Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NCAA Football is just 6 weeks away..
..  Whose ready for the rivalries to resume?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm ready for all of it. I've been less involved football-wise this offseason than I can remember. Sure enough, though, I started to get the itch again a few days ago. Had enough of this summer nonsense. I want to watch some football.
Reply/Quote
Hell ya!  Bring it on! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2018, 02:56 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Hell ya!  Bring it on! 

Heck yeah!  There's always a special excitement I associate with CFB, and when you're in a crowd of 100K+, the energy level can never be matched at an NFL game.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I can't wait !

Anxious to see how QB plays out ? Will Haskins take control ? Will Martell play ?
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2018, 08:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I can't wait !

Anxious to see how QB plays out ? Will  Haskins take control ? Will Martell play ?

The way I see it, it's Haskins team to lead.  Martell, I see getting plenty of PT, but in a "gadget" role.  The dude's an athlete, but too small and frail to be a full time RB.  If I had to guess, he'll likely play some action from all sorts of positions, in an attempt to get him the ball in space.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nothing like cool fall days, college games on Saturday, and NFL on Sunday. Lord, I get chills thinking about it. ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2018, 07:31 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Nothing like cool fall days, college games on Saturday, and NFL on Sunday. Lord, I get chills thinking about it. ThumbsUp

Yes! Getting up on a cool crisp fall Saturday morning, putting on a sweatshirt and making a pot of coffee. Sitting in my chair watching GameDay and getting ready to watch a Hawkeye victory....or an Irish victory. Damn it’s been a long time coming. I’ve got half a stiffy just thinking about it......where’s the wife at? Lol!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Getting a bit giddy about seeing the Taggart era begin in Tallahassee this season.  Go Noles!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 08:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ..  Whose ready for the rivalries to resume?

I know, right?  Kind of pissed this year though, Comcast has decided to drop the Big 10 Network here in Washington. There are about 2 or 3 games the Bucks play that are broadcasted by that Network, I'll miss...  
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2018, 08:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The way I see it, it's Haskins team to lead.  Martell, I see getting plenty of PT, but in a "gadget" role.  The dude's an athlete, but too small and frail to be a full time RB.  If I had to guess, he'll likely play some action from all sorts of positions, in an attempt to get him the ball in space.

I really like what I saw of Haskins in limited action last season. Big time arm talent and isn't afraid to sling it! Not really sure what to think of Martell, Just by judging his size and skill set, I see a Manziel in him. I could be wrong, I've never seen the kid play.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2018, 03:59 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I really like what I saw of Haskins in limited action last season. Big time arm talent and isn't afraid to sling it! Not really sure what to think of Martell, Just by judging his size and skill set, I see a Manziel in him. I could be wrong, I've never seen the kid play.

Yes, I think that Haskins is going to be a bit of an anomaly at OSU, a QB with an NFL quality arm.  We've gotten so accustomed to the guys that run around, that it will be strange seeing a bonafide Pro-style guy leading a more traditional offense.  Personally, I'm all for it.  Teams have gotten too good at scheming for the RPO, and OSU is loaded with talent in the offensive weapons department.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm a S.E.C. girl living in the deep south. War Eagle, Roll tide, Go tide, a few of my favorite teams. Can't wait.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2018, 05:10 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: I'm a S.E.C. girl living in the deep south.  War Eagle,  Roll tide, Go tide, a few of my favorite teams. Can't wait.

I must say, it's a bit unusual to see someone mention both War Eagle and Roll Tide in their favorite teams.  I live in NC, and watch a good bit of SEC as well, (go Dawgs).  Aren't Auburn and 'Bama bitter rivals?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2018, 05:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, I think that Haskins is going to be a bit of an anomaly at OSU, a QB with an NFL quality arm.  We've gotten so accustomed to the guys that run around, that it will be strange seeing a bonafide Pro-style guy leading a more traditional offense.  Personally, I'm all for it.  Teams have gotten too good at scheming for the RPO, and OSU is loaded with talent in the offensive weapons department.

Considering we are still coached by Urban Meyer, we won't have to worry about that...
Reply/Quote
I start with Bama, I cheer for them in all of their games, then I cheer for S.E.C. teams against other leagues.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2018, 09:21 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: I start with Bama, I cheer for them in all of their games, then I cheer for S.E.C. teams against other leagues.

Great!  Then you must clearly remember the night that Zeke Elliot and the Buckeyes, with a 3rd string QB put up 42 on 'Bama, and denied them at least one Title?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2018, 11:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: Getting a bit giddy about seeing the Taggart era begin in Tallahassee this season.  Go Noles!

Am a big Taggart fan and think he does real well with that FSU talent. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
So nervously excited about college footballs arrival.

The Cards lose Lamar Jackson and start the season off against Alabama !

Tough task for our new QB Puma Pass who is supposed to be real good as well.

Yet after being spoiled with Bridgewater and then Lamar it may be tough asking to have a third great one in a row.

Will say that even though I do not see Cards winning this one realistically with new QB and losing almost entire Defense.

Would still wager on them getting 30+ points, Cards will cover.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2018, 09:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great!  Then you must clearly remember the night that Zeke Elliot and the Buckeyes, with a 3rd string QB put up 42 on 'Bama, and denied them at least one Title?

I remember!   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote