Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NC's new proposed gun law
(06-23-2016, 11:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, it does fit. The whole point of the 2nd Amendment was to make sure the citizenry had the tools necessary to overthrow the government if and when necessary. The Founding Fathers knew all too well about the corrupting influence of power and authority and wanted to make sure that American citizens had the means to effectively fight back.

So what you are saying is if Donald Trump wins the election and cuts welfare and reforms immigration and a bunch of blacks, Mexicans, and Muslims grab assault weapons and storm the capital in order to put his head on a pike that is the Constitutionally-justified American way?  Who becomes president if that happens, anyways?

I mean, once we grab guns and overthrow the government (which is the thing we are supposed to do, I guess) who takes over?  I guess if a Republican president is overthrown that we could just install Obama as the new king of America IF that's what the most armed segment of the population wants.

Also, how many people have to kill government officials before it isn't a lone assassin committing murder, and it becomes a Constitutional overthrow of a dictator? John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, Sirhan Sirhan, and John Hinkley were arrested for what they did, weren't they? One could possibly claim the death of MLK was a justified political overthrow, too I guess. So, is the difference a case of numbers, or organization? Does the American populace vote on whether or not killing political leaders is done in the name of their own agenda, insanity, a conspiracy, or Constitutional necessity? Can we cite the 2nd Amendment if a small group kills the mayor of a small town? Who decides who is a dictator, or will we know it when we see it?

Can we write a screenplay based on this?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-23-2016, 02:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So what you are saying is if Donald Trump wins the election and cuts welfare and reforms immigration and a bunch of blacks, Mexicans, and Muslims grab assault weapons and storm the capital in order to put his head on a pike that is the Constitutionally-justified American way?  Who becomes president if that happens, anyways?

I mean, once we grab guns and overthrow the government (which is the thing we are supposed to do, I guess) who takes over?  I guess if a Republican president is overthrown that we could just install Obama as the new king of America IF that's what the most armed segment of the population wants.

Can we write a screenplay based on this?

obviously we would elect nixon's head
People suck
(06-23-2016, 02:42 PM)Griever Wrote: obviously we would elect nixon's head

Ah obviously.  Well, my entire post is rhetorical because I'm pretty sure any legislation that makes it easier to buy guns is done for the main purpose of selling more guns.
(06-23-2016, 02:42 PM)Griever Wrote: obviously we would elect nixon's head

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-23-2016, 01:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is the equivalent of liberals pushing for full term abortions.

Why is the response always to go more extreme?

You'd have to ask Billy Joel...

(06-23-2016, 02:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

this is just one of the many steps on nixons long road to becoming the president of earth
People suck
Uh oh, it looks like someone over corrected when the car started to slide and is about to go into an uncontrollable spin only to crash and burn off a cliff!

And who is that someone?

Our elected officials...only it's not a car but a bus and we are all on it.

Is this over exaggeration? You bet you butt it is, lol.
Just as stupid as the gun control laws being proposed by the left. Dear god, does anyone have any brain cells left?
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(06-23-2016, 02:49 PM)Griever Wrote: this is just one of the many steps on nixons long road to becoming the president of earth

I'll get Agnew's body ready.
(06-23-2016, 03:41 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'll get Agnew's body ready.

dont forget the chew

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
People suck
(06-23-2016, 03:47 PM)Griever Wrote: dont forget the chew

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Nixons BACK!
People suck
I know the guy who owned the printing business who printed those Charleston Chew wrappers. He also made the Husmans Popcorn bags as well along with Papas Candy wrappers.

He also found a way to remove the metal foil from off of plastic using FDA approved food safe chemicals. He put windows into foil bags to show the product. It was really cool.

He sold his business and now plays Professional Poker I think, lol.

Don't judge, he's a good guy and was just tired of all the bull.
(06-23-2016, 04:35 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I know the guy who owned the printing business who printed those Charleston Chew wrappers. He also made the Husmans Popcorn bags as well along with Papas Candy wrappers.

He also found a way to remove the metal foil from off of plastic using FDA approved food safe chemicals. He put windows into foil bags to show the product. It was really cool.

me and roto werent judging...just going back and forth on nixon and futurama, lol
People suck
(06-23-2016, 04:46 PM)Griever Wrote: me and roto werent judging...just going back and forth on nixon and futurama, lol

My absolute favorite Futurama exchange ever. 

Fry: When do we get to party with Slurms McKenzie?

Glurmo: Soon enough.

Fry: That's not soon enough!

My brother in law and I quote it all the time , it always makes me laugh.
So I heard some interesting stuff today while driving around about gun control laws and how much our culture has changed. Just one instance, the head of the NRA in 1935, testifying before Congress, apparently denounced the whole idea of the citizenry carrying their firearms with them in their daily lives. Comparing that to the current NRA stance is a bit mind boggling.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-23-2016, 04:35 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I know the guy who owned the printing business who printed those Charleston Chew wrappers. He also made the Husmans Popcorn bags as well along with Papas Candy wrappers.

That's pretty cool.
I can respect that.
(06-23-2016, 09:43 AM)Griever Wrote: http://www.charlottestories.com/north-carolinas-new-gun-rights-amendment-bill-hb1148-allow-concealed-weapons-without-permits/

While the bill proposes removing the requirement of a specific permit to carry a concealed weapon, it does not remove the requirement of background checks to own a handgun.  In NC, if you want to purchase a handgun, you must attain a pistol purchase permit from your local sheriffs dept.  It is a felony in the State of NC for anyone to sell a handgun to anyone not holding a pistol purchase permit.  Also, anyone wishing to purchase a gun of any type, from a dealer of any type (even pawn shop), if you do not have a pistol purchase permit, you have to be verified through the federal NICS background check.

So, while you must still be legally qualified to own a handgun, they are just proposing that if you are legally able to own a handgun, that you should also be able to carry it on your person without any other special permits.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Another interesting tidbit I heard was that concealed carry was not a thing in most places until a couple of decades ago, thanks to the NRA focusing shift from sporting to personal protection, from safety to lobbying. Until that point, as previously mentioned, daily carrying was not really seen as a good practice, but if you did it was seen as better to open carry. Now the vast majority of gun owners favor concealed carry. Just an interesting switch in trends. This is so much of a switch that for most firearms manufacturers their primary revenue stream is compact and subcombact pistols and revolvers.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
This is why I don't politics.

This is just mind numbingly stupid.