Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
NBC doubles down, Shows they offer nothing for opposing view points
(03-28-2024, 11:55 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Does NBC have a viewpoint that would consider a conservative viewpoint to be in opposition to theirs?

Those were my words, not theirs, and MSNBC has a liberal slant from my understanding. I don't consume any cable news, so I just base it on the information available regarding media bias.

Personally, I am of the opinion that corporate news has one viewpoint, that of making money.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 11:50 AM)CJD Wrote: Fair enough. It sucks to be Bud Light then. 

I'm still not sure how that's related to McDaniel being hired then fired.

It's not. Just wanted to make the distinction clear.

(03-28-2024, 11:50 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: They paid a steep price for pushing the woke agenda. That was bad marketing. I agree they will never recover. During the rise of seltzers and different flavored alcoholic drinks, that was a terrible time to piss off beer drinkers. Those who switched different brands likely developed a taste for it, while some who went a different direction probably did as well. 

It was, because one has to wonder what customer base they were going to bring in with that campaign.  My sister and I talked about this, as she really likes Mulvaney and has been following them from the beginning.  She doesn't get the hate for Mulvaney.  I tend to agree.  I think they got caught up in the furor over issues like self identifying trans women in female only spaces and the like.  Something Mulvaney has never really been a part of.  I don't want to derail the thread, so I'll leave it at the move being a likely example of a younger exec trying to "modernize" the brand without thinking of the possible consequences.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 11:55 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Does NBC have a viewpoint that would consider a conservative viewpoint to be in opposition to theirs?

Joe Scarborough is on MSNBC.  I don't know if conservatives consider him one of them any longer.

Reply/Quote

The NBC Sunday Morning talk shows regularly have republicans on.

I don't know about MSNBC.  I'd think a guy like Joe Scarborough is still "conservative" but more like late 80's early 90's conservative than today's republican party.

It always seems to me that when I hear his stuff it is him complaining about how the republican party has turned itself into the party of Trump and MAGA and how that has led to them losing so many times since 2018.  I believe if the gop ran a truly conservative republican he would be all in. 

Other than that I don't see much of their shows unless I'm with my parents and they are watching...lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 12:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: The NBC Sunday Morning talk shows regularly have republicans on.

I don't know about MSNBC.  I'd think a guy like Joe Scarborough is still "conservative" but more like late 80's early 90's conservative than today's republican party.

It always seems to me that when I hear his stuff it is him complaining about how the republican party has turned itself into the party of Trump and MAGA and how that has led to them losing so many times since 2018.  I believe if the gop ran a truly conservative republican he would be all in. 

Other than that I don't see much of their shows unless I'm with my parents and they are watching...lol.

So only conservatives that don't like Trump and basically share their viewpoints?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 01:01 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So only conservatives that don't like Trump and basically share their viewpoints?

Where did you get that?

I said the only conservative I know is on MSNBC is of the older conservative style, not the current Trump run party which seems to lack the same conservative view points.

NBC has pro-Trump people on all the time.

Reading is fundamental.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 12:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: The NBC Sunday Morning talk shows regularly have republicans on.

(03-28-2024, 01:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: Where did you get that?

I said the only conservative I know is on MSNBC is of the older conservative style, not the current Trump run party which seems to lack the same conservative view points.

NBC has pro-Trump people on all the time.

Reading is fundamental.

No idea where i got that from. 
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 01:34 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No idea where i got that from. 

Me either since I said Joe was a conservative...just not a Trump conservative from what I have heard.  And the NBC has republicans on all the time.
Reply/Quote
I guess Nicole Wallace and contributor Michael Steele aren't considered Conservatives anymore but the guy that was a lifelong Democrat until a black man was elected President, now THAT GUY is a real Conservative.

With Scarborough and Wallace, That's 5 hours of M-F programming from Conservatives that served in Washington in some capacity. As an Independent, I don't see 5 hours of former Democrats on any right wing network. The closest you get to that on Fox is Jessica Tarlov sharing one hour with 4 Conservatives.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 03:12 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I guess Nicole Wallace and contributor Michael Steele aren't considered Conservatives anymore but the guy that was a lifelong Democrat until a black man was elected President, now THAT GUY is a real Conservative.

With Scarborough and Wallace, That's 5 hours of M-F programming from Conservatives that served in Washington in some capacity. As an Independent, I don't see 5 hours of former Democrats on any right wing network. The closest you get to that on Fox is Jessica Tarlov sharing one hour with 4 Conservatives.

Uh oh, someone mentioned Nicole Wallace.

Reply/Quote
Trump said this leaves her in NEVER NEVERLAND...I assume he means no man's land.  That'd be a cute mix up if he were a talkative 5 year old.  Or maybe he is right and Ronna ROMNEY McDaniel is going to team up with Captain Hook to break up Peter Pan's migrant little boy sex trafficking ring.
[Image: GJomApKW0AA6021.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 03:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Uh oh, someone mentioned Nicole Wallace.

I forget . . . Conservatives that have been wrong are bad today, but only on MSNBC?

But, by all means . . . deflect away.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 03:36 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I forget . . . Conservatives that have been wrong are bad today, but only on MSNBC?

But, by all means . . . deflect away.

What deflection?  Nicole Wallace is an inveterate liar who will clearly say anything for money and has zero integrity.  She's not on MSNBC to provide a conservative perspective, she's there to lie for them.  That video I posted illustrates that rather well.  

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 03:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What deflection?  Nicole Wallace is an inveterate liar who will clearly say anything for money and has zero integrity.  She's not on MSNBC to provide a conservative perspective, she's there to lie for them.  That video I posted illustrates that rather well.  

You mean that highly edited, with much of it out of context, video? LOL, OK. At least we got to look down your rabbit hole a little bit.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 04:06 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: You mean that highly edited, with much of it out of context, video? LOL, OK. At least we got to look down your rabbit hole a little bit.

Sure thing, dude.  It's not like the lies were clearly stated, in context and all.  

Reply/Quote
It has to be joke that MSNBC has a Republican viewpoint. It is also laughable to think the conservative party is a party of the never Trumpers like Wallace and morning Joe. It is like saying the Jan.6th committee had to Republicans i Cheney and her sidekick, again not Trump's conservative, just the opposite, they hate Trump and have Democratic talking points.

It is clear to get airtime (a show) on MSNBC and now NBC you must conform to the left ideology of Trump, Trump, Trump is Hitler.

So no MSNBC does not have one regular Trump conservative party contributor hired nor does NBC.

Attack Fox, but it has a lot of Democratic Fox contributors who get to voice their views, not the views of the GOP. Tarloff, Juan Williams, Penn and Lesley Marshal are on the programs all of the time. Add Richard Fowler.

They have more airtime on Fox in one week than MSNBC has in a year.

NBC and MSNBC not only cater to the left, but they are also an arm of the DNC.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 04:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It has to be joke that MSNBC has a Republican viewpoint. It is also laughable to think the conservative party is a party of the never Trumpers like Wallace and morning Joe. It is like saying the Jan.6th committee had to Republicans i Cheney and her sidekick, again not Trump's conservative, just the opposite, they hate Trump and have Democratic talking points.
It is clear to get airtime (a show) on MSNBC and now NBC you must conform to the left ideology of Trump, Trump, Trump is Hitler.
So no MSNBC does not have one regular Trump conservative party contributor hired nor does NBC.
Attack Fox, but it has a lot of Democratic Fox contributors who get to voice their views, not the views of the GOP. Tarloff, Juan Williams, Penn and Lesley Marshal are on the programs all of the time. Add Richard Fowler.
They have more airtime on Fox in one week than MSNBC has in a year.
NBC and MSNBC not only cater to the left, but they are also an arm of the DNC.

That's why I turn to Fox for balance. No one there says Trump is Hitler. 

NONE of the liberal stations gave air time to election deniers back in 2020 or 2021.

This morning on Laura Ingraham there was a whole segment on how free speech is under
attack from the libs. 
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 04:06 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: You mean that highly edited, with much of it out of context, video? LOL, OK. At least we got to look down your rabbit hole a little bit.

Yeah, that was made deliberately hard to follow.

Half the time I couldn't tell whether she was reporting what others said or her own assessment.

I think you're supposed to already "know" Wallace will "say anything for money,"
then see that staccato medley of statements as all the "proof." "Lies" are all right there, dude!
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 06:04 AM)Dill Wrote: That's why I turn to Fox for balance. No one there says Trump is Hitler. 

NONE of the liberal stations gave air time to election deniers back in 2020 or 2021.

This morning on Laura Ingraham there was a whole segment on how free speech is under
attack from the libs. 

I hope you aren't blindly biased. Both sides are trying to push their own type of control on the media. 
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 06:10 AM)Dill Wrote: Yeah, that was made deliberately hard to follow.

Half the time I couldn't tell whether she was reporting what others said or her own assessment.

I think you're supposed to already "know" Wallace will "say anything for money,"
then see that staccato medley of statements as all the "proof." "Lies" are all right there, dude!

I find it hilarious that a . . . ahem . . . lifelong Democrat voter, who is totally not a Republican, finds that two people that served in Washington as a Republican congressman and as George Bush's White House Communications Director, they are not considered Conservative enough by his standards. 

MY POINT, before deflection, as a true Independent, I don't see anything close to 5 hours a day on Monday through Friday from ''former disgraced ex-Demonrats'' on any Conservative network. I also see that MSNBC is the only cable ''news'' network that doesn't have the word 'news' in their title. That's one less lie, right there.

I watch them the most out of all of the bigger 'news' networks only because of Joe and Ari Melber. I can't sit through the idiocy of Fox and Friends and as much as I love Alisyn Camerota, I can't handle too much of the Vagenda atmosphere of CNN so I watch bits of Joe but for other reasons. I've been in broadcasting off and on for decades, Joe and Mika are comically HORRENDOUS at segues. I may hate Tucker Carlson, but he is very smooth at finishing off an interview heading to commercial. ''Thank you very much, Dr. I'm pretty sure our viewers appreciate it, too and a lot of them are looking up that info as we speak. Coming up after the break . . .'' . . . Mika, on the other hand, is often not listening to the guest as he finishes up something about the possibility of the ending of all life on earth. ''Thanks Dr. Coming up next, Willie Geist goes to a Red Sox game.''

But outside of Joe and Ari, I don't poke around there too much. The main reason I watch Joe is because I'd rather hear reporting after the fact. I'm beyond tired of ''LIVE REPORTING''. Live reporting is a junior reporter, sent on a mobile report, poorly telling you more of what they don't know at the moment than what is actually going on. Usually, this is also accompanied by the same 12second video shown over and over and over . . . I'll wait until tomorrow.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote