Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
NBC doubles down, Shows they offer nothing for opposing view points
NBC fired newly hired Ronna McDaniel. Of course, she learned by media reports, NBC never called to tell her. Liberals may hate Fox, but they have many liberal contributors. This is typical liberal speak, one viewpoint. Is that considered cult like news?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nbc-news-officially-drops-ronna-mcdaniel-following-staff-backlash
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
LOL that Liberal Tolerance shinning thru.

They better be ready to pay her off handsomely or prepare for being sued for Hostile work environment.
Reply/Quote
The objection to McDaniel was not that she was a conservative but that she was a liar who was deeply involved in the attempt to overthrow the 2020 election. She has no place being legitimized as a credible voice. She didn’t belong in a news organization

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 02:26 AM)pally Wrote: The objection to McDaniel was not that she was a conservative but that she was a liar who was deeply involved in the attempt to overthrow the 2020 election. She has no place being legitimized as a credible voice.  She didn’t belong in a news organization

I find it hard to believe Romney-McDaniel is considered anything but a loser RINO anyways.  I don't think putting someone who Trump has outed as a big ol' loser and fake republican would win much fairness cred from the right, anyways. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 01:02 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: LOL that Liberal Tolerance shinning thru.

They better be ready to pay her off handsomely or prepare for being sued for Hostile work environment.

I thought that an employer can release you for any reason within your first 90 days, or does that not apply to famous people?

Anyways, facts and lies are not just ''two different opinions''.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
This was a bad hire for a multitude of reasons, but the probably reason she was let go was the public pushback.  As has been stated over and over its about ratings and money.  Viewers didn't want to hear her knowing what she did in the past and how is now claiming "well, I had to take one for the team". 

Yeah, no thanks.

There are enough people on the talking head shows that aren't trustworthy.  

Don't worry though.  She'll get picked up by Newsmax or FOX and go right back to her old personality in no time.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
In a capitalist world, a worker's value is determined by how much profit they can generate relative to their pay.

It sounds like there was internal backlash amongst NBC employees that led to NBC firing her.

Backlash costs profits.
Reply/Quote
Was she the one at the podium telling republicans to go vote in the 2020 GA senate runoff elections and someone in the audience asked her if it's rigged why are you telling us to go vote?
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 03:12 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I thought that an employer can release you for any reason within your first 90 days, or does that not apply to famous people?

Anyways, facts and lies are not just ''two different opinions''.

They can, but the devil's in the details on those contracts. 

Not only that, but they didn't announce her hiring to the crew, so she was ambushed by everyone, which did nothing but fuel the hostilities towards her.   

Sorry but she's got a really strong case the way i see it. 

*PS Just read that she's already lawyering up for a case against MSNBC.
*PPS Hostile work environment has nothing to do with her being fired.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 09:30 AM)CJD Wrote: In a capitalist world, a worker's value is determined by how much profit they can generate relative to their pay.

It sounds like there was internal backlash amongst NBC employees that led to NBC firing her.

Backlash costs profits.

I agree, poor ratings and tanking viewership will cost profit decline.

Why would 1 conservative watch NBC and MSNBC news with this cult like behavior, only hire people who will push Trump as bad, bad and bad.

Why would conservatives continue to watch anything on NBC? I guess companies did not learn from Bud light woke stance costing them millions of lost revenues quickly. 

Liberals stress they are the party of unity, yet at every turn liberal news refuse to be fair and balanced.  

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 11:11 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: They can, but the devil's in the details on those contracts. 

Not only that, but they didn't announce her hiring to the crew, so she was ambushed by everyone, which did nothing but fuel the hostilities towards her.   

Sorry but she's got a really strong case the way i see it. 

*PS Just read that she's already lawyering up for a case against MSNBC.
*PPS Hostile work environment has nothing to do with her being fired.

I see her winning a lot of money very quickly. 

Once again liberal fake news trashes a working mother publicly attempting to shame her, and they think it is acceptable. Make note ladies out there, watch and learn how liberals treat you when you leave the party (RFK JR. and his VP pick) or are a conservative woman. 

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 08:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, poor ratings and tanking viewership will cost profit decline.

Why would 1 conservative watch NBC and MSNBC news with this cult like behavior, only hire people who will push Trump as bad, bad and bad.

Why would conservatives continue to watch anything on NBC? I guess companies did not learn from Bud light woke stance costing them millions of lost revenues quickly. 

Liberals stress they are the party of unity, yet at every turn liberal news refuse to be fair and balanced.  

If there was evidence that having more conservative (either in quantity or severity) people on NBC would cause conservatives to watch without losing liberal viewers, I guarantee NBC would do that. Their only goal, as with every corporation, is to make as much money as humanly possible.

There's a good chance they just realize they can't win back conservatives at this point unless they just become another Fox News, in which case they would lose their liberal viewers. Trump has poisoned the well too much and conservatives/trump voters likely view them as "fake news" regardless of what they do.

I don't see the relation to the Bud Light thing, but it is notable that Bud Light has regained the majority of the stock value they lost due to that whole boycott thing. March 27th, 2023, their stock price was $62.97, and today it closed at 60.84. The controversy began in April 2023 and it's low point was October 9th, 2023 when it fell to $52.31.

Boycotts don't really work in the long term.
Reply/Quote
Her problem was she lies about the wrong things.  But she may have a chance to get back in NBC's favor if Trump should be elected in 2024 and she says he colluded with Russia to steal the election.

That network has no place for such lies.  Michael Avenatti was on MSNBC 43 times in a span of 2 months in 2018.  Not sure how many times they've had Michael Cohen on.  Maybe she should change her first name to "Michael"?
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 09:26 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Her problem was she lies about the wrong things.  But she may have a chance to get back in NBC's favor if Trump should be elected in 2024 and she says he colluded with Russia to steal the election.

That network has no place for such lies.  Michael Avenatti was on MSNBC 43 times in a span of 2 months in 2018.  Not sure how many times they've had Michael Cohen on.  Maybe she should change her first name to "Michael"?
You are aware that this is 2024, right? Or are you only parroting what you heard in Conservative media today?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
The concerns stated were all about her perpetuating the lies about 2020 and continuing to do so until it wasn't prudent for her to do so anymore which raises questions about her trustworthiness. The executives at NBC even stated in their announcement of the separation that they would continue to seek out ways to incorporate conservative/opposing viewpoints into their programming.

I mean, a lot of bad judgement but it seems pretty innocuous to me. But you know, corporate media is going to do corporate media things.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 08:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see her winning a lot of money very quickly. 

Once again liberal fake news trashes a working mother publicly attempting to shame her, and they think it is acceptable. Make note ladies out there, watch and learn how liberals treat you when you leave the party (RFK JR. and his VP pick) or are a conservative woman. 

wow... your sexism rears its ugly head

1) Ronna McDaniel hiring and firing had absolutely nothing to do with her gender or her status as a parent. Where was your outrage when working father Mehdi Hasan was taken off the air?  The backlash and reactions would have been the same if she was a childless man. She lied and continues to lie about the 2020 election and subsequent actions of herself and the RNC.  NBC staff and viewers didn't want someone with no credibility being legitimized.  

2) How are people who leave the Party supposed to be treated?  I'm just curious because I know of no conservatives who embrace, endorse, or support politically those they call RINOs.  Robert Kennedy has no chance of winning the Presidency, so being suspicious of his motives and of his bankers is normal.  His VP was picked for only 1 reason...she has millions of her ex-husband's money to spend.  I would wager that 99% of all Americans let alone Democrats would recognize her by name or photo

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 08:25 PM)CJD Wrote: If there was evidence that having more conservative (either in quantity or severity) people on NBC would cause conservatives to watch without losing liberal viewers, I guarantee NBC would do that. Their only goal, as with every corporation, is to make as much money as humanly possible.

There's a good chance they just realize they can't win back conservatives at this point unless they just become another Fox News, in which case they would lose their liberal viewers. Trump has poisoned the well too much and conservatives/trump voters likely view them as "fake news" regardless of what they do.

I don't see the relation to the Bud Light thing, but it is notable that Bud Light has regained the majority of the stock value they lost due to that whole boycott thing. March 27th, 2023, their stock price was $62.97, and today it closed at 60.84. The controversy began in April 2023 and it's low point was October 9th, 2023 when it fell to $52.31.

Boycotts don't really work in the long term.

Anheuser-Busch regained it's stock value, not Bud Light, a key distinction.  Bud Light is just one of many brands under the InBev umbrella.  As for Bud Light itself, the way to examine the boycotts effectiveness is market share/sales.  In that regard the boycott has absolutely gutted the brand.

Still, in the two weeks before and after the Super Bowl weekend, Bud Light sales were 30% below where they were a year ago, according to the beverage and alcohol consulting firm Bump Williams. The brand accounted for 7% of all U.S. beer sales, down from 10% in the same two weeks of 2023.

Link to archived Barron's article.

I do not think it's accurate to say the Bud Light boycott has had no long term effect and it's unlikely Bud Light will ever regain it's former market share.  

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 11:35 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Anheuser-Busch regained it's stock value, not Bud Light, a key distinction.  Bud Light is just one of many brands under the InBev umbrella.  As for Bud Light itself, the way to examine the boycotts effectiveness is market share/sales.  In that regard the boycott has absolutely gutted the brand.

Still, in the two weeks before and after the Super Bowl weekend, Bud Light sales were 30% below where they were a year ago, according to the beverage and alcohol consulting firm Bump Williams. The brand accounted for 7% of all U.S. beer sales, down from 10% in the same two weeks of 2023.

Link to archived Barron's article.

I do not think it's accurate to say the Bud Light boycott has had no long term effect and it's unlikely Bud Light will ever regain it's former market share.  

Fair enough. It sucks to be Bud Light then. 

I'm still not sure how that's related to McDaniel being hired then fired.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 11:35 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I do not think it's accurate to say the Bud Light boycott has had no long term effect and it's unlikely Bud Light will ever regain it's former market share.  

They paid a steep price for pushing the woke agenda. That was bad marketing. I agree they will never recover. During the rise of seltzers and different flavored alcoholic drinks, that was a terrible time to piss off beer drinkers. Those who switched different brands likely developed a taste for it, while some who went a different direction probably did as well. 

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 08:21 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The executives at NBC even stated in their announcement of the separation that they would continue to seek out ways to incorporate conservative/opposing viewpoints into their programming.

Does NBC have a viewpoint that would consider a conservative viewpoint to be in opposition to theirs?
Reply/Quote