Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBC, SI say Burfict should be banned from football
Mike Mitchell did the exact same thing to AJ Green a year or two ago. Anyone else remember a huge backlash when that happened? Yeah, me neither.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Yeah, why dont we ban the entire Steelers organization from football with their bullshit cheap playing throughout the years. They make Burfict look like a choir boy.
Reply/Quote
Steelers defend every cheap shot with the hard nosed football head on a swivel bullshit, and then whine like little girls and nobody says a thing. JuJu celebrates injuring someone as he stands over him and two weeks later after his suspension. That’s as low class as you can get and he’s a Steeler favorite.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
It's okay(sorta)that the NFL wants to clean things up.

Where I have a problem is this pussified Steeler group who likes to point the finger and pout about it.

It just wreaks of the weak ass brother going to tell Mom when they don't like something.

Should I be surprised coming from an ass-clown like this guy? Probably not.

[Image: th?id=OIP.6Jnq4_ny0psNZBAqrDdu2QHaHU&pid...=166&h=165]

The Steelers have been full of cheap shot artists as long as I've been a fan.

Do they think they're some kind of Jedi, doing mind tricks on fans?

Any fan base outside of Crapsburgh knows they are dirty as F.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
2015: [Image: Burfict-1-Williams-11-03-15.png]
2017:

Media Calls for Williams to be Banned: 0

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 03:55 PM)RobertG Wrote: Sports Illustrated also blamed Marvin and the rest of the Bengals for Burfict's play.  A permanent ban seems harsh, but I agree that somebody on the team should have a talk with him.  If Marvin won't do it, somebody else should.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/17/vontaze-burfict-bengals-violent-play

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/bengals-vontaze-burfict-should-not-be-nfl-mike-florio-says?cid=eref:nbcnews:video

Where's the actual penalty? There's not even a video of the actual hit, which means it must have been pretty weak because if the video showed a penalty you know for sure they'd have played it 10 times to prove their point. Instead they show still shots.

These guys are just a bunch of panzis who should probably be banned from the microphone.

Reply/Quote
Does anyone think if the hit was against some no name WR on the Titans or Cardinals there would be such an outcry? Yeah, me neither.

Reply/Quote
Articles from reporters stating Burfict needs banned from Football is kinda old news. Ever since he first caused fear in Steeler land, they have wanted his head on a platter. Wish they would all come out of their closets and claim their favorites. That’s half the reason so many announcers call out the Bengals on questionable hits and sugar coat flagrant fouls from the bad guys. Seriously, the game reporting and post game reporting of this rivalry is similar to the Roddy Piper movie “They Live.”

Yet,our road to the Super Bowl doesn’t make or break over a win/loss to Pittsburgh.

Reply/Quote
Every team has it's bad egg. A decade ago the Bengals were the poster child of thugs. An arrest every week it seemed like. Now all of those eggs are gone except one. When Pac Man left that only left VB. The team is overwhelmingly loaded with good, hard working, socially conscious dudes, with the exception of one. VB. I can live with that as long as he doesn't hurt the team. Yes he has hurt the team simply by not being on the field. But when it gets to the point that we are losing games because of his antics I will say cut him loose.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 10:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Articles from reporters stating Burfict needs banned from Football is kinda old news. Ever since he first caused fear in Steeler land, they have wanted his head on a platter. Wish they would all come out of their closets and claim their favorites. That’s half the reason so many announcers call out the Bengals on questionable hits and sugar coat flagrant fouls from the bad guys. Seriously, the game reporting and post game reporting of this rivalry is similar to the Roddy Piper movie “They Live.”

Yet,our road to the Super Bowl doesn’t make or break over a win/loss to Pittsburgh.

I love They Live.

[Image: tumblr_oj3d8vTs3k1u501aoo1_400.gif]

Reply/Quote
Nix took out vigil on a very questionable chop block yet know one in the media says anything.
Ryan Shazier trys to knock out our players and then paralyzes himself and the media acts like he is a saint.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 05:20 PM)depthchart Wrote: Roethlesberger went on his Radio show and said that Burfict (after his hit on AB & right before a snap), Burfict pointed at Ju Ju and said "your next". They showed that play on the NFL Network and it shows Burfict pointing at Ju Ju and then Ben makes a frustrated gesture to the Refs with his hands & body language seeming to ask the Refs to do something about the threat.

It looked to me like Burfict did make that threat to Ju Ju.

As much as I like old school football and the old school ways, this is a sign that Burfict may never get it.

Deon Sanders said on the same NFL Network program that Ben should shut up and leave the bad things people say and do on the field. Deon said that many of our heroes would not be thought of as heroes if fans knew some of the things they said during games.

Ben's cry baby tactics will likely put Burfict more under the Target of the NFL and I doubt Burfict is smart enough to reign himself in.

Lol, Ben...  Trying to get courtesies from the officials only reserved for Brady.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The NFL has now become officially the snowflake League. it's funny when the Steelers break the jaw of a Bengals player nothing is said. When the linebacker from the Steelers pointed his head downward to basically knockout Gio Bernard nothing was said.

The Steelers are a bunch of ******* that getaway with calls the other teams do not.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
This was a play from earlier this year, much much more dirty and flagrant than the hit on AB. And Steelers fans are defending it. That’s the problem. The whole thing is just to hypocritical.

https://mobile.twitter.com/benanderson58/status/1044678075206709248
Reply/Quote
This is why I have no sympathy for what happened to Shazier.  Karma is a b*tch.
[Image: capture_20160109_214003.jpg?w=1000&h=600...000&crop=0]
Reply/Quote
It's Mike Florio. The guy who grew up within spitting distance of Pittsburgh, practiced law there and still lives close by in West Virginia. He and his site are very pro-Steelers and he's long held a grudge against the Bengals since Marv bashed Florio's alma mater (West Virginia). Something about Chris Henry and Pacman Jones.

He may as well be employed by the Steelers.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Bengals fans need to stand behind burfict more then ever when they try these things. Florio is a steelers fan ,and steeler fans are hyprocrite cheating crybabies that feel they are the best nfl team there is. Pittsburgh are the dirty ones,we finally get a rough tough linebacker that came from california playing football with his brothers in the yards. And steeler fans dont like it.hes like our hines ward..we hated ward,but they loved him. What other linebacker has played the steeler way ? Since ive been a fan,0 not even odell thurman was as rough as burfict. Linebackers like burfict arent easy to come by either. And best believe theyll still continue head hunting and cheap shotting when burfict is gone from the bengals. But i kind of do think it might be better for both parties to trade him. The nfl doesnt want him playing against the steelers, they are watching him like a hawk and will keep suspending him. Might be best to let him get a big payday somewhere else shrugs.
Reply/Quote
Burfict is playing 20 years too late.
Reply/Quote
Burfict is trash
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 06:18 AM)motoarch Wrote: Burfict is trash

I guess it’s better to call our players trash than it is to throw it on their lawns. Or boo them at charity events...

Great fan base we have.

Reply/Quote