Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBC, SI say Burfict should be banned from football
(10-17-2018, 04:09 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Agreed.

The article asks "how did we get here.....?#"

Well, we are here because our franchise QB was the victims of a deliberate cheap shot that tore up his knee.

We are here because our first round LB's jaw was broken with a cheap blind side shot.

We are here because our star LB was concussed with the same type of cheap blind side shot.

Any other uninformed, ignorant questions?

You forgot "Douchebag WR celebrates injuring player with TD celebration"  Notice how SI completely makes it the Bengals fault. ESPN, SI and Yahoo can take all there Steeler Propoganda, turn it sideways and shove it up their asses. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 06:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess it’s better to call our players trash than it is to throw it on their lawns. Or boo them at charity events...

Great fan base we have.

Fans call Marvin trash and Austin trash and Kirkpatrick trash and ogbuehi.

Are they lesser fans because they don’t think a specific player or coach adds value to the team?

Or is it I’m a lesser fan because I don’t like a player you like?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 08:01 AM)motoarch Wrote: Fans call Marvin trash and Austin trash and Kirkpatrick trash and ogbuehi.

Are they lesser fans because they don’t think a specific player or coach adds value to the team?

Or is it I’m a lesser fan because I don’t like a player you like?

We shouldn’t call any of our players “trash.” It’s one thing to say they suck, like Og, but trash? Seems a bit much to me, but hey, you do you.

Personally I’m not going to begrudge a guy for playing too hard against a hated rival, but that’s just me. He also seems like a decent enough person off the field, so again, trash seems excessive. Maybe if he was accused of multiple rapes or was hitting toddlers with furniture I’d agree, but all the guy does is tackle people too hard.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 01:17 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's Mike Florio. The guy who grew up within spitting distance of Pittsburgh, practiced law there and still lives close by in West Virginia. He and his site are very pro-Steelers and he's long held a grudge against the Bengals since Marv bashed Florio's alma mater (West Virginia). Something about Chris Henry and Pacman Jones.

He may as well be employed by the Steelers.

Yea. Florio takes shots at Marvin and the Bengals every and any chance he gets...it gets old.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 08:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We shouldn’t call any of our players “trash.” It’s one thing to say they suck, like Og, but trash? Seems a bit much to me, but hey, you do you.

Personally I’m not going to begrudge a guy for playing too hard against a hated rival, but that’s just me. He also seems like a decent enough person off the field, so again, trash seems excessive. Maybe if he was accused of multiple rapes or was hitting toddlers with furniture I’d agree, but all the guy does is tackle people too hard.

When he took out Bell (twice) I defended him because he was playing hard and didn’t intend to hurt him. When he landed on the rapist that plays qb for Pitt in the 2015 playoff I cheered because even if he did intend to hurt ben he did it the right way. It was as clean and brutal of a hit as they come.

What I won’t defend is unecessry brutal hits that are intended only to hurt others. I know we already argued the hit on brown and if it also hurt bates and I believe it did. We all saw him twisting ankles against the panthers. The list of this kind of behavior goes on and on and has been and continues to be detrimental to the team and a distraction.

Because I am a fan of the team I don’t want burfict on it. I’m not going to cheer for someone simply because they play for the team I like. That’s silly. That’s not what makes you a fan.

If everyone played with his energy and passion this team would be unstoppable and I respect that about him. What I don’t respect is the extra little things he does that embarrass the team time and again. We as fans can defend it and say we’ll what about when so and so from team x did this? But it doesn’t matter anymore because everyone outside Cincinnati clearly only cares what burfict does. We have to accept that. If you revel in being the bad guy and like that image that’s fine. I can respect that about you. It’s the identity you want and the way you enjoy the game. I don’t. I played DE. I’ve laid some heavy hits and been laid out but some. That’s what the games about and I love that. What I don’t love is some punk trying to twist my nut sack at the bottom of a pile when no one else can see it. Real men don’t do stuff like that. You know who does? Trash.
Reply/Quote
Prediction: Burfict is either suspended for an entire season or perma banned just in time to get signed by an XFL team.
Reply/Quote
God damn.....have half of you Marys ever set foot between the hashes? You're next is a horrible thing to say now? LMMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me a ***** break. Quit biting on the click bait bullshit. Ben's a ***** *****, and Shit-Schuster is JUST AS DIRTY, IF NOT WORSE than Burfict. Get over yourselves. "A threat"....TFOH with that shit. What about "painting" someone over a LEGAL tackle. Bud Dupree and that other douchebag headhunting because their very own dumbass spearing machine INJURED HIMSELF.....but y'all ripping our own guy over saying "you're next". LOLOLOLOLOL. You guys GOTS to be kidding me with this shit, right? They would have kicked my ass out of pee wee league if "you're next" is grounds for banishment in the NFL these days.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I always churn my fists every time we play the Steelers, I've yet to punch Smack a Steeler fan, how about that?!?! Jerry
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 06:45 PM)McC Wrote: Who gives a ****?  Trash talking in a football game?  Oh no.  I guess Burfict must have invented it, that no one before him ever engaged in talking shit during a game.  Did he act on it?  Nuff said. 

Shame on you for believing one single word that ever comes out of Rapistburger's mouth.  Ever notice how skeezy it is when rotten scumbags try to grab the high road?

What was that thing joojoo did?  Oh, yeah.  An illegal cheap shot on Burfict and then standing over him talking shit.   But Burfict saying things was way worse, right?  SMH.

I agree with you. Never said it was a big deal what he said to Ben...but I believe he said it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Its a pretty well known fact that Florio is a ball washing Steelers fan.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 06:50 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I couldn't agree more. Everything you stated is completely spot on. No. Burfict is not the only player who is dirty or taking cheap shots. However, the fact that others do it doesn't absolve Burfict from doing it. Seriously, it makes me think of how parents use the line "if everyone else jumped off a bridge...". Other people do bad things in regular life, but that's not a successful defense for breaking the law. Same goes for the rules of football. Just because other players break the rules does not mean someone else shouldn't be punished.

Yes, Burfict is talented. I like the energy, hard nose style of play, and his football IQ. He's dumb for not cleaning up his play though. When interviewed, he always plays the victim. He has brought this on himself. He has no one to blame but himself. He could still lay big hits, be a good player, and be intimidating without doing dumb shit.

His play seems to be falling off a bit this year. Of course it's only been a couple of games and he will probably improve by the end of the season, but how much longer will people feel his value outweighs the fact you can almost count on missing him 4 games or more a year. Eventually I feel someone in management is going to realize they'd rather find someone who'll be available 16 games than someone who may give them 12 at best.

The thing is, the Steelers did stuff in the past...but even they seem more disciplined this year. They learned and have adapted. Granted it was only one game against the Bengals, but there was no monkey business with them. 

I frankly dont care if Burfict is a dirty player or not. All I care about his availability on the field and his performance. Him being a dirty player and continuing to be in trouble with the league effects his availability...which is THE issue with me. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 08:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We shouldn’t call any of our players “trash.” It’s one thing to say they suck, like Og, but trash? Seems a bit much to me, but hey, you do you.

This. Right. Here.  Spot on Nico.....and the league is silent......they're "watching" it.  Get it over with Rog.....just bob and weave on 'em on National TV.  We all KNOW the Rooneys hand picked you. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 09:45 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The thing is, the Steelers did stuff in the past...but even they seem more disciplined this year. They learned and have adapted. Granted it was only one game against the Bengals, but there was no monkey business with them. 

I frankly dont care if Burfict is a dirty player or not. All I care about his availability on the field and his performance. Him being a dirty player and continuing to be in trouble with the league effects his availability...which is THE issue with me. 

I don't call chop blocking Vigil, diving at LBs knees in a large portion of the game, being the most penalized team in the league (anyone know how many of those are PFs?), among other things....."more disciplined".

Remember, NOT ONE DOLPHIN complained.......keep that in mind here folks when you discuss this "problem".  Also, aside from the Bush League shit he did his 1st year in the league, how many other teams complain to the media and officials about him?  One.  Think about that for a minute..........

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 04:09 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Agreed.

The article asks "how did we get here.....?#"

Well, we are here because our franchise QB was the victims of a deliberate cheap shot that tore up his knee.

We are here because our first round LB's jaw was broken with a cheap blind side shot.

We are here because our star LB was concussed with the same type of cheap blind side shot.

Any other uninformed, ignorant questions?

We are here because our punter's neck was broken.

We are here because Tyler Eifert was concussed by a head hunting Mike Mitchell when then said to AJ Green "you're next", but it is ok when they say it.

We are here because Shazier knocked out Gio and got a turnover out of it instead of a penalty.

We are here because their assbag former LB and coach was on the field illegally and instigated a fight.

We are here because another assbag coach pulled the hair of a certain Bengal DB that owned their asses.

We are here because a rapist pig of a human being called out the behavior of a player that has never had an off-the-field issue.

Am I missing anything else?  I'm sure there is more.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 05:52 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah me too. But who cares? You know how often trash talk like that happens on a football field? Players will use anything to get a competitive advantage. This is not a burfict thing, it’s a sport-wide thing.

Whether Burfict deserves the criticism or not, the Steelers look like a bunch of soft pantywaists being the main catalysts for his suspension.

Mike Mitchell concussed Tyler Eifert with a helmet hit and said to AJ Green: "You're next".  Did the Bengals whine and cry about it?  No, because they know it wouldn't make a difference.

Piggy is so great at playing the victim.  Poor little piggy....just go polish that drama queen tiara you *****.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 09:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: God damn.....have half of you Marys ever set foot between the hashes?  You're next is a horrible thing to say now?  LMMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Give me a ***** break.  Quit biting on the click bait bullshit.  Ben's a ***** *****, and Shit-Schuster is JUST AS DIRTY, IF NOT WORSE than Burfict.  Get over yourselves.  "A threat"....TFOH with that shit.  What about "painting" someone over a LEGAL tackle.  Bud Dupree and that other douchebag headhunting because their very own dumbass spearing machine INJURED HIMSELF.....but y'all ripping our own guy over saying "you're next".  LOLOLOLOLOL.  You guys GOTS to be kidding me with this shit, right?  They would have kicked my ass out of pee wee league if "you're next" is grounds for banishment in the NFL these days.

Bravo.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 10:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: We are here because out punter's neck was broked

We are here because Tyler Eifert was concussed by a head hunting Mike Mitchell when then said to AJ Green "you're next", but it is ok when they say it.

We are here because Shazier knocked out Gio and got a turnover out of it instead of a penalty.

We are here because their assbag former LB and coach was on the field illegally and instigated a fight.

We are here because another assbag coach pulled the hair of a certain Bengal DB that owned their asses.

We are here because a rapist pig of a human being called out the behavior of a player that has never had an off-the-field issue.

Am I missing anything else?  I'm sure there is more.

We are here because Pittsburgh likes to be the one smacking around not being smacked. So like most bullies they ran home and cried to mama.

Burfict strikes fear in their hearts and they don't like it.
Reply/Quote
I find it shameful and utterly embarrassing that any Bengals fan would take the Squealers side in this.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 08:57 AM)motoarch Wrote: When he took out Bell (twice) I defended him because he was playing hard and didn’t intend to hurt him. When he landed on the rapist that plays qb for Pitt in the 2015 playoff I cheered because even if he did intend to hurt ben he did it the right way. It was as clean and brutal of a hit as they come.

What I won’t defend is unecessry brutal hits that are intended only to hurt others. I know we already argued the hit on brown and if it also hurt bates and I believe it did. We all saw him twisting ankles against the panthers. The list of this kind of behavior goes on and on and has been and continues to be detrimental to the team and a distraction.

Because I am a fan of the team I don’t want burfict on it. I’m not going to cheer for someone simply because they play for the team I like. That’s silly. That’s not what makes you a fan.

If everyone played with his energy and passion this team would be unstoppable and I respect that about him. What I don’t respect is the extra little things he does that embarrass the team time and again. We as fans can defend it and say we’ll what about when so and so from team x did this? But it doesn’t matter anymore because everyone outside Cincinnati clearly only cares what burfict does. We have to accept that. If you revel in being the bad guy and like that image that’s fine. I can respect that about you. It’s the identity you want and the way you enjoy the game. I don’t. I played DE. I’ve laid some heavy hits and been laid out but some. That’s what the games about and I love that. What I don’t love is some punk trying to twist my nut sack at the bottom of a pile when no one else can see it. Real men don’t do stuff like that. You know who does? Trash.

When was the last time he twisted someone’s ankle or nut sack? He must still be doing it and I just continue to miss since people are still crying about it.

And for the record I don’t defend or condone that kind of stuff either, it’s embarrassing, and I’d be super pissed if another team did it to a Bengals player, but damn do people love to bring up ancient history. Guess that’s why Mixon still has to hear about an incident that happened when he was a teenager.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 10:37 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Every team has it's bad egg. A decade ago the Bengals were the poster child of thugs. An arrest every week it seemed like. Now all of those eggs are gone except one. When Pac Man left that only left VB. The team is overwhelmingly loaded with good, hard working, socially conscious dudes, with the exception of one. VB. I can live with that as long as he doesn't hurt the team. Yes he has hurt the team simply by not being on the field. But when it gets to the point that we are losing games because of his antics I will say cut him loose.

I have finally reached this point as well.  Sad, as I don't think I have seen a more talented player when he is in shape.  

Like Mo Egger was saying on his show yesterday, we don't hear about Joe Mixon as the RB that punched a woman.  He changed the narrative with good behavior.  Burfict could have done the same thing, and just gave his opponent the middle finger by beating them on the field (not literally).  He hasn't and he seems unwilling to change.  I am ready to move on.

Let him be someone else's problem.  
Reply/Quote