Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NCAA Basketball/FBI thread
Has anyone around here been following this?  Sounds like L'ville's Rick Petino and the AD have already been fired.  Next on the list I've heard is South Carolina, UCLA, and Kansas.  What's all going on? Does anyone know? What is the FBI investigating?  Did someone in the FBI lose in their office March Madness pool? 
How big is this going to go?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 12:44 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Has anyone around here been following this?  Sounds like L'ville's Rick Petino and the AD have already been fired.  Next on the list I've heard is South Carolina, UCLA, and Kansas.  What's all going on? Does anyone know? What is the FBI investigating?  Did someone in the FBI lose in their office March Madness pool? 
How big is this going to go?

To give a simple answer, they've got caught paying for players.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Sneaker company, Adidas, has shoe contract with Louisville.

Sneaker company, Adidas, paid 100,000 to a Louisville recruit who ended up there.

It is obviously against NCAA rules for a school to pay a recruit. So Adidas basically played the middle man.

Sounds like Nike could be implicated also at other schools.

For the record I'm in favor of these players getting paid, just not the way that it is being done underhanded as it is now.
Reply/Quote
yep. nike is next. they've been subpoena'd by the FBI. usc, okla. st, auburn, louisville, more teams to be named due to the nike subpoena. the shit's hitting the fan in cbb.

**edit***
south carolina is only in line b/c frank martin's connection to the miami hurricanes scandal. okla. state and auburn asst. coaches have already been named and fired by respective universities. i didn't hear ucla, however kansas is involved b/c of their cieck diallo scandal apparently he received a lot more money than they originally thought. he played for them just a couple years ago before being drafted.
Reply/Quote
oh and all of this is breaking espn news, however no one wants to talk about good ole roy and North Carolina after they should've received the death penalty already, for fake phony classes. technically the AD and HC @ UL are on paid admin. Leave. likely to be fired, what the hell is bobby petrino thinking right about now?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 09:14 PM)WildCat Wrote: oh and all of this is breaking espn news, however no one wants to talk about good ole roy and North Carolina after they should've received the death penalty already, for fake phony classes. technically the AD and HC @ UL are on paid admin. Leave. likely to be fired, what the hell is bobby petrino thinking right about now?

You bring up a good point.  What about "squeaky clean" UNC?  Why hasn't nothing been done to them?  This might be good for CBB in the long run, cuz its a vipers nest of corruption right now. Minus a few rogue years, its always one of the same schools to win.  Duke, UNC, UK, KU, UCLA (who hasn't been good in a long time), and might as well throw in UConn too.  Year after year after year. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
just to update this thread. pitino is gone. no word on the univ. president at UL. no one from KU, UK, UNC, UCLA or CUSE named in anything. this whole thing could drag out the CBB season. this is either a shoulder shrug, or pure meltdown. imo.
Reply/Quote