowledgeable. He communicates what some, especially Evangelicals, want. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 10:59 PM)Dill Wrote: It was a good debate, more substantive than the previous one, and well moderated. I think Haley did best, but I'm judging on policy KNOWLEDGE, competence and ability to articulate--not on whether I agreed with her, which I mostly didn't.

LOL I thought Desantis was pretty flat.

The opening statements by Haley and Christie were "normal" in the sense they addressed policy with specifics. I don't agree with their agendas, but both were very skilled and articulate, and struck me as having a sophisticated understanding of domestic policy. I thought Haley's remarks on Iran were the exception though, extremely simplistic and mostly following the neocon/Fox line on the ME.

Ramaswamy was the only one actuality transmitting from planet MAGA. Totally agree with Haley that Putin and Xi would be "salivating" at the prospect of that guy becoming president.
Quite the opening statement--going after the press for the Russia "hoax" and HB laptop. "An ACCOUNTING" he wants. Whatever would that look like? Pretty easy to prove that the press reported the Trump campaign's myriad contacts with Russian spies. What should happen to them for reporting news Trump doesn't like?  https://www.axios.com/2023/11/09/vivek-ramaswamy-unhinged-third-republican-debate

Scott was pretty weak throughout. I disagree with his policies and don't think he is especially knowledgeable. He communicates what some, especially Evangelicals, want. 

Interesting take considered it becomes more likely by the day Biden is compromised taking bribes from Russia, Ukraine and China. The evil of axis (China, Russia, Iran and North Korea) love Biden's appeasement and weak foreign policy. So much so that that Russia started a war with Ukraine and Iran (Hamas) started a war with Israel.

As for the attack on NBC moderator, HE SPOKE THE TRUTH. NBC AND MANY OTHER LIBERAL NEWS OUTLETS DID NO INVESTIGATIONS AND INSTEAD LIED OVER AND OVER AGAIN. IT IS A FACT AND GLAD HE REMINDED EVERYONE ON NATIONAL TV.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote