Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBC, SI say Burfict should be banned from football
Lightbulb 
(10-18-2018, 03:34 PM)depthchart Wrote: I don't think the NFL will ever move past it with Burfict.

These 2018 style new rules are Post Harrison being clean slated while Burfict is smack dab in the middle of being someone they can make an example of to prove the NFL cares.

He did just take a shot at AB (though he held back how bad it could have been) but nailed a Bengal in the process in Bates III.

Then Burfict points at Ju Ju with the "you're next" line.

Big Ben spreads the word, NFL Network and others bang the drum & banning Burfict for life becomes the cry.

Meanwhile, what does this all mean to Burfict in Burfict's mind ?

I personally just don't think that he fully gets it and his PRIDE will want revenge on Ju Ju, AB and the Steelers from now on. Maybe he tones things down against other teams but I think he will feel a need to NAIL certain Steeler players until he feels he has his Street Cred back from the Ju Ju hit on him.

The Bengals and Bengal fans can likely just hope to get what we can from Burfict until the NFL says he has crossed the line again leading to another suspension.

It is just a matter of time until it happens again, IMO.

The NFL will never clean Burfict's slate & Big Ben, AB, Ju Ju & others will keep banging the drum with Shazier to point to as a reason why so called "dangerous" players like Burfict must go. Exactly how Shazier got injured won't even matter in the discussion to the NFL because simply pointing to his symptoms after his injury is enough for them to make the case of avoiding future injuries of any cause.

Should the Bengals PLAN on keeping Burfict or PLAN to move on from him at some point & if so when is the question ?

I'd say it will be after the 2018 season at the earliest but he will likely be a Bengal through 2019 when I believe his contract runs out & may even get extended from there.

All we can do is buckle up and see how it plays out.
I agree they wont move on as long as hes playing the steelers twice a year thats for damn sure
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 08:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Weezy needs to cut this shit out man. Being a Bengal fan and then hating on Burfict and believing the Pig is out of hand.

This just cannot be tolerated, it is like Bengal treason or somethin'.

Love Weezy but this is just not right. Mellow

Hey man, believe me...I hate the Steelers and rapelisburger as much as the next Bengals fan, but I also hate how Burfict is constantly suspended and hurting this team with some of his play on the field. 

I love Burfict as a player (when he's playing by the rules) but I just wish he would get it together. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote